10-29-12, 07:13 PM   #1
shamby
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Major FPS loss during combat while Carb is enabled.

I have not seen my issue addressed. Many thanks to Rythal. Your work is greatly appreciated.
I am seeing fairly unplayable framerates (below 10) when engaged in combat while Carbonite is enabled. I have done everything I know to do regarding Carbonite-i.e.- deleting all files, reinstall, turn off all addons...etc. The FPS loss occurs when Carbonite is the lone addon enabled. When all addons are enabled but Carbonite - normal FPS loss occurs. There is no FPS issue when not in combat.
I would appreciate any insight as I have done pretty much everything I have learned throughout the years to 'fix' non-behaving addons. I will add that I am running Zorin 6 OS -64bit (Linux) and play no other games but WoW. Thanks.

Last edited by shamby : 10-29-12 at 08:35 PM. Reason: remove information

10-30-12, 09:28 AM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Have you tried going to your "Path to your WoW folder\WTF\Account\ACCOUNT NAME\SavedVariables\" folder, and deleting/renaming the "Carbonite.lua" and "Carbonite.lua.bak" files? It is quite possible that they might have become corrupted, and that is the only way to "fix" them. Deleting and reinstalling the Carbonite folders in your "\Interface\AddOns" folder won't stop your problem if those files are corrupted.

Please be aware that doing this will completely reset Carbonite back to default settings for all of your characters. This is because those two files hold all of Carbonites set up information for all of your characters.

One other thing: If you use Blizzards "Zone (sometimes referred to as the Battleground) map", which is accessed by pressing "shift + M" and appears in the lower right corner of your screen by default, you might want to try closing it. There has been a long standing problem between Carbonite and that map, depending on the addons in use and various other factors. It does not happen for everyone, but it does occasionally happen.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

10-30-12, 06:12 PM   #3
shamby
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Hey, Jeffy. Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, I do remove the files that you suggest and reset Carb.'s settings. Since Cartographer 3 and of course Carbonite, I rarely use Blizz's maps. Thank you, now I'll know that may cause an issue.
Everyone that I know using Carb. doesn't seem to have the fps loss to the extent of mine. I was hoping that others would report similar issues and someone would know why. Most recent attempts left me with an fps of 11 while in combat. I've been spending most of the time at AH and prof dailys until I figured it out. I guess I'll have to save the Pandas devoid of Carbonite until then. Woe is me! Thanks, again.

10-30-12, 06:56 PM   #4
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
generally if there is an fps loss it's because a script is generating errors silently, do you have display lua errors turned on or off.

10-30-12, 09:12 PM   #5
shamby
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Hey, Rythal. Usually it would be disabled but it's currently enabled.

10-31-12, 12:59 PM   #6
fireattack
A Murloc Raider
I got a similiar problem.

Easy to reproduce:

If I /reload in combat, then i would be in fps =5.x until the combat finished.

10-31-12, 01:07 PM   #7
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by fireattack View Post
I got a similiar problem.

Easy to reproduce:

If I /reload in combat, then i would be in fps =5.x until the combat finished.
That is 99.99% an issue of 'script ran too long' error and it will show if you have show lua errors ticked in Game Options -> Help or a bug catching addon installed.

Since WoW 5.x the game imposes a time limit on scripts executing in combat, we don't know exactly what the limit is but only way to avoid it is to defer execution of scripts that might involve nested loops or parsing large tables etc to out of combat.

11-02-12, 06:10 AM   #8
shamby
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
That is 99.99% an issue of 'script ran too long' error and it will show if you have show lua errors ticked in Game Options -> Help or a bug catching addon installed.

Since WoW 5.x the game imposes a time limit on scripts executing in combat, we don't know exactly what the limit is but only way to avoid it is to defer execution of scripts that might involve nested loops or parsing large tables etc to out of combat.

Anyone know how this is done?

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Major FPS loss during combat while Carb is enabled.