07-08-11, 09:12 AM   #1
Edleweiss
A Murloc Raider

Possible Altoholic Enhancement?

I was thinking about an improvement, and didn't know how to get that thought to Thaoky or anyone else working on the addon. It could be something completely stand alone, but I don't know how to do php or lua programing.

The idea is a pretty simple, toon based notepad. You could add a screen in the altoholic frame, or a new frame could pop up. The player selects one of their toons, and then the player can add free form text (like the in game mail system). The addon on would save the note so that any toon's notes could be viewed from any other toon by just selecting in the frame. You would then add an option of "popping up" the frame and showing the saved notes when the assigned toon logs in.

I see the use for it as: Toon A needs a chant for their chest, or a gem cut. The player would go into their notepad, and pull up that toon (their chanter or JC) and type in red agi gem-toon A or whatever. When they eventually log into that toon (the jc) the window pops up to remind them they needed to cut a gem for toon A

What do you guys think?
07-08-11, 10:36 PM   #2
Emmaleah
A Murloc Raider
Premium Member
I think it sounds handy. It could popup when you log in (like Muffin MOTD) and be available on a tab.
07-09-11, 09:29 AM   #3
litesung
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

I believe this would work better as a stand-alone addon.

It seems like you are requesting an addon that will save notes externally to a special folder, and that any character (possibly on any server) can view those notes so long as the addon is installed and enabled.

Basically, "notepad in WoW" right?
07-09-11, 10:25 AM   #4
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
That sounds kind of like a slimmed-down version of NotesUNeed that's added to Altoholic.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!
07-09-11, 01:16 PM   #5
Edleweiss
A Murloc Raider

Yes, I was thinking an external save.. just free form text.. I'll have to check out the notesuneed addon. How can I link up with someone who knows how to code? I would love to learn how to create the addon
07-09-11, 01:55 PM   #6
Ketho
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Edleweiss View Post
Yes, I was thinking an external save.. just free form text.. I'll have to check out the notesuneed addon. How can I link up with someone who knows how to code? I would love to learn how to create the addon
There are guides for it~
07-09-11, 03:11 PM   #7
Edleweiss
A Murloc Raider

Thanks Ketho.. I think I will give it a shot!
07-19-11, 07:43 AM   #8
Edleweiss
A Murloc Raider

add on programers

Are there any programmers out there that want to build this?

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Possible Altoholic Enhancement?