This Space For Rent

Featured
Patch 4.3 on PTR

Finally!

Official patch notes:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/3608419

Global string changes (courtesy of MMO-Champion):

Code:
ALL_ASSIST_DESCRIPTION = "If checked, all raid members will have the permissions of a Raid Assistant.";
ALL_ASSIST_LABEL = "All |TInterface\\GroupFrame\\UI-Group-AssistantIcon:20:20:0:1|t";
ALL_ASSIST_LABEL_LONG = "Make Everyone Assistant";
ALL_ASSIST_NOT_LEADER_ERROR = "Only the Raid Leader may change this option.";
BINDING_NAME_EXTRAACTIONBUTTON1 = "Extra Action Button 1";
BNET_REPORT_ABUSE_BUTTON_SHORT = "Report Abuse";
BOSS_INFO_STRING = "Boss: %s";
CHAT_TRIAL_RESTRICTED_NOTICE = "|Hchannel:%d|h[%s]|h Starter Edition accounts cannot send messages to this channel. \124cffffd000\124HurlIndex:2\124h[Click To Upgrade]\124h\124r";
DRAG_MODEL = "Drag";
DRAG_MODEL_TOOLTIP = "Right-click on character and drag to move it within the window.";
ENTER_EMAIL = "Enter email address";
ENTER_EMAIL_OR_CHARACTER = "Enter email or character-realm name";
ERR_BATTLEGROUND_DUPE_QUEUE = "Someone in your group is already queued for that.";
ERR_DIFFICULTY_DISABLED_IN_LFG = "[PH]DIFFICULTY_DISABLED_IN_LFG";
ERR_GUILD_LEADER_REPLACED = "Because the previous guild master %s has not logged in for an extended time, %s has become the new Guild Master.";
ERR_GUILD_REP_TOO_LOW = "Your guild reputation isn't high enough to do that.";
ERR_PARENTAL_CONTROLS_CHAT_MUTED = "PLACEHOLDER TEXT - You cannot send or recieve chat messages because your account has been muted through the parental controls.";
ERR_TRANSMOGRIFY_CANT_EQUIP = "You must be able to equip an item to use its appearance.";
ERR_TRANSMOGRIFY_INVALID_DESTINATION = "%s cannot be transmogrified.";
ERR_TRANSMOGRIFY_INVALID_ITEM_TYPE = "This item does not have a valid appearance.";
ERR_TRANSMOGRIFY_INVALID_SOURCE = "This item's appearance cannot be used.";
ERR_TRANSMOGRIFY_LEGENDARY = "You cannot transmogrify or use the appearance of a legendary item.";
ERR_TRANSMOGRIFY_MISMATCH = "You can only transmogrify an item to take the appearance of an item of the same type and slot.";
ERR_TRANSMOGRIFY_NOT_EQUIPPED = "You can only transmogrify an item equipped in the same slot.";
ERR_TRANSMOGRIFY_NOT_SOULBOUND = "%s cannot be transmogrified because it is not bound to you.";
ERR_TRANSMOGRIFY_SAME_APPEARANCE = "%s already has that appearance.";
ERR_TRANSMOGRIFY_SAME_ITEM = "You cannot transmogrify an item with the same item.";
ERR_VOID_DEPOSIT_FULL = "You can't deposit more than 9 items at once.";
ERR_VOID_STORAGE_BAG = "You cannot deposit a non-empty bag in void storage.";
ERR_VOID_STORAGE_CHARGES = "You cannot deposit an item with used charges in void storage.";
ERR_VOID_STORAGE_CONJURED = "You cannot deposit conjured items in void storage.";
ERR_VOID_STORAGE_DURATION = "You cannot deposit items with limited duration in void storage.";
ERR_VOID_STORAGE_HOLIDAY = "You cannot deposit Holiday related items in void storage.";
ERR_VOID_STORAGE_LOOT = "You cannot deposit lootable items in void storage.";
ERR_VOID_STORAGE_MAIL = "You cannot deposit mail items in void storage.";
ERR_VOID_STORAGE_QUEST = "You cannot deposit quest items in void storage.";
ERR_VOID_STORAGE_REPAIR = "You must repair that item before you can deposit it in void storage.";
ERR_VOID_STORAGE_STACKABLE = "You cannot deposit stackable items in void storage.";
ERR_VOID_STORAGE_UNBOUND = "Only soulbound items can be deposited in void storage.";
ERR_VOID_STORAGE_UNIQUE = "You cannot deposit unique items in void storage.";
ERR_VOID_STORAGE_WRAPPED = "You cannot deposit wrapped items in void storage.";
ERR_VOID_TRANSFER_INTERNAL_ERROR = "Internal void storage error.";
ERR_VOID_TRANSFER_INV_FULL = "There is not enough room in your bags to complete the withdrawal.";
ERR_VOID_TRANSFER_STORAGE_FULL = "There is not enough room in void storage to complete the deposit.";
ERR_VOID_WITHDRAW_FULL = "You can't withdraw more than 9 items at once.";
GRAPHICS_OPTIONS_UNAVAILABLE = "Some options are unavailable while %1$s is set to %2$s.";
GUILDBANK_UNLOCKTAB_FORMAT = "%s unlocked a guild bank tab with a Guild Vault Voucher.";
GUILD_FACTION_TITLE_EXALTED_FEMALE = "Champion of %s";
GUILD_FACTION_TITLE_FRIENDLY_FEMALE = "Recruit of %s";
GUILD_FACTION_TITLE_HONORED_FEMALE = "Guardian of %s";
GUILD_FACTION_TITLE_REVERED_FEMALE = "Veteran of %s";
GUILD_IMPEACH_BUTTON_TEXT = "|cFFFF0000Guild Master Inactive!|r |cFFFFFFFF[Click Here for Info]|r";
GUILD_IMPEACH_POPUP_CONFIRM = "Dethrone";
GUILD_IMPEACH_POPUP_TEXT = "Your guild master has been flagged as inactive. You may assume control of the guild. Do you want to remove the guild master?";
HUNTER_TRACKING_TEXT = "Hunter Tracking";
ITEM_LEVEL_ABBR = "iLvl";
MAC_DISABLE_OS_SHORTCUTS = "Disable OS Keyboard Shortcuts";
MAC_DISABLE_OS_SHORTCUTS_TOOLTIP = "Disables the operating system keyboard shortcuts. Use this if you don't want to accidentally fire operating system shortcuts during the game.";
MAC_OPTIONS_MISC = "Miscellaneous";
MAC_SWAP_CONTROL_AND_COMMAND = "Use Command instead of Control for key bindings";
MAC_SWAP_CONTROL_AND_COMMAND_TOOLTIP = "Use this if you want to use the Command key modifier for key bindings instead of the Control key.";
MAP_OPTIONS_TEXT = "Map Options";
MELEE_ATTACK_POWER_SPELL_POWER_TOOLTIP = "Increases damage with melee weapons by %.1f damage per second.\nIncreases Spell Power by %d.";
MINIMAP_TRACKING_DIGSITES = "Track Digsites";
MINIMAP_TRACKING_QUEST_POIS = "Track Quest POIs";
NEWBIE_TOOLTIP_RAID_BROWSER = "Allows you to view a list of other players looking to perform particular activities. Also allows you to control your appearance on that list.";
OPTION_TOOLTIP_SHOW_ALL_ENEMY_DEBUFFS = "Show all debuffs on enemy targets instead of just those deemed relevant to you.";
PLAYERS_FOUND_OUT_OF_MAX = "%d/%d";
POWER_TYPE_REGENERATIVE_BLOOD = "Regenerative Blood";
PVP_SUSPENDED_QUEUE_STATUS = "Your queue has been suspended because you or a party member are currently participating in another activity. You will retain your place in the queue.";
RAID_FINDER = "Raid Finder";
REFORGE_RESTORE_MESSAGE = "This item has already been reforged and cannot be reforged again until it has been restored to its previous state.";
REQUIRES_GUILD_FACTION_TOOLTIP = "Requires %s with guild";
REQ_LEVEL_ABBR = "Lvl";
RETRIEVING_INVITE_LIST = "Retrieving invite list";
RETURN_TO_DEFAULT = "Return to default";
ROTATE_LEFT = "Rotate Left";
ROTATE_RIGHT = "Rotate Right";
ROTATE_TOOLTIP = "Left-click on character and drag to rotate.";
SCROLL_OF_RESURRECTION = "Scroll Of Resurrection";
SCROLL_OF_RESURRECTION_TOOLTIP = "You can send a Scroll of Resurrection to players with inactive accounts. Click here for more information.";
SEND_SCROLL_OF_RESURRECTION = "Send Scroll of Resurrection";
SHOW_ALL_ENEMY_DEBUFFS_TEXT = "Show All Enemy Debuffs";
SHOW_BOSSES_ON_MAP_TEXT = "Show Bosses";
SKILL_ABBR = "Skill";
SLASH_CLEAR_WORLD_MARKER1 = "/cwm";
SLASH_CLEAR_WORLD_MARKER2 = "/cwm";
SLASH_CLEAR_WORLD_MARKER3 = "/clearworldmarker";
SLASH_CLEAR_WORLD_MARKER4 = "/clearworldmarker";
SLASH_RANDOM8 = "/roll";
SLASH_TARGET_MARKER1 = "/tm";
SLASH_TARGET_MARKER2 = "/tm";
SLASH_TARGET_MARKER3 = "/targetmarker";
SLASH_TARGET_MARKER4 = "/targetmarker";
SLASH_WORLD_MARKER1 = "/wm";
SLASH_WORLD_MARKER2 = "/wm";
SLASH_WORLD_MARKER3 = "/worldmarker";
SLASH_WORLD_MARKER4 = "/worldmarker";
SLOT_ABBR = "Slots";
STAT4_NOSPELLPOWER_TOOLTIP = "Increases Mana by %d\nIncreases Spell Critical Hit by %.2f%%";
STAT_AVERAGE_ITEM_LEVEL_EQUIPPED = "(Equipped %d)";
TOWNSFOLK_TRACKING_TEXT = "Townsfolk";
TRANSFER = "Transfer";
TRANSMOGRIFIED = "Transmogrified to:\n%s";
TRANSMOGRIFY = "Transmogrify";
TRANSMOGRIFY_BIND_CONFIRMATION = "Using this item for transmogrify will bind it to you and make it non-refundable and non-tradeable.";
TRANSMOGRIFY_INVALID_REASON1 = "There is no equipped item in this slot.";
TRANSMOGRIFY_INVALID_REASON2 = "This item is not soulbound.";
TRANSMOGRIFY_INVALID_REASON3 = "Legendary items cannot be transmogrified.";
TRANSMOGRIFY_INVALID_REASON4 = "This item cannot be transmogrified.";
TRANSMOGRIFY_INVALID_REASON5 = "This item cannot be transmogrified.";
TRANSMOGRIFY_TOOLTIP_APPLY = "To be transmogrified to:\n%s";
TRANSMOGRIFY_TOOLTIP_REVERT = "To be reverted";
UNDOCK_WINDOW = "Undock Window";
UNLEARN_SPECIALIZATION_TOOLTIP = "Unlearn this specialization.";
UNLOCK_VOID_STORAGE = "Unlock Void Storage";
VOICECHAT_NO_64BIT_TEXT = "Voice Chat is not yet supported in 64-bit World of Warcraft.";
VOID_STORAGE = "Void Storage";
VOID_STORAGE_DEPOSIT_CONFIRMATION = "Depositing this item will remove all modifications and make it non-refundable and non-tradeable.";
VOID_STORAGE_TUTORIAL1 = "Drag items here to deposit them into Void Storage.";
VOID_STORAGE_TUTORIAL2 = "You can only store\nsoulbound gear.";
VOID_STORAGE_TUTORIAL3 = "Drag items to here from your Void Storage to withdraw them.";
VOID_STORAGE_TUTORIAL4 = "Finalize the transfer here to deposit and withdraw items.";
VOID_STORAGE_TUTORIAL5 = "Cost is determined per item.";
VOID_STORAGE_WELCOME = "Welcome to the Void Storage Service";
VOID_STORAGE_WELCOME_TEXT = "Only soulbound gear is allowed to be stored.\nItems stored will lose any modifications and will become\nnon-refundable and non-tradeable.";
- UNDOCK_WINDOW might mean we get all windows moveable in the UI.
- Slash commands for target/world markers
- More tracking options including quest and archaeology blobs
- 64-bit WoW is hinted (see the voice chat string)

What authors need to know:

- Division by zero now throws an error.

Last edited by Haleth : 10-05-11 at 03:51 AM. Reason: Officlal patch notes
09-27-11, 04:43 PM   #2
Vlad
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I do enjoy the fact you can now target based on marks, makes some things a lot easier -i.e. mage macroing Sheep to Moon and such. So they can do it with a mod or btn:2, the options are endless!

Anyone else noticed "HurlIndex" as in "hurl" to vomit/puke? Funny... "hurlIndex" Making finding vomit easier!

In any case the next PTR changes will be interesting to follow, I wonder what else UI related they change -hopefully fix the dang world marker dropdown menu taint. :P
09-27-11, 05:00 PM   #3
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Vladinator View Post
I do enjoy the fact you can now target based on marks, makes some things a lot easier -i.e. mage macroing Sheep to Moon and such. So they can do it with a mod or btn:2, the options are endless!
Nice, they should've had that from the start.
How much do you want to bet they won't have seperate unitframes in the default UI yet for such raid marks?

Anyone else noticed "HurlIndex" as in "hurl" to vomit/puke? Funny... "hurlIndex" Making finding vomit easier!
I noticed that when going through the code for the hyperlink handling system in the default UI.
This proves Blizzard are all secretly anthropologists, they wish to index and catalog our vomit.

Last edited by SDPhantom : 09-27-11 at 05:17 PM.
09-27-11, 06:12 PM   #4
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by SDPhantom View Post
Nice, they should've had that from the start.
How much do you want to bet they won't have seperate unitframes in the default UI yet for such raid marks?

I noticed that when going through the code for the hyperlink handling system in the default UI.
This proves Blizzard are all secretly anthropologists, they wish to index and catalog our vomit.
It was only a matter of time that they moved from poop to vomit.
09-27-11, 07:07 PM   #5
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Nibelheim View Post
It was only a matter of time that they moved from poop to vomit.
mmmm, Fecology, lol
09-27-11, 09:35 PM   #6
Coote
A Scalebane Royal Guard

We all know this won't be a real cata patch until they muck around with CombatLogEventUnfiltered.

"This is the fifteen-thousandth four hundredth and ninety-eighth occurence".
09-27-11, 11:20 PM   #7
Saiket
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Sadly, that new slash command just has a misleading name. It accepts a number from 0-8 to mark a unit with.
lua Code:
  1. SlashCmdList["TARGET_MARKER"] = function(msg)
  2.     local marker, target = SecureCmdOptionParse(msg);
  3.     if ( not target ) then
  4.         target = "target";
  5.     end
  6.     if ( tonumber(marker) ) then
  7.         SetRaidTarget(target, tonumber(marker));    --Using /tm 0 will clear the target marker.
  8.     end
  9. end
09-28-11, 02:04 AM   #8
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by TMcMahon51 View Post
We all know this won't be a real cata patch until they muck around with CombatLogEventUnfiltered.
Give them some time, they'll find something to inject in the middle of all the returns and break almost every addon again.
09-28-11, 02:57 AM   #9
Haleth
This Space For Rent

Featured
Hrm... lots of UI changes under the hood. A lot of pointless stuff too... everything 'LFD' changed to 'LFG' for example.

Action buttons changed a little bit as well apparently.
09-28-11, 03:15 AM   #10
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

I better buy a large bottle of the cheapest liquor available in preparation for UI fixes :|

I see they've finally included POI tracking on the minimap. One more module I'll be able to remove from RealUI

Last edited by Nibelheim : 09-28-11 at 03:17 AM.
09-28-11, 06:35 AM   #11
Ketho
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by TMcMahon51 View Post
Give them some time, they'll find something to inject in the middle of all the returns and break almost every addon again.
hope not ... just checked the PTR and fortunately at least the CLEU base parameters are still the same for now
09-28-11, 08:41 AM   #12
Foxlit
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
This sounds unlikely -- if you could target raid markers, they'll protect setting raid markers, which'll probably annoy people using boss mods.

-hopefully fix the dang world marker dropdown menu taint. :P
You can control world markers through SecureActionButtonTemplate in 4.3, bypassing the dropdown stuff entirely. There is also a fix for one issue that causes secure dropdowns to become tainted, though it'd be interesting to see if it catches all the cases.

[Shameless plug: recent versions of OPie should not complain about taint when using world markers even on 4.2.]
10-04-11, 04:12 PM   #13
Haleth
This Space For Rent

Featured
Patch notes have been updated! Check the link in the original post.

It also seems like there are new colour-blind options coming:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3279039132
10-04-11, 10:04 PM   #14
Zagrei
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
On the most recent build of the 4.3 PTR (14791), I suddenly got a lot of errors from Lib-based addons, mostly involving 'division by zero'.

Anyone know what changed between these two builds that could cause this?
10-04-11, 10:40 PM   #15
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
If they use Ace, it's caused by AceSerializer. There's an alpha up at WoWAce. If an addon has the code itself (rather than using AceSerializer) then it will need to be updated - OPie, for example, threw this error when I tried to open the Quest Item ring, but worked mostly fine otherwise. (My custom created ring has greyed out icons and the quick action isn't working, but it's livable.)

Mainly, Blizz updated the Lua parser to be more in-line with the C-side of things, and dividing by zero now throws an error rather than failing silently.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

10-04-11, 11:20 PM   #16
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by Zagrei View Post
On the most recent build of the 4.3 PTR (14791), I suddenly got a lot of errors from Lib-based addons, mostly involving 'division by zero'.

Anyone know what changed between these two builds that could cause this?
Blizzard no longer allows division by zero without it throwing an error. Expect the worst :S
10-05-11, 12:10 AM   #17
Zagrei
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
WELP, that's what I needed to know... kinda. I guess I'll just have to use different addons until they're updated
10-05-11, 02:37 AM   #18
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
Mainly, Blizz updated the Lua parser to be more in-line with the C-side of things, and dividing by zero now throws an error rather than failing silently.
Really... WTF? Why would they change something that works just perfectly as-is? So I guess this means there are no NaNs or Infinity? Now I'll have to rewrite my vector functions again to handle this.

What're they going to do next? Make Lua index tables and strings starting at 0 instead of 1?

BTW, Division by zero never technically failed in Lua. The specification for the data type it uses defines 0/0 as NaN and any other division by zero as a signed infinity.

Last edited by SDPhantom : 10-05-11 at 02:42 AM.
10-05-11, 09:35 AM   #19
Coote
A Scalebane Royal Guard

What're they going to do next? Make Lua index tables and strings starting at 0 instead of 1?
Quit giving them ideas.

"This is the fifteen-thousandth four hundredth and ninety-eighth occurence".
10-05-11, 11:18 AM   #20
Vlad
A Molten Giant

How about making you have to call functions like this string.replace() and disable the use of (""):replace() and such -that would be lovely, 90% of all code has to be rewritten.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » General WoW Chat » Patch 4.3 on PTR