07-31-08, 10:11 PM   #1
Kryptix
A Kobold Labourer
Could really use some help

Okay, I have tried EVERYTHING to get addons to work for WoW but have not yet succeeded. I have followed many mod setup guides and everything but nothing has worked. I would die to get my addons working, so it'd be awesome if someone could try to help me out or walk me thru. Here's what I've done step by step... Go to curse.com, search for QuestHelper, click download, select mirror automatically, then I save it to my WoW/Interface/Addons folder, then click open and it downloads. Then the WinZip wizard comes up and I unzip it to my WoW/Interface/Addons folder. So in my WoW/Interface/Addons/Folder is QuestHelper. I log into my account and on the character selection screen there is no Addons button. I would DIE for some help right so if anyone finds anything that I'm missing or doing wrong please tell me. Thanks
07-31-08, 10:17 PM   #2
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hi there

http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=14762

You didn't mention what OS you have, so tossing this in

http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=14650
08-01-08, 02:03 AM   #3
srcwiz
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Same thing happens to my friend last week.

After an hour of troubleshooting, we discovered that he
got two installation of World of Warcraft on his PC ( beats me as to the reason why he did that )

and, of course, he had to play the copy which did not have the addon installed at.

Might not be the reason why the OP did not have questhelper working.

But that is what happen to my friend.
08-01-08, 10:02 AM   #4
Drshow
A Cyclonian

first look inside the questhelper folder and make sure there isnt another folder inside IE... Addons/Questhelper/Questhelper/ if this is the case it will not register right.

Next... Move your Interface / Cache / WTF to your desktop (will serve as backup copies) and log in the game, WOW will recreate the folders, log out and exit - add questhelper again. Start game, check for addon button.

Originally Posted by Kryptix View Post
Okay, I have tried EVERYTHING to get addons to work for WoW but have not yet succeeded. I have followed many mod setup guides and everything but nothing has worked. I would die to get my addons working, so it'd be awesome if someone could try to help me out or walk me thru. Here's what I've done step by step... Go to curse.com, search for QuestHelper, click download, select mirror automatically, then I save it to my WoW/Interface/Addons folder, then click open and it downloads. Then the WinZip wizard comes up and I unzip it to my WoW/Interface/Addons folder. So in my WoW/Interface/Addons/Folder is QuestHelper. I log into my account and on the character selection screen there is no Addons button. I would DIE for some help right so if anyone finds anything that I'm missing or doing wrong please tell me. Thanks
08-01-08, 03:44 PM   #5
Sepioth
A Molten Giant
Here is a simple way ...

Download the Questhelper zip and save it to your Desktop (not your addons folder).

Open the Questhelper.zip with winzip.

Open your WoW/Interface/Addons folder.

DRAG the Questhelper folder from the Zip over to your WoW addon dir.

Now there should be a folder labeled Questhelper.

Delete the Questhelper.zip from the desktop ... or if you prefer you can keep it ...

NOTE : I would suggest deleting everything in the addon folder first ... even the Blizz ones as they will be recreated once WoW runs again .. this way you have a clean addon directory to start with.

Hope this helps.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Could really use some help