05-29-14, 02:19 PM   #1
Malsomnus
A Cobalt Mageweaver
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Addon skins

In a nutshell, I've decided to add skins to one of my add-ons, and wanted to ask - does anybody got any tips for how to design the code in a way that would make it easy to apply skins?
To be clear, by "skins" I don't mean replacing textures, but completely redesigning the GUI around the same core functionality.

[Edit]
To clarify, I mean one of MY add-ons, as in, written by me, to which I wish to add the general option of applying skins.
And by skins I mean actual original art made specifically as a skin for this specific add-on, and not a slight alteration to the color of a frame's border.

Remember, every time you post a comment on an add-on, a kitten gets its wings!

Last edited by Malsomnus : 05-29-14 at 02:50 PM.
05-29-14, 02:23 PM   #2
10leej
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I just use the CreateBeautyBorder() function !Beautycase makes with a backdrop function I made myself. Then I use those two functions to skin all my addons.

I imagine thats the optimal way rather than editing the addon itself to skin it as thats the path I've seen all the Aurora skins take.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Addon skins