02-04-06, 03:35 PM   #1
chester
An Aku'mai Servant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
SuperInspect

Download can be found here: SuperInspect

Description
Ever wish you could check out that cool sword or helmet model that guy had without following him around and trying to move your camera just right to get a good look? Ever wish you could get up close and personal with that awsome shield model without having the owner think you are stalking them? Ever wish you could freely view that really cool looking mob from a safe distace? Ever just wanted to view a really nice character model at your leisure without having to navigate your character to do it? SuperInspect is for you....

== What is SuperInspect? ==
SuperInspect replaces the default inspect window with one that gives you these features:
-Inspect your target as long as you can target them
-Continue inspecting even if you've lost your target
-Show bonuses awarded to your target by the items they have equiped
-Colored borders for displayed items that indicate their quality
-Freely rotate, pan and zoom the model with your mouse
-Display NPCs
-Display Hostile Players
-Display yourself
-Gives each unit a nice background
-Toggle the display of inventory items and/or honor information
-Draggable, scaleable window
-Bind a key to inspect or view quickly
-Maximizes the window space for better model viewing

== How to Use ==
Inspect your targets as usual OR if you wish to also check out NPCs (recommended):
Go to 'Main Menu' then 'Key Bindings' and scroll down until you find the SuperInspect entry. Bind a key to 'Inspect Target'. Select a target, hit that key and the SuperInspect window will appear (try targeting NPCs or if you can't find a target, target yourself with F1).

When the SuperInspect window is up, dragging the model with your Left-Mouse Button rotates the model, dragging with your Right-Mouse Button pans the model and MouseWheel zooms in and out.

If you wish to scale the window and/or drag it to some other position, see the slash commands below. Once you've turned off default mode, you can drag the frame around by clicking and dragging on the top part of the frame.

== Options ==
-To show the available options:
/superinspect
--------------------------------
/superinspect reset - reset the frame to the center of your screen
/superinspect scale [number] - change the scale of the frame (ex: /superinspect scale 0.8)
/superinspect defaulttoggle - toggle default mode on/off (when on, SI acts like the default inspect window. when off, you can drag and scale the window)

--- ADDITIONAL CREDITS
[email protected] (of TitanItemBonuses fame) - parsing code for the item bonuses
Sasmira ( Cosmos Team ) - french translation
g3gg0 - additional itembonus parsing code and german translations
Ghost - additional testing and german translations
02-04-06, 03:56 PM   #2
chester
An Aku'mai Servant
CHANGELIST
02/14/06 - v1.13
FIXES:
-fixed lifetime rank only showing current rank
-fixed rank title on opposite faction members not being localized
-fixed buttons not using localized strings
-fixed a few more patterns
-fixed item bonus window not drawing correctly on top of buttons
-fixed an error where a function would get called before the addon loaded
-SuperInspcet and AuperInspect_UI are now dependent on each other
-SuperInspect_UI is now called such in the addons window
-added a hack on my end to fix incompatibility with QuickInspect
-fixed a few bad german translations (though I can't test, so I have no clue if they are fixed)
NEW:
-if you hit the hotkey with no target selected, it will autoselect yourself
-item durability information is now displayed for you own items (if they are starting to wear down)
-there is now a "compare" button on the item bonuses frame (click it to cope info to the compare frame to temporarily save and compare with another player)
-all known MobInfo2 information displayed now for npc's that you have MobInfo2 data on. If you don't have MobInfo2 installed or don't have data on the mob, the window will not display.
-added a frame opening and closing sound (off by default). If you would like to enable this, type: /superinspect sound

A note about set bonuses:
When the item bonus window scans items to find bonuses to report, bonuses which are given by wearing multiple set pieces don't show up. Why? Because when you get information of a set item on another player, it doesn't report how many they are currently wearing and what the awarded bonuses for multiple pieces are. This is what I consider a bug in how Blizzard returns item information. At the moment, there is nothing that I can cleanly do about this so please take this information into consideration when you are viewing items stats in relation to set pieces. Thanks.

Last edited by chester : 02-14-06 at 05:35 PM.
02-04-06, 04:11 PM   #3
Nakari
A Murloc Raider
Great Addon, though I have spotted some small bugs in the latest release (1.11).

-the "Item Bonus"- Panel doesn't count the "to hit" bonus from the Hunter Zul'gurub enchant "Falcon's Call". I have 3 Items with +1% chance to hit, and 2 Items with the enchant, but the Item Bonus panel only shows +3% to hit.

-a number of rogues I inspected had "+2 Block" listed as item bonus, though none of their items had any +blocking... those rogues all had several pieces of the Bloodfang Set.
02-04-06, 04:35 PM   #4
chester
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Nakari
Great Addon, though I have spotted some small bugs in the latest release (1.11).

-the "Item Bonus"- Panel doesn't count the "to hit" bonus from the Hunter Zul'gurub enchant "Falcon's Call". I have 3 Items with +1% chance to hit, and 2 Items with the enchant, but the Item Bonus panel only shows +3% to hit.

-a number of rogues I inspected had "+2 Block" listed as item bonus, though none of their items had any +blocking... those rogues all had several pieces of the Bloodfang Set.
Nakari, do you think you could send me or post screenshots of what the enchant text looks like? The tooltip is fine. Thanks.
02-04-06, 05:11 PM   #5
Nakari
A Murloc Raider
Sure

02-05-06, 03:33 AM   #6
Sargeant
A Murloc Raider

The problem regarding set bonuses persists through the last update (Though I do think that the "Sets" section was a pretty good idea).

I.e., I have "Ironfeather Shoulders" and "Ironfeather Breastplate", which have a set bonus of "Increases damage and healing done by magical spells and effects by up to 20." This set bonus is listed on both items (and therefore parsed twice), but is only applied once. Instead of seeing "Spell Damage +20, Healing + 20", I see "Spell Damage +40, Healing + 40".

The same thing occurs with my wildheart. It recognizes the +5 nature resist set bonus 3 times, once from each piece of the set, so instead of seeing "+5" nature resist, I see "+15".

Glad to confirm that SuperInspect does now correctly identify +mana regen. =D

Just one question... I haven't been able to find another druid with gear like mine to inspect in the last little while, so I thought I'd ask.. If you examine someone who wears the same set that you do, only a different number of pieces, does SuperInspect not display the bonuses form the set, or does it (because of the tooltip parsing) mistake your set bonuses for theirs?

The way I see it, there would be two ways to go about properly displaying set bonuses: Exclude them altogether , or keep an updated list of the current set bonuses in the game and determine what, if any, apply to the inspected target (rather than parsing set bonuses from the tooltip -- sounds like this would be too high maintenance). Or, just maybe, blizz will finally make set bonuses display the way we all think they should in other people's tooltips....

Thanks for the hard work...
02-10-06, 02:04 AM   #7
Seikosm
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
The Highest Rank under Lifetime honor is showing the persons current rank, not highest rank achieved.
02-14-06, 06:31 AM   #8
TS_CTMod
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Not real sure what I was doing when I first got this error, but I've got it a few times since then, but never actually noticed when...

And while this may not be an error so to speak, when someone has a lot of bonuses and set parts, the display can get a bit weird:

02-14-06, 05:36 PM   #9
chester
An Aku'mai Servant
TS_CTMod, thanks. I will fix that error.

Grab the newest version and see if you still get that overlapping frame. The draw order should be fixed and I got rid of the extra spaces to help reduce the overlap. Let me know how it works for you.
02-17-06, 01:48 AM   #10
Jexx
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I was getting a similar error as TS tonight. Not really sure what was causing it, it didn't seem to start happening until I joined a Raid, and then would popup every so often.

02-26-06, 05:59 PM   #11
chester
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Jexx
I was getting a similar error as TS tonight. Not really sure what was causing it, it didn't seem to start happening until I joined a Raid, and then would popup every so often.

I can't get your shot to load, but if you are referring to the 'table' bug, I just fixed it and should have a new version ready pretty soon.

Originally posted by Xageroth
I was looking for a better inspect view, the one I was using misses info and doesn't look as slick. I can't tell if you referred to any Model Citizen code for the mouse manipulation, but you may be interested to know I'm turning Model Citizen into a platform so it can be used by mods exactly like yours! Very cool.
I wasn't aware of of the Model Citizen mod when I started working on SuperInspect, but I've checked it out since and it's a really cool mod. After poking around the code, we are doing the model rotating/paning/zooming differently (I use an invisible frame that moves around to track the cursor movement and Model Citzen just tracks the movment directly).

One feature that I noticed some folks were working on with Model Citizen that is cool is saving the frame positions for NPCs of funky sizes. It doesn't seem to be too much of a problem in SuperInspect, but if I have some time down the road, I might consider doing the same thing.
02-26-06, 07:48 PM   #12
Xageroth
An Aku'mai Servant
My goal with the next version is to make it easier to add 3d models to mods and also take up less memory by handling all the model features in one place. That way adding a 3d model to something like SuperInspect would be something like:

Code:
generatorSettings = {
    addonName = "SuperInspect",
    db = "MySavedVar",
}
modelGenerator = ModelCitizen:GetGenerator(generatorSettings)
inspectModel = modelGenerator:Create()
inspectModel:SetUnitType("target")
inspectModel:SetSize( SuperInspectFrame:GetWidth(), SuperInspectFrame:GetHeight() )

-- on frame show
inspectModel:Enable()

-- on frame hide
inspectModel:Disable()
A config menu would show what addons are using 3d models, what their mouse bindings are (changeable), and then camera correction stuff can be applied across all addons.
03-15-06, 02:20 PM   #13
Grayhoof
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
There appears to be some issues with SuperInspect and the new font features in 1.10. If SuperInspect is loaded, none of the font changes from ClearFont work. If SuperInspect is not loaded, ClearFont works fine. I realize SuperInspect does not have a 1.10 version out, so you may already be aware of the issue(s) and fixing it, but just thought you'd want a heads up =)

ClearFont: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...fo.php?id=4528
03-18-06, 02:50 PM   #14
chester
An Aku'mai Servant
Thanks, Greyhoof. I've tracked down the issue and posted it for Kirkburn on the ClearFont forum page here.
05-19-06, 06:13 PM   #15
jkgohan
A Murloc Raider
Hey, i love this mod cause it is really a easy inspect system, but i am having problems with my Ctrl+Click to try on an item that is in the chat box. I dled a couple add-ons so i dont know if this one made it where i cant do that but im pretty sure it is cause this is theonly one with the Inspect feature or anything close.

Thing is that i cant Ctrl+Left Click to see how ti looks on me, and then if someone pots it in the chat box i cant shift click itinto my guild chat.

Help plz, email me or post here, preferably email me at [email protected]
06-21-06, 12:53 PM   #16
eligent
A Kobold Labourer
whenever I inspect someone, I get a huge display of one of the items in the topright of the screen and I cannot get rid of it...
06-21-06, 01:19 PM   #17
Lute
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by eligent
whenever I inspect someone, I get a huge display of one of the items in the topright of the screen and I cannot get rid of it...
Same, hope gets fixed soon or detect if other addon triggers that.
06-21-06, 01:31 PM   #18
Reolin
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

1. Go to Interface/AddOns/SuperInspect_UI/ and open the SuperInspect_UI.xml file.

2. Do a search for "GameTooltip", until you find a line that looks like:
Code:
<GameTooltip name="SuperInspect_TT" frameStrata="TOOLTIP" hidden="true"  inherits="GameTooltipTemplate"/>
3. Change this section to:
Code:
<GameTooltip name="SuperInspect_TT" frameStrata="TOOLTIP" hidden="true" clampedToScreen="false" inherits="GameTooltipTemplate">
		<Scripts>
			<OnLoad>
				GameTooltip_OnLoad();
				this:SetOwner(WorldFrame, "ANCHOR_NONE"); <!--this:SetOwner(UIParent, "ANCHOR_RIGHT"); (old code)-->
			</OnLoad>
		</Scripts>
	</GameTooltip>
06-23-06, 09:58 AM   #19
Mimesis
A Fallenroot Satyr
asd

jus started using super inspect in 1.11, i applied the hotfixes mentioned above, but i cannot (and never was able to) see the bonusses frame
06-27-06, 07:46 PM   #20
DementedOne
A Kobold Labourer
Save Profile Option?

Granted it can be system heavy, but perhaps an option to save the profile you are inspecting?
Not like the old one that would save all profiles of anyone you even clicked on, but an option or button to do so while looking.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » SuperInspect