12-06-09, 06:33 PM   #1
Dameris
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Lost aggressive stance on my shaman's pet bar...Blizz blames UI

So...yeah...I misclicked and accidentally grabbed my aggressive stance on my pet bar for my wolves on my shaman and it's gone. I opened a ticket after trying the usual deleting the WTF, Cache and Interface folders...and after searching around for places I might be able to add it back again...tried asking other shamans...finally got a GM on the line today who suggested it might be in my UI. I told them I had already done the whole WTF thing, they logged onto my shaman and tried to fix it and determined they couldnt fix it and would have to have a higher lvl tech look at it. This afternoon I got an email from blizz and my ticket was suddenly closed and the instructions in the email were.......You guessed it, "Please delete your WTF, cache and Interface folders and see if that resolves your problem. If it doesnt please open a new ticket" The reason I'm opening this post is because the GM I spoke with said that action bar isnt supposed to be able to have unlocking buttons on it at all and that it must be a function of my UI that enabled me to grab it in the first place. My post is two-fold...A. anyone know how the heck I can get that button back? B. any validity to what the GM said? And if so, is that something that should be looked into on Scott's end to see if he can perma lock those buttons down so this cant happen again? I know, I can lock my buttons down but I usually dont because I end up moving things around and it's a pain in the butt if I have to lock and unlock it all the time. Not saying I'm opposed to doing that, just wondering if that's something you would be interested to know about Scott in case it's something that can be locked down in nui too.

12-06-09, 08:58 PM   #2
Dameris
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
K so it turns out that the button wasnt actually missing it was just moved around. Dont know why I didnt see that or the GM that worked on the ticket but w/e. They are suggesting that my UI may have somehow changed something server side to make those buttons be able to be moved around. He is going to check into how to lock them down permanently again because he said they are not supposed to be able to be unlocked. So, probably nothing that can be done with nUI to fix it either. I dont think my UI would have made a server side change. That seems a bit far fetched to me.

12-06-09, 09:41 PM   #3
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Glad you got it fixed .. woah, I am sure I posted a reply for this earlier ... but yeah hopefully blizz will find out what is needed for addons to not be able to do that.

As far as I was aware nUI simply shows all the bars and positions them. I thought everything else fell into Blizzards control. That said I have never come across this problem on my shaman, warlock or newbie hunter when I last played wow.

12-07-09, 02:02 AM   #4
Seer
A Molten Giant
AFAIK, you can move/delete icons on the pet bar like any normal spell. At least for hunters and locks, never had a shaman high enough for the wolves tho.

12-07-09, 07:07 AM   #5
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Seer View Post
AFAIK, you can move/delete icons on the pet bar like any normal spell. At least for hunters and locks, never had a shaman high enough for the wolves tho.
That's true, but the 3 buttons you cannot move/remove are the stance buttons. Or at least you shouldn't be able to by default.

12-07-09, 07:24 AM   #6
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Dameris View Post
it's a pain in the butt if I have to lock and unlock it all the time.
You don't have to unlock the actiobars to move the spells. All you have to do (when they are locked) is hold down the Shift key and move them like normal.

12-07-09, 08:00 AM   #7
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
I guess I was extremely lucky as I always had the buttons unlocked and frequently moved spells on my action bars without meaning to but never from stance or pet bars somehow. Perhpas because I hardly used the buttons so less chance of it happening I guess.

12-07-09, 10:08 AM   #8
Seer
A Molten Giant
Originally Posted by Vis View Post
That's true, but the 3 buttons you cannot move/remove are the stance buttons. Or at least you shouldn't be able to by default.
Hm.. I'm pretty sure I can/could do that without problem.. I'll try to remember trying out if I still can.

12-07-09, 01:11 PM   #9
Dameris
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Petrah View Post
You don't have to unlock the actiobars to move the spells. All you have to do (when they are locked) is hold down the Shift key and move them like normal.
OOO very helpful information! Thank you! Did not know that. I will do that from now on then. I still dont see how Blizz can blame my UI for making a server side change though. Sounds like passing the buck to me personally.

12-07-09, 02:45 PM   #10
spiel2001
nUI's Author

The patented response to any error they can't explain is: Disable your addons

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » Lost aggressive stance on my shaman's pet bar...Blizz blames UI