09-08-12, 10:29 PM   #1
GiftedSailor
A Murloc Raider

Is Carbonite working?

I haven't been able to get carbonite to work since the last patch. Am I doing something wrong? Is carbonite working for anyone?

09-08-12, 10:47 PM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Visit the Carbonite forums.

To answer your question, though, yes. Carbonite is currently in working condition with WoW 5.0.4, but ONLY if you update it with a patch that a fan has posted in Carbonites "General" forum. Please see This Post to find out how to update Carbonite. Please be aware that it still has a couple of bugs, but it functions fairly well. Rythal, the fan that writes the current patch, is working on it as hard as he can.

Please note that if you currently have Carbonite 4.301 installed, all you have to do is download and install the patch. The link for the patch is in the post.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

09-11-12, 04:22 PM   #3
Destori
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
Visit the Carbonite forums.

To answer your question, though, yes. Carbonite is currently in working condition with WoW 5.0.4, but ONLY if you update it with a patch that a fan has posted in Carbonites "General" forum. Please see This Post to find out how to update Carbonite. Please be aware that it still has a couple of bugs, but it functions fairly well. Rythal, the fan that writes the current patch, is working on it as hard as he can.

Please note that if you currently have Carbonite 4.301 installed, all you have to do is download and install the patch. The link for the patch is in the post.
So either all the threads reguarding the fan update and complaints about the author have been removed or moved, and the Thank you Rythal thread as well. Can you please point me to these threads?

Thank you!

Please disregard. I found them... For some reason they weren't showing up when I first went into General Discussion. Thanks!

09-11-12, 06:30 PM   #4
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
It really doesn't matter. One of the original devs posted an updated (5.0.4 ready) version to the WoWI Carbonite download page. Rythal pulled his patch site down so you can't update 4.301 anymore.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

09-11-12, 07:57 PM   #5
DJ Particle
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
It really doesn't matter. One of the original devs posted an updated (5.0.4 ready) version to the WoWI Carbonite download page. Rythal pulled his patch site down so you can't update 4.301 anymore.
Rythal's update works with 5.041 as well...

09-20-12, 01:08 AM   #6
GiftedSailor
A Murloc Raider

It's working!

Thank you everyone who answered my question. I have downloaded 5.041 and it's working beautifully!!!

09-23-12, 12:36 PM   #7
Kreelor
A Firelord

Originally Posted by GiftedSailor View Post
Thank you everyone who answered my question. I have downloaded 5.041 and it's working beautifully!!!
Yes, you downloaded 5.401, but did you use the latest developer's version (by itself) and use it, or did you additionally employ Rythal's update to it

Just curious, since you didn't explain precisely what you did, to find "and it's working beautifully!!!

EDITED 11:49AM: I had to edit this post to say that I compliment you, and congratulate you, on having a Golden Retriever. Golden Retrievers are "the best of all breeds; they have no bad qualities - only good ones. They were bred specifically to "love Human Beings" (and, of course to be excellent hunters and companions, indoors or outdoors).

I've been blessed with two of them; I loved them dearly. My last "Goldie" lived to 15. She was the best dog and friend I've ever known.

Last edited by Kreelor : 09-23-12 at 12:50 PM. Reason: Complimenting on his choice of breed!

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Is Carbonite working?