10-21-05, 07:22 AM   #1
Asmati
A Murloc Raider
Requeust: Render from project pane

It would be a really nice feature if you could render frames from the project explorer for XML files that were created outside of the UI designer. Possibly a right-mouse menu that gave you a list of objects that are renderable in that XML file or possibly another dockable panel that shows renderable objects which can then be rendered with a toolbar button or a right-mouse menu option.

I've only played around with the app for a day or two now, but it seems that while it's fantastic, the UI designer won't let you do everything you may want to do, so you're not going to be able to use it in all instances. So for those instances where it won't work and where you have to write the XML by hand, it would be nice to still use the project explorer and be able to easily render without switching over to the file list and having to look at all the other addons as well.
10-21-05, 03:24 PM   #2
Nulkris
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Yeah, good idea. What I think I will do is put a frame list underneath the project files in the project explorer. That way you can click on them to update the renderer without reloading and using the file list. The frame list would update on a file save.
10-24-05, 11:00 PM   #3
Nulkris
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Try the new .8 release to test this out.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Requeust: Render from project pane