01-19-08, 03:01 AM   #1
Voonka
A Cyclonian
Mod Placement on multiple characters...

Hi. I've been working on my own UI for quite some time. I finally have it how I want it, but I have one issue. The settings and placements for all these mods are returning to basic, and require a reconfig (by hand!) on every character. Is there anyway of "packaging" my UI so that i can just stick it on a new character? As you can imagine making the same UI a bunch of times when you've finally nailed it down is a bit discouraging. Thanks in advance.
01-19-08, 09:52 AM   #2
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Some addons have profile settings which can be set up and saved though the ones that do have a default profile as well in most cases so im guessing the ones your using dont have that.

The other option would be doing something similar with your saved variables much like if you downloaded an interface package. You would copy the character folder if on the same realm/account and so on up the chain. same account different realm then copy and rename the folders starting at the realm level and so on.

If your doing this on seperate accounts/computers you would copy the folder path and rename it starting from WTF>AccountName>RealmName>CharacterName. By renaming these from the account you have set up to the ones you dont it should set up your UI with the same configurations.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
01-19-08, 06:18 PM   #3
Voonka
A Cyclonian
No the addons I use primarily DO have profiles. The only ones that actually carry over from one character to the other are Eepanels2 and Pitbull, most of the other mods I set up don't stay even when i use the same profile. Also I've seen plenty of UI packages that have mods that have no profile options, and carry the same settings from character to character. SimpleMiniMap for example is always the same when i make a new character. It starts out looking default, no matter how many times I change it and reposition it. To save people some time, I've tried all the simple stuff. I've made macros (they didn't work completely), I've used profiles, I've done WTF Folder copies. What I'm looking for is a point in the right direction for making it so i can just start a character and either be ready to go, or hit a few buttons and go. Thanks in advance (again).
01-19-08, 06:56 PM   #4
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The addons you're having trouble with probably default to using per-character profiles. If you're using addons with the Ace profile system, try switching to a different profile, like "Default" before making your changes. Then you should be able to log onto another character and switch to the "Default" profile there as well. Some addons may not fully apply the new profile until you reload the UI (/console reloadui). If you're using addons with their own profile system, try creating a new profile that isn't character-specific, make your changes, and then switch to that profile on another character.
01-23-08, 10:06 AM   #5
Voonka
A Cyclonian
Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
The addons you're having trouble with probably default to using per-character profiles. If you're using addons with the Ace profile system, try switching to a different profile, like "Default" before making your changes. Then you should be able to log onto another character and switch to the "Default" profile there as well. Some addons may not fully apply the new profile until you reload the UI (/console reloadui). If you're using addons with their own profile system, try creating a new profile that isn't character-specific, make your changes, and then switch to that profile on another character.
ty phanx. the "character specific"" profiles WERE the problems. <-- happy dance.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Mod Placement on multiple characters...