03-23-09, 04:08 PM   #1
todd3835
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Raid Frames too flashy?

I had a thought about the raid frames. I've noticed that when someone gets healed, they flash that person's box green, and then red for damage. While this might be useful for some, in my case it tends to cause alot of lag in some cases (IE 25 man raids, BG's, etc). I was wondering if there was a way to turn this mode off. Just a thought =]

-Todd

03-23-09, 04:21 PM   #2
todd3835
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Ok, so I was bored and skimming through the LUA of nUI (I learned TCL scripting language by just looking at other people's code, like reading a book hehehe). And guess what, I found an un-documeted feature that did exactly what I want. If we could just add it to the /nui help and the FAQ please!

/nui showhits

If this could be changed to /nui showhits <on/off> it could be added into the GUI addon. Just a thought. I was very happy to stumble onto this little hidden feature! So if anyone else was in need of this, here's the info. Hope it helps!

03-23-09, 04:28 PM   #3
Dramber
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Thumbs up

* Added a new set of slash commands for the feedback system...

/nui feedback curse
/nui feedback disease
/nui feedback magic
/nui feedback poison

These options allow the player to individually disable or enable each of the four
feedback highlight types so that you can enable only those types you can dispell. By
default all four types are enabled.

* Fixed a logic error in the determination of who has current agro that caused WoW to
freeze if any unit in the target chain was targeting itself (yes, an endless loop)

* Added a new slash command '/nui showhits' which turns off the red/green background
highlighting on unit frames when they are taking damage or receiving heals.

Can never have too many bananas.

-Napoleon Dynamage

03-23-09, 05:26 PM   #4
todd3835
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Musta missed those notes, either way it's not documented on the faq, or the in-game /nui help (although I didn't double check that). I got it working for me, but being in the faq might help newbs =]

03-23-09, 06:19 PM   #5
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Originally Posted by todd3835 View Post
Musta missed those notes, either way it's not documented on the faq, or the in-game /nui help (although I didn't double check that). I got it working for me, but being in the faq might help newbs =]
If it works in game, it's in the in-game help.

But it's all good.... there are a LOT of commands there. I do need to update the FAQ with the new commands.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Suggestion Box » Raid Frames too flashy?