09-18-10, 02:38 PM   #1
HittingSmoke
A Kobold Labourer
Carbonite showing duplicate warehouse info after name change

I recently moved a character to another server and did a name change. Since then when I hover over an item that I had before the name change, Carbonite shows the number I had under the old name plus the current number I have under the new name.

i.e. I had 300 Mageweave on the character before the name change. Since the transfer I've acquired about 100 more. Under the "Warehouse" number it lists around 700 when in fact I only have about 400 total on my account.

It list as

Warehouse: 700
Oldname: 300
Newname: 400

I've checked in the Carbonite folder for some sort of record I could edit myself but I couldn't find anything.

How can I clear the info from the old character?

09-18-10, 02:55 PM   #2
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Go into the Warehouse, find the "old" character, right click its name, and choose to "Delete character or guild".

09-22-10, 11:57 AM   #3
Bromontana
A Kobold Labourer
No, that's not the case. There is no character to click on to delete. I'm having the same problem. If I mouse over a given item it gives me the totals for all of my toons that have said item. That's fine and dandy. My issue lies with the toon it is still showing that was faction changed as well as transferred (therefore inflating totals). I believe the OP is experiencing that same issue from what I gather. Again, I want to point out there is no character to right click on, it only shows up in the tool tip and it is very annoying. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, wonderful add-on otherwise.

edit:

I think I found the problem. And it's not Carbonite. I also use the popular add-on ark-inventory. Open a bag (guild, bank, personal etc.) there is an icon in the upper right hand corner that says "switch character." Once I clicked it, it allowed me to erase data from whichever toon I needed to. Upon relog it appeared that the situation was resolved. If you are using ark-inventory, this is the solution. Hope this helps.

Last edited by Bromontana : 09-22-10 at 12:26 PM.

09-22-10, 12:19 PM   #4
Jigain
A Molten Giant

In that case, go to World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\<ACCNTNAME>\SavedVariables and open Carbonite.lua.

Use the "find" feature of your text editor (I simply use Notepad or Wordpad) to find name of that character that was moved or deleted. The line you're looking for should show something like this:

["Earthen Ring.Jigain"] = {

Simply delete this line and everything following it, up to the next character listed.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Carbonite showing duplicate warehouse info after name change