07-26-16, 08:00 PM   #1
Fyarsing
A Kobold Labourer
[Request] Weights for Groups

Preface: I've been trying to get AskMrRobot's RoboCouncil to function consistently since it released. It rarely does. If it isn't characters failing to update, it's items failing to import/export -- importing/exporting being a cumbersome process in and of itself, seeing as it requires the user to alt/tab repeatedly.

Thus, a few days ago, I began searching for an addon that might replicate RoboCouncil entirely in-game.

As far as I can tell, there aren't any addons that do all of this at one time. I believe Master Loot by Cargier was extremely close to achieving the desired results, but it didn't allow for changing the stat weights which is a huge selling point for raiders. If that addon could be either revitalized or completely remade, with functionality that allows it to use information provided by an addon like Stat Weight Score by Necroskillz, it would quite literally be a god-send for virtually all raid types and sizes that currently use "lesser evil" loot methods like DKP, EPGP or Loot Council.

Especially if it were possible to allow for changes to addon UI depending upon the method of loot being utilized at the time the item drops. If it is "Master Loot", there should be an option to "Assign Loot" to whichever player deemed appropriate that is only usable by the Master Looter. When the Master Looter assigns the loot to a player it will be announced via chat, along with details about the size of the power increase.

If it is "Need before Greed", there should be an option to "Need" or "Greed" beside each eligible player that is only clickable by said player. This choice will, however, be visible to all people with the addon.

If it is either "Personal" or "Free-for-All", there should be no options at all, simply information.

Note: This is what Master Loot by Cargier looked like, before it became outdated and non-functioning:

It seems to me like the difficult bit of this whole thing is interfacing with an addon like Stat Weight Score. Is donating gold to the person who creates this a form of bribery? :P

Last edited by Fyarsing : 07-26-16 at 08:14 PM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » [Request] Weights for Groups