06-28-05, 07:49 PM   #1
Drazzilb
A Murloc Raider
Another Diiverr and Flexbar question.. Please help..

ok i'm following the instructions that diiverr had laid out to do some effects that he has on is UI. however i'm not getting it to work it keeps giving me the big red error saying [String "VBar1_Slot2:Show()"]:1: attempt to index global 'Vbar1_Slot2' (a nil value)
is there something i'm not setting up
the instructions he laid out are

Q u o t e:

The top 3 #&%&ons on it are grouped in a flexgroup, #&%&ons 34-36, anchor is 34. The "trigger" is the pally looking

hammer below that, and over the backpack. that's #&%&on 33.

What you need is flex event triggers to execute what you want. The #&%&ons are easy.

/flexbar show group=34 on="MouseEnterGroup" target=33
/flexbar hide group=34 on='Right#&%&onClick" target=33

Now the #&%&ons themselves hide when you right click #&%&on 33, and appear when you mouse over it. (#&%&on 33 is a

weaponswap macro for me, so left clicking swaps weapons, a left right click will swap weapons, and close the food menu

that just opened.)

Getting the diivskin backgrounds to behave the same way is almost as easy.

What I did there was use Vbar1 (Vertical Tray 1) for that menu. (hint: look at your MAPredefined Frames.lua for all these

frame names)

MoveAnything's hiding appears to like to take precedence, so I made Vbar1 a 4 slot tray by clicking "hide" where the

MoveAnything GUI told me to, which was actually hiding "Vbar1_slot5". Then, I made flexbar do the rest (*NOTE: for some

reason, I couldn't type the framenames into the chat entry or the events editor. I suspect it didn't like the underscores

for some reason. That said, copying frame names from my editor out of game and pasting them into entry fields ingame

seemed to work fine. Once pasted, they could be copied and pasted ingame fine as well as edited, as long as I didn't

fiddle with the underscores.)

/flexbar runscript on="MouseEnter#&%&on" target=33 script='Vbar1_slot2:Show()'
/flexbar runscript on="Right#&%&onClick" target=33 script='Vbar1_slot2:Hide()'

What that does is basically the same as if you clicked and unclicked to make it a 1 slot tray in the MoveAnything GUI.

But, we arent quite done yet.

/flexbar runscript script='Vbar1_slot2:Hide()' on='profileloaded'
/flexbar hide group=34 on='profileloaded'

here is what i have

Q u o t e:

show group=34 on='mouseenter#&%&on' target=33
hide group=34 on='Right#&%&onClick' target=33
runscript on='mouseenter#&%&on' target=33 script='Vbar1_slot2:Show()'
runscript on='Right#&%&onClick' target=33 script='Vbar1_slot2:Hide()'
runscript script='Vbar1_slot2:Hide()' on='profileloaded'
hide group=34 on='profileloaded'

is there a difference, is there something i'm not setting up in the b4 hand, also where is he getting the nubmers for "slot2", i undestand Vbar1 thats in the do$&!ent that he had set up for Moveanything!...
PLEASE help this is consuming me

a couple of other questions.. some can only be answered by diiverr, i posted a replly to one of his threads, but if anybody can answer some of these questions i'd appriciate it

1. in this image you made http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...1foodtrays.jpg
the dragon on its back on the right.. is that something you came up with or is it in the package that you released? if not then is there a plan to release some of those images, (personaly i think that looks badass. i know the dragon on the right is some what in there but up right instead of on its side. if all you did is rotate it 90degrees, how did you accomplish this? i've been looking over some of the LUA and XML code that you have. some of the variables that you have set out i cant quite figure out what they do and what numbers they store, But then again i'm not very good at programing but i'm trying to learn as much as i can.
2. in this image. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5.../0531clean.jpg
you have some images like the endcaps next to the griphons, they dont look like they are apart of the package that you released. are they? if they are how can i get them in there, or am i just looking at everything that you have set up there wrong? also i knwo the "Latency" bar is apart of your package in diivskins_MA02.blp how do you single that image out? not accustom to doing this?
3. on the Titan panel your using a different skin on that one, and on each of those iamges? how did you edit that? i've poured over all the titan xml do$&!ents and not seeing where it draws from the tga file?
4. last one.. my UI scale is set to 0.71, is there a do$&!ent that i can change all the trays to fit a certain size with say MoveAnything!? right now i'm doing everything by eye, but i really dont like doing that. i prefer numbers, i dont want to set my UI scale to 1.0, it looks way to freaken big. it doesnt look like your scale is set to 1 either. am i right or wrong? what padding should i use for my Flexbar, and what size should i set the frame to in Move anything? say for a 1x2 horizontal tray, and a 1x2 group for Flexbar.
Problem was fixed in the latest release that i had not yet downloaded.. thanks

!!Any help will be greatly appriciated!!

also, after thought, What function or command in flexbar would you need to use say to click or right click on one of the griphons to have it open, hide or move bars/trays.

Last edited by Drazzilb : 06-28-05 at 08:48 PM.
06-29-05, 02:29 PM   #2
diiverr
A Theradrim Guardian
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Wowser, you found some fairly old instructions there Drazib, I'm sorry. I think much of your post was garbled a bit, maybe when it was moved?

At any rate, I'm in a bit of a rush right now, but the main problems you are running into are that you are referencing texture names from an older (obsolete) version of DiivSkins. There are no more "slot_X" names to fiddle with.

Shortest hint I can give you right now, is to look at the MAPredefined frames lua. That should give you a clue as to what the new frame's names are. Then, to accomplish what you are after, you will need to use 2 seperate trays for a show hide effect. Basically, show hbar1 and hide hbar2 on mouseenter; where hbar1 would be your small tray, and hbar2 would be your expanded tray. You'll have to manually place them on screen lined up just right, and then simulate the expansion with 2 seperate bars.

I hope that made sense, I'm in a bit of a rush right now, but I will try to post a more detailed tutorial regarding this soon. (I must confess, I actually haven't even had a chance to fiddle with the flexscripting on the latest version, so I'm kinda swatting at flies in the dark here.)
06-30-05, 06:41 AM   #3
diiverr
A Theradrim Guardian
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Drazzilb.

OK, it took me a while to decypher that the bulk of your post is actually an old quote of me lol. Might just be my browser, but much of that is largely illegible on my end.

Anywho, take the advice above, but sub in "DiivSkins_hbar1, DiivSkins_vbar1, DiivSkins_endcap1, or DiivSkins_miscbit1" (or bar2, or bit3, etc.) for your flexscripts to show and hide elements, and you should be back on track. One note, on my machine, I did have to copy and paste the underscores into my chat entry. For whatever reason, they didn't appear to register if I typed them in manually. Again, I haven't had a chance to directly fool with this in game myself with the latest edition of DiivSkins, so if you have other questions regarding that, please let me know.

To answer your other questions:

1.The dragon image you see is not included in the DiivSkins. It's a portion of a minimap I mocked up that isn't functioning correctly just yet, and as such, will not be released. Possibly sometime around blizzard content patch 1.6, but no sooner, sorry.

2. I'm sorry, I'm not sure what you are asking? Everything on that screenshot below should, more or less, be duplicatable using the latest release edition of diivskins. (excepting the map dragon of course)

3.To edit the titan panel skin, just edit the images for the "TitanPanelBackgroundTop" and "TitanPanelBackgroundBottom" images in the artwork directory of the primary Titan panel addon. That's a personal alteration to the Tital Panel, not a feature or modification made by Diivskins. You shouldn't need to touch any code anywhere to do this, I didn't.

Hope that helps.
06-30-05, 08:20 AM   #4
Drazzilb
A Murloc Raider
Thanks Diiverr you've been great help. yeah i did realize that i had found old instructions and what objects to use to run the script and make them hide and show. i've also replyed to your message in the WoW forum, i think i've figured most of the stuff out on my own. i feel my last question is with toggling an object, however i think i'm getting it.. i can usualy figure most of the stuff out on my own as long as i have enough time to fiddle with it..
but only thing is that if you EVER get enough time would be to have just have some more objects to play with maby that skin on your mini map (i know it doesnt work the way you want it and wouldnt give it to your best bud, however it is damn cool and i dont have any artistic talents to create something of that nature) all in all the program is wicked. just keep up the good work and this will be something i think any WoW UI mod-der should have IMO.

Thanks.

-Drazzilb

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Another Diiverr and Flexbar question.. Please help..