01-03-08, 03:53 PM   #1
littlebuddha79
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
TinyTip taking over my screen.

I am trying Tinytip for the second time. I like the way it looks, but remember why I switched to TipTac last time i tried it. Every time I mouseover someone, the tooltip does not go away. The info in the tooltip keeps stacking on top of one another until it stretches the height of my screen. I cannot figure out how to make it go away. I have fiddled with the fading, and every other setting in the menu, but cannot get it to act like a tooltip should. Give me info, then Go away.

Has anyone else encountered this, and how do I fix it?
01-03-08, 04:37 PM   #2
Voonka
A Cyclonian
Haven't run into this before. Go get the WowAceUpdate off of Wowace.com, download the mod, update it, and try it. If you have the same problem disable all addons except tipbuddy, then enable them 1 by 1 until you find the conflict.
01-03-08, 06:18 PM   #3
littlebuddha79
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Ok, I'm not sure, but I think the problem was in a corrupted saved variables file from the last time I tried out TinyTip. I deleted that and logged in, and no more problems.
01-04-08, 06:59 AM   #4
Hiram
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I had this issue when I turned on the ToT tooltip with tinytip. (I think that was the name of the option, been awhile). After I turned it off and did a quick reloadUI then the issue was gone.
01-05-08, 12:00 PM   #5
Ganaw
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I had similar issues with TInyTip and have now switched over to CowTip. I found it much more flexible with its use of DogTag to allow you to have the tooltip to say almost whatever you want. Well maybe not everything but it is very flexible and I have had no issues with it.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » TinyTip taking over my screen.