12-28-10, 06:25 PM   #1
Anjalena
Mess-maker!

Pet Happiness Icon Feed Function

In my pet's frame, there's the little smiley icon that does two things. It shows the happiness of my pet AND if clicked on will let you choose all appropriate foods from your inventory to feed to the pet. Makes feeding SOOO much easier. I love it.

Okay, both of my problems involve that little icon. For some reason, the happiness isn't updating when I feed the pet. The little icon stays whatever color it was before. The only times it updates are either when I log out and back in, when the pet is dismissed and resummoned, or when the UI is reloaded. So if the pet is happy and the little icon is a green smiley face, and then I stand around afk forever and the pet gets to content and even unhappy, the little icon still stays green. And if the icon is red and I feed my pet, the icon doesn't change to yellow.

The other problem is with it showing appropriate foods for some pets. Like I have a fox right now... the light grey Highlands fox from Gilneas. When I click on the little happiness icon, the little box appears but it's empty. Even though I have both fish AND meat in my inventory.

These are probably known bugs or issues from another addon and maybe it's been talked about. I don't go to forums often so I miss things. And I looked down through the topics on this forum all the way back to the 5th of December and I don't see any topics about this. Am I doing something wrong? I'm sure you would have noticed this issue by now, Scott, since I know you have a hunter. So it must be something on my end? =(

12-28-10, 08:29 PM   #2
spiel2001
nUI's Author

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Yeah... these are both known issues and will be addressed in nUI6. There's no "fix" for either one at the moment other than, I think, targeting your pet may cause it to update the happiness icon.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

12-28-10, 11:34 PM   #3
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Creature Comforts is a great way to get around the problem for the time being. The button will change to a feed icon whenever your pet falls to content or lower and the addon works beautifully with nUI as of now. The icon also changes for heal pet situations and many other features as well.

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn

12-29-10, 09:01 AM   #4
Anjalena
Mess-maker!

Thanks Scott. It's good to know that it's not me. I do look forward to 6.0 though. It's been in the proverbial queue for a long time. Hopefully it's still keeping you engaged and happy and not insanely frustrated. =)

Also thanks, Voodoodad! Sounds like a neat little addon and I'm gonna give it a try. =)

12-29-10, 09:10 AM   #5
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Yeah... the good news is that tomorrow is my last day before nUI6 pops to the top of the stack and we can get it off the queue once and for all.

12-29-10, 05:17 PM   #6
Anjalena
Mess-maker!

Wewt!!!!! Congratulations, by the way, on your new "promotion". I'm so happy that you'll be able to stay at home and do what you love doing. I hope sincerely that this will be the start of a new home business for you and that you'll make money hand-over-fist... *waves one open hand over the top of her balled fist while looking slightly confused* ...which I guess is a good thing. (Quotes quotes quotes... that one be from Buffy.)

I do think, though, (and this is purely opinion) that you'll need to try to hook some programming assignments/contracts outside of WoW stuff cuz it's hard to rely solely on user donations. Not that we don't all want to help you... but life gets hard, as in my case, and sometimes we can't help. Just today I had to have the cashier put $16 worth of food back cuz I didn't have enough. And that's just incredibly embarrassing for me and frustrating for the folks behind me. And I won't have any more money for food until the 14th of next month.

Anyway, I didn't mean to babble on... or throw up a sob story. And I promise that when I'm able again, I will throw a few dollars your way each month as I used to. I just worry about you a little. I don't want you to get to the point where you have to choose between eating and doing what you love to do. It's not a good position to be in.

*huggles*

Holly

12-29-10, 06:07 PM   #7
Anjalena
Mess-maker!

Oh, never mind the suggestion about including other things. I read your second email that talked about your logo choices and pulling things together. Sounds really neat.

But I'm curious... what are these "apps" you're talking about? Like the Android thing? Is this for cell phones and portable media things like iPods and the Archos, etc? (Archos is like the iPod. got one for my son for his 18th birthday which is.. wow, almost 4 years ago now.)

I see you also love Celtic things and you're an earth worshiper like me! Loving the earthy tones. Green is my favorite color and I love it along with blue. I also love silver and bronze and beige and certain browns. My favorite color list, though, that I love in use together is a wild variety. I may have been a gypsy in another life. My top 4, in order, are Green, Purple, Red, and Yellow. And I especially love it when those colors are used side by side. Purple and Yellow, and Purple and Red... look AWESOME together!

Case in point! My two most recent pieces of jewelry that I made incorporated Purple and Yellow. (well, purple and antique gold in one, and purple and yellow in the other) People loved the earrings, but they went nuts over the necklace. Sold them for $20 each. Click on each pic to see the big version cuz these teeny thumbnails don't do the pieces justice. =)

(and sorry for the predominantly off-topic post. i'll try to keep these to a minimum.)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	For the Love of Bordeaux 04 (sm).jpg
Views:	611
Size:	120.0 KB
ID:	5525  Click image for larger version

Name:	For the Love of Bordeaux 03 (sm).jpg
Views:	593
Size:	132.8 KB
ID:	5526  Click image for larger version

Name:	Purple Rose's Majesty 01 (sm).jpg
Views:	601
Size:	267.2 KB
ID:	5527  Click image for larger version

Name:	Purple Rose's Majesty extender (sm).jpg
Views:	607
Size:	343.3 KB
ID:	5528  

Last edited by Anjalena : 12-29-10 at 06:09 PM. Reason: Reminder to click on the thumbnails for the large version.

12-29-10, 08:22 PM   #8
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Wow... those are really nice pieces. You really do quality work there Holly.

As for the other thing, yeah, I worry too... but I think I have a solid plan in place. We'll see how it comes together.

And, yes, the Android thing is apps for the smart phones... I'll definitely be getting in iPhone/iPad apps, as well, and likely Crackberry in due time. My goal is to see how much code and how many apps I can crank out in two months. It's a lot of work in front of me, but I truly am confident in making it work.

I'll be sending out a newsletter in the next day or two or three to explain what SPIELWERKZ is and how I plan on sharing back with the community. If I do this right, it should be a win-win for everyone.

12-30-10, 08:24 PM   #9
Anjalena
Mess-maker!

That's awesome sweetie. Sounds like you've really thought this through. And you also don't seem to be afraid of hard work. That'll really help.

If it doesn't sound too condescending, I'm really proud of you for having the guts to go after your dreams instead of waiting for them to come to you. Not all of us have that. Might be a long, tough journey but if you have the resilience and conviction to stick to it, I bet you'll be able to move that rubber tree plant. *wink*

Also, thank you for the beautiful compliment. That means a lot to me. =)

*huggles*

Holly

12-30-10, 08:38 PM   #10
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

<Sitcom WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!>

I try so hard to be good... Really...

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn

12-30-10, 09:02 PM   #11
Anjalena
Mess-maker!

Good? What's that? *ponders the question*

Hey look! I still have my special title over there that Cairenn gave me way back during that kinda Scavenger Hunt contest they did on here. I was congratulating someone on their victory and I did my typical *showers you with confetti and sprays champagne all over you* kinda thing... and we got to talkin about making messes... and next thing I know, I've been branded. I'm quite proud. *giggle*

See? Mess-maker!
<------------

Thanks Cairenn!! =)

Last edited by Anjalena : 12-30-10 at 09:06 PM.

12-31-10, 12:41 AM   #12
Seer
A Molten Giant
Voodoo, good and making sense... Yea, that will happen after hell froze over, the sky fell and cats and dogs made peace.

12-31-10, 08:51 AM   #13
Blanckaert
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by Seer View Post
Voodoo, good and making sense... Yea, that will happen after hell froze over, the sky fell and cats and dogs made peace.
and Gas is back down to 99 cents a gallon.....
Have fun, and remember WOW is just a game, for us to enjoy, and all the Addons we use.... remember the programmer is a human too, and MOST times, is doing this as a hobby, so give them time to have their life, so they can fix the addons, so we can have our WOW life.

Last edited by Blanckaert : 12-31-10 at 08:52 AM. Reason: oops... forgot the quote....

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » Pet Happiness Icon Feed Function