01-29-10, 10:07 AM   #1
zviff
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
quest areas on map are gone

when i click my map, it no longer shows where the quest areas are that i need to go to. doesnt show on the minimap either. ive looked all through the settings and for the life of me cant find how to get it back

01-29-10, 11:33 AM   #2
Riddrick
A Cliff Giant

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jV-7yArgOBo

1:37 He talk about the settings about quest

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ic3uJ4hLeUk

4:37 he shows the quest option

And if the setting on the Carbonite is right and it still a mess,

*if iīam not wrong* This is on your own risk

you can uninstall it then download it again and use
a plugin system for Carbonite and you get a message from carbonite UI
and they ask you if you want to scan. And then all the quest you have
and been done, going to end up in the carbonite.

Here are the things you need to copy from the old Carbonite to your
deskboard to put in the new Carbonite download.

Go to WorldofWarcraft\WTF folder "Saved Variables
carbonite.lua and carbonite.lua.bak
i guess all stuff of your save on Ore/Herb and friend and punk
list will be there. If you already knew it might come in
handy for someone else.
RUN when you see me becuse
iīam going to be soooo loaded!!!
If you donīt knock on the doors,
donīt expect a good welcome!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ya2KR4VQwu4
Now the real killing begins!!

Warsong

Last edited by Riddrick : 01-30-10 at 10:08 AM.

01-31-10, 10:56 AM   #3
zviff
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
grrr

ok... i clicked the button that shows needed quest areas on my map. it shows all now EXCEPT hrothgars landing. that makes no sense.

02-01-10, 02:46 AM   #4
zviff
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
grrr again

ive found that theres a watch all quests options if you click on a quest in your questlog, but is there a way to make that permanent? even for quests you just pick up?

02-03-10, 02:31 AM   #5
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by zviff View Post
ive found that theres a watch all quests options if you click on a quest in your questlog, but is there a way to make that permanent? even for quests you just pick up?
Open Carbonite's options, and go to the "Quest Watch" page. See if you have "Auto watch new quests" and "Auto watch changed quests" checked. You might also check the "Quest" page just to make sure "Always show watched quest areas on map" is checked. You might also make sure that, on your "Quest Watch" header, the purple "Auto Track" radio button is bright purple.

You could, also, check out the (Unofficial) Carbonite Wiki.

Last edited by jeffy162 : 02-03-10 at 02:35 AM.

02-03-10, 10:47 AM   #6
zviff
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
blah

its all checked, didnt have the purple dot activated, but all that does is show where the nearest quest is, that doesnt track them all on the map. even tho watch new quests is checked on all my characters, i still have to go into the questlog and click watch all quests manually each time

02-03-10, 02:39 PM   #7
Riddrick
A Cliff Giant

its all checked, didnt have the purple dot activated, but all that does is show where the nearest quest is, that doesnt track them all on the map. even tho watch new quests is checked on all my characters, i still have to go into the questlog and click watch all quests manually each time

If i get you right you said you have to open caqrbonite
options, to make the quest show on your map.
Theres no need for that.

You got a quest Log with all the circles with different colour and 2 arrows.
And you can press one of the opions and a "log" show all the quest you got
and just close to every quest you got a circle you can push on
and you can see all the quest you have markt on the map,

And if you talk about the arrow ( Tomtom addons) that carbonite have
there is no way you can track more then 1 quest at the time whit that arrow.

Warsong

02-03-10, 05:57 PM   #8
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

If you have more than one character, have you tried importing another character's settings to see if that will fix it? Open Carbonite's options window, and go to the "Reset" page. Choose "Import settings from another character" (at least I think that's the wording) and follow the prompts.

If all else fails, you could "reset" Carbonite, but, be aware that this will reset Carbonite for ALL of the characters on the same account.

To "reset" Carbonite, go to your "\World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\ACCOUNTNAME\SavedVariables" folder, and look for these two files: "Carbonite.lua" and "Carbonite.lua.bak". Once you find them, rename them (just add something like "_old" to the file name). This will cause a reset for Carbonite's main settings (once again, for ALL of the characters on this account). When you restart your game, Carbonite will create new "Carbonite.lua" and "Carbonite.lua.bak" files. When you choose the character you are having problems with, make sure to load all the addons you normally do and enter your realm and see if the problem still exists. If the problem is corrected, just delete the old (original) renamed files.

If you go into your character folders, you will find another "SavedVariables" folder also containing two files of the same names. Please leave these alone. Every one I've checked only contains "Taxi" (flight path) information, so I highly doubt these are where the problem lies.

I hope this helps, and good luck.

02-03-10, 06:20 PM   #9
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Riddrick View Post
If i get you right you said you have to open caqrbonite
options, to make the quest show on your map.
Theres no need for that.

You got a quest Log with all the circles with different colour and 2 arrows.
And you can press one of the opions and a "log" show all the quest you got
and just close to every quest you got a circle you can push on
and you can see all the quest you have markt on the map,

And if you talk about the arrow ( Tomtom addons) that carbonite have
there is no way you can track more then 1 quest at the time whit that arrow.
Riddrick, what you are talking about is not the quest LOG, but the quest WATCH. Carbonite's Quest Log opens when you hit "L" (or, depending on your set up, "alt+L"). Also, the arrow that points you to your next objective is Carbonite's HUD. It has nothing to do with "Tomtom addons", although there is a Carbonite option to "Emulate Tomtom waypoints" when gathering or mining. Carbonite's HUD is there whether you have "Tomtom" (the addon) installed or not. Finally, you are correct. The HUD will not "track" more than one thing at a time.

02-04-10, 02:14 AM   #10
Riddrick
A Cliff Giant

Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
Riddrick, what you are talking about is not the quest LOG, but the quest WATCH. Carbonite's Quest Log opens when you hit "L" (or, depending on your set up, "alt+L"). Also, the arrow that points you to your next objective is Carbonite's HUD. It has nothing to do with "Tomtom addons", although there is a Carbonite option to "Emulate Tomtom waypoints" when gathering or mining. Carbonite's HUD is there whether you have "Tomtom" (the addon) installed or not. Finally, you are correct. The HUD will not "track" more than one thing at a time.
1/3 that not so bad..hehe. I uset carbonite before and almost have the tomtom quest every time with that, but i guess most of them was addon packs.

Was the excuse t lame?

Warsong

02-04-10, 10:31 PM   #11
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Riddrick View Post
1/3 that not so bad..hehe. I uset carbonite before and almost have the tomtom quest every time with that, but i guess most of them was addon packs.

Was the excuse t lame?
Ahhh, that explains it then.

No excuses necessary, by-the-way, I was just trying to straighten out the terminology, and misconceptions.

02-05-10, 12:02 PM   #12
suiko
A Defias Bandit
I was also having this same issue, I keep having to hit alt+m to bring up the wow map for the built in quest helper to show areas relative to where all my quests are located on an alt.

But watching the walk throu on the video, on your quest tracker list, instead of having the purple circle selected make sure you have the green one lit up.

Hope that helps you out if you haven't missed taking a look at that instead of all this technical stuff thats not really the problem.

02-05-10, 09:21 PM   #13
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by suiko View Post
I was also having this same issue, I keep having to hit alt+m to bring up the wow map for the built in quest helper to show areas relative to where all my quests are located on an alt.

But watching the walk throu on the video, on your quest tracker list, instead of having the purple circle selected make sure you have the green one lit up.

Hope that helps you out if you haven't missed taking a look at that instead of all this technical stuff thats not really the problem.
I was assuming that the green radio button was on, since it is on by default. From the Carbonite "ReadMe":

"Quest Watch List

The watch window is draggable but not sizeable. It grows and shrinks as needed based on the quests you are currently watching. The Watch window can be made into a sizeable scrolling list if "Use fixed size list" is checked in the Quest Watch page of the Options window.

The green button toggles if all watched quests will be shown on the map and is on by default.

The purple "Auto Track" button will target the highest priority quest objective and updates dynamically as you move. Priority is based on distance, quest level and if the quest is complete.

The yellow/blue "Quest Givers" button shows Quest Giver icons on the map. Normal ones are shown as parchment icons. Daily quest givers as blue ! icons.

Button colors:
Dark yellow = No givers
Yellow = Quest givers and daily givers
Blue = Daily givers

The white "Show Party Quests" button determines if quests from other party members with Carbonite will also be shown in the Watch List."

So, unless you change it, it's on from the start.

02-07-10, 09:16 AM   #14
zviff
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
*sigh*

green button has always been on. renamed the files. still refuses to watch new quests and i STILL have to go into the questlog, click a quest and manually watch all quests...every time

02-07-10, 08:52 PM   #15
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

green button has always been on. renamed the files. still refuses to watch new quests and i STILL have to go into the questlog, click a quest and manually watch all quests...every time
I'm sorry, zviff, but I'm all out of idea's. If renaming those files didn't do it, I have no idea what will. That's like a fresh install of Carbonite, so I am at a total loss.

I know that there was a problem with quest helping addons not recognizing Hrothgar's Landing quests when 3.3 hit, but I thought that was taken care of. Which brings up another idea: Are you using the latest Carbonite? Newest version is 3.31.

Have you tried disabling all addons except Carbonite to see if it might be another addon interfering with Carbonite? Just thought of that one, too.

Sorry 'bout this. My computers' memory is fine, but it's just too bad I can't replace the hard drive and RAM in my head.

02-11-10, 08:32 PM   #16
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Level 1-4 quests are auto accepted by the game now, so Carbonite does not know when they get added.

You can click the top left Watch List button and select "Watch All Quests".

The next version of Carbonite has that fix.

If the quest level is > 4, then I would try disabling all other addons and see if it was a conflict.

02-17-10, 01:51 PM   #17
zviff
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
blah

its actually only certain tournament quests it refuses to auto-watch. i think it IS the hrothgar's landing stuff.

02-17-10, 06:18 PM   #18
zviff
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
just downloaded 3.3.2. seems to have fixed it.

02-18-10, 12:31 AM   #19
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Maybe the quests were simply off the bottom of the watch list? If there was no data for that quest in our database, then it would sort at the very bottom.

3.32 grabs blizzards quest locations (if any) if the quest is not in our database, so it would sort near the top if close by.

02-19-10, 05:23 PM   #20
zviff
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Raaaa

i have no clue what youre trying to say, but the new version DIDNT fix it. now NO quests i pick up are tracked. i uninstalled and reinstalled it fresh. im at a total loss for what to do now

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » quest areas on map are gone