06-01-09, 08:49 AM   #1
havoxx
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Wanted an opinion

Hey again peeps, I wanted an opinion from you all, I'm making a thin skin, and I wanted to add a little bit of a texture to it, since I see they are all boxy and square. The problem is, I think it looks great, but the chat box, and info panel have a slight piece of them popping out, it's not a huge deal, but I wanted to know what you all thought.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_060109_104716.jpg
Views:	680
Size:	299.5 KB
ID:	2768  

06-01-09, 10:02 AM   #2
spiel2001
nUI's Author

I generally like the shape and texture, but the chat and info frame corners sticking out like they do makes my CDO itch. ~lol~

Suggestion... make the action bars be the ones that overlap and it probably wouldn't feel so out of place... especially if you make a shape/bevel in the texture that matched up to the little bit of action bar that overlaps it... kind of like "holders" or "rivets" or something to that effect that makes it look like that corner of the action bar is anchored into the console... something to that effect. (just thinking out loud)

Anyway... I like the concept.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

06-01-09, 10:23 AM   #3
havoxx
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
I generally like the shape and texture, but the chat and info frame corners sticking out like they do makes my CDO itch. ~lol~

Suggestion... make the action bars be the ones that overlap and it probably wouldn't feel so out of place... especially if you make a shape/bevel in the texture that matched up to the little bit of action bar that overlaps it... kind of like "holders" or "rivets" or something to that effect that makes it look like that corner of the action bar is anchored into the console... something to that effect. (just thinking out loud)

Anyway... I like the concept.

Yea, I was talking to a buddy, and I was actually thinking of making a "floating" sort of bar holder in the middle, something held up by a set of pipes, or bars, I drew it out, and it seems like it could work, so long as I get the transparency exact, so that will be the next picture I upload .

Might take a little bit though, I'm fishing .

06-01-09, 08:19 PM   #4
havoxx
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Oh man, I'm sooooooooooooooooooooo happy on how this came out, you have no idea!

Check it out now and no, you aren't dreaming, the top console fits in the bottom .

I have to do a little bit of cleaning up to remove the red stains from flattening the image, but after that, it should be good to go.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	WoWScrnShot_060109_221655.jpg
Views:	638
Size:	403.5 KB
ID:	2772  

06-01-09, 08:33 PM   #5
Apraxia
Clippy Crit Chicken

Premium Member
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by havoxx View Post
Oh man, I'm sooooooooooooooooooooo happy on how this came out, you have no idea!

Check it out now and no, you aren't dreaming, the top console fits in the bottom .

I have to do a little bit of cleaning up to remove the red stains from flattening the image, but after that, it should be good to go.

lovinnnn this one. Nice arrangement, made me think of nUI in different ways

06-01-09, 08:46 PM   #6
spiel2001
nUI's Author

This just tickles me to death... it's the first time someone has gone in and started moving nUI's elements around and presenting them in new ways.... thank you for doing this.

I can't wait until I finish the layout engine and get to see people start to get seriously creative with nUI.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

06-01-09, 08:56 PM   #7
havoxx
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
This just tickles me to death... it's the first time someone has gone in and started moving nUI's elements around and presenting them in new ways.... thank you for doing this.

I can't wait until I finish the layout engine and get to see people start to get seriously creative with nUI.
Yea , here is the final version, will upload it in a few, friend is testing in 1680x1050, make sure it works properly

Here we go, I'm so happy , It's finished and up . http://www.wowinterface.com/download...UI_Carbon.html
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	WoWScrnShot_060109_225314.jpg
Views:	622
Size:	346.7 KB
ID:	2773  

Last edited by havoxx : 06-01-09 at 09:19 PM.

06-01-09, 11:53 PM   #8
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
It looks very nice and I will be downloading it myself to try out tomorrow.

And yes Scott, I am sure I will be dabbling with layouts once the engine is complete

06-02-09, 12:25 AM   #9
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Yep, just tried it out on my lil bank toon and used the movers option to rearrange some things and it looks like the floating bar works well as my main action bar holder as I have that one enlarged and can have the special bar above it on the left and the control panel on the right. May need to tweak the latency and fps display to even further fit that block into the right hand side of the bar where I have a little gap.

06-02-09, 01:33 AM   #10
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

My MAN! I never use this word, but that is just AWESOME! I am completely impressed, and more than a little jealous because I'm nowhere near as creative as you.

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn

06-02-09, 07:48 AM   #11
havoxx
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by voodoodad View Post
My MAN! I never use this word, but that is just AWESOME! I am completely impressed, and more than a little jealous because I'm nowhere near as creative as you.
Heh, I appreciate all the comments, as I said in my addon page though, it was only because I flat-out love nUI, I'll be making a non-chained version for people that don't like them . Enjoy, and if you want it with a certain color, I'd be glad to remake it, the files are done, so it's just a matter of colorization .

I may upload a pack with a bunch of different colors, I haven't decided.

06-02-09, 11:18 AM   #12
Depresjon
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

It looks awesome dude.
Today at work was thinking bout somethings,but didnt know for sure if it was possible to move the stuff.
great work dude.

06-02-09, 11:26 AM   #13
havoxx
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Can't get ingame to test them, but here are the pictures of the latest ones, that one with the biohazard, it's a final project I did in school, I may use that kind of background on a new skin. The tribal one, it's possible will not be here in wowi, I made it more for myself, so unless a lot of people want it, it's not going to be posted .
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Non-Tribal.PNG
Views:	615
Size:	182.9 KB
ID:	2778  Click image for larger version

Name:	Tribal.PNG
Views:	624
Size:	212.7 KB
ID:	2779  Click image for larger version

Name:	Final4.jpg
Views:	626
Size:	1,006.3 KB
ID:	2780  

06-02-09, 11:38 AM   #14
Depresjon
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

the tribal one is uber.Really nice.

06-02-09, 03:47 PM   #15
EIASicko
A Murloc Raider
Nice oscar im liking the tribal one, i wanna see how that bio hazard one u made for school will look when ur done with it.
PS when u gonna make me mines lol.

06-02-09, 06:44 PM   #16
neuralassassin
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Damn very nice finally we get some creativity and some options and I know id like the tribal less you'd rather not upload it that's understandable

06-02-09, 07:06 PM   #17
havoxx
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by neuralassassin View Post
Damn very nice finally we get some creativity and some options and I know id like the tribal less you'd rather not upload it that's understandable
Yea, I may upload it, but I need to mess with the colors a bit more, the blue makes it look like a jean.

06-03-09, 02:53 AM   #18
Rhuarc
A Murloc Raider

the Carbon serie is great as it hit the spot for me, specialy the one with the chains

and havoxx, get real man.. those tribals are fantastic... please upload them or at least share with me... PLZ

06-03-09, 07:59 AM   #19
havoxx
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by Rhuarc View Post
the Carbon serie is great as it hit the spot for me, specialy the one with the chains

and havoxx, get real man.. those tribals are fantastic... please upload them or at least share with me... PLZ
I will hopefully upload it today, but I wanted to finish the HUD design as well, have the entire tribal theme going.

06-03-09, 09:33 AM   #20
havoxx
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Here is the new Tribal skin, the HUD is still being worked on, it looks fine, but the black is still too thick and it covers the bars in certain places.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	WoWScrnShot_060309_112818.jpg
Views:	616
Size:	257.8 KB
ID:	2797  

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Customization » nUI: Customizing Layouts » Wanted an opinion