10-22-11, 07:28 AM   #41
haylie
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Originally Posted by Lily.Petal View Post
No idea, the No range weapons for melee/casters and no melee weapon for hunters sounds interesting I suppose.
It just makes hunters more of what they were supposed to be from the start, a ranged class. In the past they've been everything from rogue with a pet to mage with a ranged weapon. Now it seems Blizzard has finally decided what they want hunters to be. I just hope pets will play a more important part for all hunters, now that they're doing away with talent specs.

Last edited by haylie : 10-22-11 at 07:34 AM.
10-22-11, 09:03 AM   #42
Moxie
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I think it looks pretty interesting. It'll be nice to have something playful and silly to do in WoW in between raiding or grinding up a character for the Classy X achievements.

"The truth is like sunlight: people used to think it was good for you."
10-22-11, 09:20 AM   #43
Rilgamon
Premium Member

Premium Member
Originally Posted by haylie View Post
New race and class sound kinda meh, but I am excited about the hunter changes. Maybe I'll give this expansion a try.

Anyone know if you can register for beta if your account is frozen?
Sign up for the 12month subscription to get diablo for free, a mount and beta-access. If you're as addicted as I am and will continue the game even in it's current 12yo-style it costs you nothing
10-22-11, 10:00 AM   #44
Lily.Petal
A Molten Giant

I'm loving the new achievement system. Gives me a reason to change mains PLUS I'll be close to the account 'have every class' what ev's achievement. All I need is to finish leveling my warlock and druid, and then roll monk and I am done Might as well get that out of the way. And yes, more things to do between raids will be amazing.
Originally Posted by Decabah View Post
I think it looks pretty interesting. It'll be nice to have something playful and silly to do in WoW in between raiding or grinding up a character for the Classy X achievements.
Haylie has been off WoW for a while :P And if you're an addict like I am, you'd do the 12 month thing AND get the CE edition set for DIII just cause you want the box and all the perks with it.

Have you seen that box? I haven't wanted a CE edition of anything since Witcher II's, which I still have in my bookcase in it's little glass case. Kicking my boyfriend out of the bed and keeping the box on his pillow for a few days. ;D

Originally Posted by Rilgamon View Post
Sign up for the 12month subscription to get diablo for free, a mount and beta-access. If you're as addicted as I am and will continue the game even in it's current 12yo-style it costs you nothing

-----------------------------

Aggro Color to KG Panels Borders - Nibelheim
Lua Based UI Hider - Nibelheim
Custom LUA PowerText - Stuf - Nibelheim, Seerah

Last edited by Lily.Petal : 10-22-11 at 10:05 AM.
10-22-11, 11:31 AM   #45
Nessaja
A Defias Bandit

They COULD change the player-models... i.e fix the feet/hands, and not to mention the HUGE BAMF weapons female humans seems to possess.

How about the dance styles? More hairstyles like the ones in he CE Artbooks. I mean, those Draenei ones made me just drool. And the list just goes on.
10-22-11, 11:42 AM   #46
Lily.Petal
A Molten Giant

The reason I play a Human now is because of that. It's the best part ;D New Hair styles would be nice, REAL nice, but I want them to fix hands/feet and the shoulder skeletons right now. Look at orc or human males when they move their shoulders, same with Blood Elf females. Looks pretty horrible.

Originally Posted by Nessaja View Post
They COULD change the player-models... i.e fix the feet/hands, and not to mention the HUGE BAMF weapons female humans seems to possess.

How about the dance styles? More hairstyles like the ones in he CE Artbooks. I mean, those Draenei ones made me just drool. And the list just goes on.

10-22-11, 11:45 AM   #47
Epiphany17
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
I was so pumped watching the live stream!

I am really excited about the Monk class, Pandarens as well! Though I will need to see the female model first :P

The new talent system looks epic as well :3

I signed up for my annual pass as soon as it was available! The beta got me hooked. I've always wanted to be in one but never have any luck DX

SOPUMPED.
10-22-11, 11:54 AM   #48
Lily.Petal
A Molten Giant

Im watching the raid live stream right meow lol so hilarious. Blood Legion defeated Vodka in a race to kill H Rag. They were screaming so hard xD

Originally Posted by Epiphany17 View Post
I was so pumped watching the live stream!

I am really excited about the Monk class, Pandarens as well! Though I will need to see the female model first :P

The new talent system looks epic as well :3

I signed up for my annual pass as soon as it was available! The beta got me hooked. I've always wanted to be in one but never have any luck DX

SOPUMPED.

10-22-11, 12:00 PM   #49
Epiphany17
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Originally Posted by Lily.Petal View Post
Im watching the raid live stream right meow lol so hilarious. Blood Legion defeated Vodka in a race to kill H Rag. They were screaming so hard xD
Haha yes! That has to be so soul crushing to wipe in the live raid... ugh.
10-22-11, 12:01 PM   #50
Lily.Petal
A Molten Giant

Ya, I didn't see their feed. BL's RL was screaming at them to shut up the entire time. Good day!

Originally Posted by Epiphany17 View Post
Haha yes! That has to be so soul crushing to wipe in the live raid... ugh.

10-22-11, 12:20 PM   #51
Moxie
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Was pretty embarrassing to hear them sling epithets over Vent, but it was interesting to watch it once muted.

10-22-11, 12:46 PM   #52
Lily.Petal
A Molten Giant

Pretty much, reminds me of my old guild back in TBC.

Was pretty embarrassing to hear them sling epithets over Vent, but it was interesting to watch it once muted.
Right now I am watching some of the arena tournament fights. Skill Capped vs Team EG, wish they had more melee classes in some of their teams. Caster Arena seems a little boring a lot.

Last edited by Lily.Petal : 10-22-11 at 12:51 PM.
10-22-11, 02:29 PM   #53
kasca
A Frostmaul Preserver
On the whole iam not impressed. Again only 5 lvls. New race but no new slots. So alot of peaple will have to change realms to try one. Iam not happy with what we got. It all end game and very little for the regular players. New talents,again. =(
10-22-11, 02:34 PM   #54
Lily.Petal
A Molten Giant

They stated that they didn't want to reach level 100 so fast with expansions when Cata came out.

If you watch the live stream or the Q&A posted on MMO champ they stated that they might take off the character limit per realm and just make it that you can only have 50 characters max overall, so you might get to make more than 10.

The talents were changed again because they didn't want cookie cutter builds, but builds you can change on the fly and use for multiple scenarios and won't determine your mass overall DPS. Pretty much why the major talent trees don't have a lot of huge PvE abilities and are Utility abilities, you get the main DPS abilities as you level.

Not trying to be rude, but wanted to make sure you had all the information about what you said and clear things up <3

Originally Posted by kasca View Post
On the whole iam not impressed. Again only 5 lvls. New race but no new slots. So alot of peaple will have to change realms to try one. Iam not happy with what we got. It all end game and very little for the regular players. New talents,again. =(
Btw, watching the costume contest.

Sylvanas Windrunner, Sylvanas Windrunner, A Tree! Sylvanas Windrunner, Scooter the Snail! Sylvanas Windrunner!

I wish I could of gotten a ticket to blizzcon and wore my Vanessa VanCleef outfit QQ Totally was going to get my hair done exactly like her's too.
- - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - -
More than 10 characters per realm?! YES
MY BOW! NOOOOOOOOOO! /cry; I just realized this OMG the time spent farming it /cry/cry/wrist/cry
Also, Called the Ammo Pouch and Quiver. I was like +10 points.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
Q) I have 10 characters, will you add an 11th slot so we can have all 11 classes?

A) Not sure just yet, might keep the current character cap but let you have them on any realm, so you can have many many charaters on one realm

Q) Regarding hunters; you are eliminating the use for melee weapons, are we still going to be able to equip it? Can we also get some mace love?

A) There are not any plans for that now, we are probably not going to let you equip melee. If it makes you feel better, the rogues wont be able to equip the orange legendary bow either. We do want to change hunters so you can see quivers and or ammo pouches, potentially customize them, etc.

Last edited by Lily.Petal : 10-22-11 at 02:55 PM.
10-22-11, 05:24 PM   #55
kasca
A Frostmaul Preserver
ya any realm let see them do that. Again you move away from freinds. Screw the dam 12 year olds. What i read about classes iam looking at other games. Taken melee away from some..so Bliz what do i do whin it smacking me and i cant cast. OH ya die. Again stupid. Whin they going to go ever quest and make the whole dam game group or go home? I for one want to see the Big Zones NOW! not whin i can solo the dam places. There taken all the fun out the game for some new player. We going to get bunch new faction you cant get exalted with? Like i said first on the whole this looks like crap.
10-22-11, 05:28 PM   #56
Lily.Petal
A Molten Giant

Your post doesn't make a lot of sense sorry.

How would you move away from friends? My quote basically says instead of 10 characters per realm with a max of 50 on all servers, they are making it so that you can have all 50 characters on one realm instead.

How are they taking away melee? You mean from Hunters who's only melee ability is Raptor Strike? They are getting rid of the Minimum range from Hunter's so that they can use range abilities when a person is right in their face. Good trade since melee was useless for them anyway.

They are also giving quiver and bullet bag/sacks for Hunters. Which has been wanted ever since Hunters came out with release.

Your post has a lot of things that: a) don't make sense b) hasn't even been spoken of.

Please quote or give a source on some things you are complaining about or try to be a little clear on it :<

ya any realm let see them do that. Again you move away from freinds. Screw the dam 12 year olds. What i read about classes iam looking at other games. Taken melee away from some..so Bliz what do i do whin it smacking me and i cant cast. OH ya die. Again stupid. Whin they going to go ever quest and make the whole dam game group or go home? I for one want to see the Big Zones NOW! not whin i can solo the dam places. There taken all the fun out the game for some new player. We going to get bunch new faction you cant get exalted with? Like i said first on the whole this looks like crap.
Also, for the people playing rogues: Vendetta gives the ability for Vengeful Strike usable 30 yards away while the debuff is active. I'm going to love doing bosses like Atramedes and Casting vendetta with VS then using Deadly Throw ;D it's only a 30 energy to use VS as well.

Last edited by Lily.Petal : 10-22-11 at 05:34 PM.
10-22-11, 07:12 PM   #57
Moxie
A Cobalt Mageweaver

I definitely do like the change to hunters. Wands as main weapons should be interesting as well.

10-22-11, 10:11 PM   #58
kasca
A Frostmaul Preserver
WOW we get our bags BACK..woot. again well be missing a bog for other stuff. The way it read is (to me) there takeing melee away from any class they dont use melee. That mean you stand and die. Hard to understand. Go back to school. I see NOTHING about more on a realm. If you need to change realms to play a new toon you leave your freinds. How can you not understand. Learn to read.
10-22-11, 11:02 PM   #59
Moxie
A Cobalt Mageweaver

The only class that had abilities unusable in melee were hunters. And the minimum range has been taken away from them, meaning they'll be able to defend themselves.

Re:more characters on one realm:

"A) Not sure just yet, might keep the current character cap but let you have them on any realm, so you can have many many charaters on one realm" -- you can have all 50 characters on one realm, if you desire. There you go.

I fail to see what's hard to understand about that or why it's necessary to be so completely rude about it. This latest expansion announcement seems to have brought the mean out in a lot of people.

Last edited by Moxie : 10-22-11 at 11:05 PM.
10-22-11, 11:59 PM   #60
Lily.Petal
A Molten Giant

I love the change, it's been needed for a while. They just need to balance the damage of hunters so it doesn't seem like a huge problem for everyone else. Wands as a MH.. not sohappy about. I liked the current weapons of staff, dagger, sword. I saw if Spell Casters get wand as a MH combat rogues should get Fast OH weapons again that are not daggers
:<

I definitely do like the change to hunters. Wands as main weapons should be interesting as well.
You're either clearly trolling or can't read any of the Q&A sections. Go back to school? I'm not the one with the broken to Hell English. ^^

I posted a DIRECT quote they said about their stance on how many characters they want per server/realm, do I need to link the direct link for the quote? If so I have no problem doing so.

Link. It's like 6th Question down.

We are the WoWI community, we are not mean to each other. I don't need you insulting me while I am clearly having trouble understanding your hard to read/comprehend English, and being told I am wrong on a subject that I already proved wrong to you.

I have no problem with people who do not like the new expansion, this is a discussion thread after all and ALL OF THIS is based on OPINIONS. But not when that opinion is based off completely wrong facts and I am just trying to show you that the facts you believe to be true are not.

I'm not talking about the subject anymore, either get rid of the attitude and come back or just leave because this thread will close for off topic discussion and/or for trolling otherwise. <3

WOW we get our bags BACK..woot. again well be missing a bog for other stuff. The way it read is (to me) there takeing melee away from any class they dont use melee. That mean you stand and die. Hard to understand. Go back to school. I see NOTHING about more on a realm. If you need to change realms to play a new toon you leave your freinds. How can you not understand. Learn to read.
Decabah, you said pretty much the same thing I did ;D I hope it gets across to him.

The only class that had abilities unusable in melee were hunters. And the minimum range has been taken away from them, meaning they'll be able to defend themselves.

Re:more characters on one realm:

"A) Not sure just yet, might keep the current character cap but let you have them on any realm, so you can have many many charaters on one realm" -- you can have all 50 characters on one realm, if you desire. There you go.

I fail to see what's hard to understand about that or why it's necessary to be so completely rude about it. This latest expansion announcement seems to have brought the mean out in a lot of people.
Monk Ability Video

I couldn't help smiling at the video, I'm going draenei so I can't wait to see the AoE ability and kicking attacks with their hooves XDDDD

Last edited by Lily.Petal : 10-23-11 at 12:15 AM.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » General WoW Chat » So, Next Expansion Enthusiasm?