02-19-12, 11:00 PM   #1
Artic
A Murloc Raider
Minimap

For some reason the minimap is all messed up. Its divided in two panels and one panel is pertruding out of the frame. It is also not showing quest points and the dotted line is gone. I deleted the carbonite folders in the add on folder but and resinstalled it but it is still doing the same thing.

How can I completely remove it and resinstal or how can I get the minimap back like it used to be... Thanks.

02-20-12, 02:15 AM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
First off: Carbonite has one map and it is either maximized (large, like Blizzards World Map) or minimized (minimap sized but NOT the minimap). Blizzard gives us three maps: The Minimap (found in the upper right corner of your screen), the World Map (the big map) and the Zone (sometimes referred to as the Battleground) Map. A technicality, to be sure, but it occasionally helps to use the correct terms when explaining something.

If you want to completely reset Carbonite go to your "Path to your WoW folder\WTF\Account\ACCOUNT NAME\SavedVariables\" folder and rename or delete the "Carbonite.lua" and "Carbonite.lua.bak" files. Please be aware that doing this will completely reset your installation of Carbonite back to default settings. This is because all of Carbonites set up information (for all of your characters) is in those two files.

If you want to completely reinstall Carbonite, this would be an excellent time to delete the Carbonite folders from the "AddOns" folder and download and install a fresh copy of Carbonite.

Just a side note: Look in your main Carbonite folder for the "CarboniteReadMe.text" plain text file and give it a read through. It will tell you what Carbonite does, but it will also give you information on how Carbonite can be set up. It is still one of Carbonites "best-kept-secrets".

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Minimap