05-11-13, 11:15 AM   #1
Billtopia
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
_G["QuestInfoDescriptionText"] is being resized

The above frame contains the text that describes the quest when you have to accept it / turn it in/ or browse the quest log. Carbonite (current / past/ and current beta) modifies this frame so it fits the new quest log... This modification makes the frame no longer properly fit into the quest accept/ turn in frame or the standard quest log.

Whenever Carbonite is disabled the frame does not go wider than the Quest log frame but remains set at the proper width for the window.

I have found that (by using a macro to change the frame width to (_G["QuestDetailScrollChildFrame"]:GetWidth() - 10) and bringing the mouse over Carbonite's quest log frame that the frame's width is reset to the Carbonite width so I can say with 100% accuracy that the frame is reused, and Carbonite is what is changing it when it sets the width to the quest log's width.

This frame will need some way to adjust the width depending on if it is in Carbonite or the default location or perhaps make a new text frame (font string) for Carbonite and set that frame's text from a _G["QuestInfoDescriptionText"]:GetText()

Last edited by Billtopia : 05-11-13 at 01:05 PM.

05-11-13, 03:56 PM   #2
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
the next alpha release removes the modification it was making to that frame, I was working on fixing the cut off text when I started wondering why it even does it, at least for me even without the change it still displays fine in the carbonite quest log.... it's probably something that was done when carb started and monitors were 17" low res, these days it's really not needed.

05-11-13, 08:05 PM   #3
Billtopia
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
the only reason I can think of it does it is the Carbonite log window is a bit wider than the standard quest window... I am thinking that it is a font string, so you could just :GetText() from it and put the text into your own Font String... the benefit is that you can keep the wider layout and not waste the bonus space that you have vs the default quest log... you could possibly hook the QuestFrameDetailPanel 's (or another's) OnShow and have it reset the window to whatever it is originally...

Do you import the whole group of frames or just pieces? If you do the whole frame it could self adjust from the width of the (_[G"QuestInfoDescriptionText"]:GetParent()):GetWidth()
subtract a little for the text inset, and have the frame do it when it is shown...

05-11-13, 10:24 PM   #4
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
it actually does resize and fix the text cut off, but it only fixes after you open the quest log once... so if you login and go grab quests it's cut off, but if you login open quest log once, then head to quests they display fine...

I've tried reproducing the resize call when quest log closes to the on initialize but it didn't work... Right now it's working with removing the 2 resize calls, I just commented them so I can look into it more later on... but for now other parts are higher priority so I can finally get carbonite2 out the door.

05-15-13, 02:45 PM   #5
Kreelor
A Firelord

Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
... but for now other parts are higher priority so I can finally get carbonite2 out the door.
The hinges on that door are getting rusty. They haven't moved in quite some time. LOL

I'm really looking forward to a workable Release version from you. I want your efforts to shine, so that people will smile... and hopefully contribute to you.

05-15-13, 03:32 PM   #6
mjumnito
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by Kreelor View Post
The hinges on that door are getting rusty. They haven't moved in quite some time. LOL
Hinges on the door are fine, its remarks like this that are really uncalled for. I dont remember seeing you step up to the plate when carbonite was down and out. Not saying I did either, but every visit to the forum here I see you complaining about one thing or another with whats not being done, rather than the good job he has done thus far.

TL;RD Quit the bitching, be a part of the solution

If the mods think this is out of line so be it, ill take whats coming to me. Tired of seeing somebody hard at work only to be "talked down to", for lack of a better term.

Last edited by mjumnito : 05-15-13 at 03:32 PM. Reason: yes i had a crap day when this was wrote

05-15-13, 11:51 PM   #7
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by Kreelor View Post

I'm really looking forward to a workable Release version from you. I want your efforts to shine, so that people will smile... and hopefully contribute to you.
I call it alpha, because things like note layout are not set in stone yet... and I do experiment sometimes with new things, but the truth is the alpha's are 5.2 release versions, and work just as well or better then the current "release" version.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » _G["QuestInfoDescriptionText"] is being resized