09-13-09, 07:30 AM   #1
marioinfinity
A Black Drake

Debuff Question - ie: Poisons, Diseases, Etc

First, a day into using nUI+ and HOLY CRAP its awesome.

I've always been a classic player; the whole EQ/WoW experience; very little time to figure out the ins and outs of 5000 addons to "improve the quality of life" never really panned out with me; so a lot of everything I do is response time, and quick clicking. The great thing bout nUI+ is my screen is clear; it did take a few runs to adjust finding the players to heal but meh. I can see things And the idea of "healers just looking at the ground" has kinda went out the window with Ulduar & ToC. So Thanks ! Love it a lot

The only thing is; as a healer we pay attention A LOT to debuffs. Poisons, Diseases, any tick that hurts people. In Old Kingdom I noticed that the only way I could tell their was a ticker on my friends by "quick looking" was seeing them green; but those cannot always be dispelled, its not a poison or whatever wow does to confuse me. Anyway, X-Perl is what I used forever, and around the character it'd either turn Green for Poison, Purple for Curse or Tan/Yellow for Disease. Kinda a "fast identify".

Anyway, and this might be because I'm not attuned to the character panels yet, but does nUI+ have this? Rather then clicking on 25 people to find the 3 cursed; is their a quick tell? Cuz my party frames/raid frames just blink green or red depending on healing/damage but not "quick tell" i've seen in 2 raids and a ton of heroics.

Just curious if anyone can lend me a hand; maybe im missing something?

09-13-09, 09:06 AM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
If I remember rightly there should be colored borders or frames for people that have beeen cursed etc. The other options is to have decurse to quickly decurse etc when someone is afflicted with something you can cure.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

09-13-09, 09:39 AM   #3
richwarf
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
grid + nui(+) = win :P

Just set grid to show things you can sure as the icon, and things you cant to the bottem right. If you like you can also add the info plan for grid, but i have mine just under my targets arua bar thing :P

09-14-09, 04:43 PM   #4
neuralassassin
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Yea nui definitely has support for curses, poisons, ect try turning off the incoming heals and damage by using "/nui show hits" (i think). Might help you see the other debuffs better

09-17-09, 09:02 AM   #5
marioinfinity
A Black Drake

thanks! think i got it lol

09-24-09, 08:50 PM   #6
cokedrivers
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Personally as a pally i use Decursive, i set it right below my HUD and it stacks up nicely so i can see all people with a curse or poison on them and just click and be done with it.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » Debuff Question - ie: Poisons, Diseases, Etc