04-16-08, 03:05 PM   #1
chiianna
A Murloc Raider
dependency missing

i'm sure this is a repost and if it is i aplogize. i'm stating with a blank addons and WTF folder and when i install thiss addons (by the instructions) i come up with dependencies missing even though the thing that is supposedly missing is intalled. again, the only things in my addon folder are what was in the downloaded zip file. any help would be great
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dependency missing .jpg
Views:	815
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	1719  
04-16-08, 03:21 PM   #2
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You have not followed ALL of the instructions. You have downloaded and installed the core Mazzle mods (plus some that Mazzlefizz modded), however you have not installed the other mod pack which has the other needed mods including Discord Unit Frames and most of the various libraries that the Ace2/Rock based mods use. Follow ALL of the instructions on the Mazzle UI page.

Link to the second mod pack: http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info7833.html

One other thing, once you get the mods installed, you will need to do an update as most of them are outdated and some just broken as of the last major patch. Use an updater like jWoWUpdater or WoWAceUpdater to easily update most of the Ace2/Rock based mods.

jWoWUpdater: http://jwowupdater.googlecode.com/fi...dater-1.88.zip

Last edited by Zyonin : 04-16-08 at 03:24 PM.
04-16-08, 03:27 PM   #3
chiianna
A Murloc Raider
any idea what ones it needs? i don't want or need 3/4 of the ones Detard has in his pack. what mods in this pack will get those dependencies fixed.

i went ahead an installed Detards complete pack and updated using WAU, and it does fix the dependency issue

Last edited by chiianna : 04-16-08 at 03:48 PM.
04-16-08, 03:47 PM   #4
MaybeHoP
Premium Member
Premium Member
Check and see if BanzaiLib is present. Jwowupdater eats it so you'll need to replace it and set Jwow to ignore it.
04-16-08, 03:49 PM   #5
chiianna
A Murloc Raider
BanzaiLib is present
04-17-08, 05:05 AM   #6
Zimzalabim
A Defias Bandit
same problem

I have exactly the same problem, but my installation was already mazzified and working when I ran JWowUpdater to get the latest addons.

Dependencies listed on MazzleUI is:
Ace2, Babble-2.2, BanzaiLib, Metrognome, DiscoordUnitFrames and RosterLib

All these seem to be in place in my addon directory.

Question is: Is there a way to find which one of these that breaks MazzleUI?
04-17-08, 06:38 AM   #7
DocEVL
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Zimzalabim View Post
I have exactly the same problem, but my installation was already mazzified and working when I ran JWowUpdater to get the latest addons.

Dependencies listed on MazzleUI is:
Ace2, Babble-2.2, BanzaiLib, Metrognome, DiscoordUnitFrames and RosterLib

All these seem to be in place in my addon directory.

Question is: Is there a way to find which one of these that breaks MazzleUI?
Make sure that when you log in and click addons (before choosing a character), that load out of date addons is checked and that none of the dependencies is disabled or unchecked.

BTW for those having issues with Jwow and BanzaiLib, there is a solution that allows you to update the lib and not have multiple copies.
What Jwow is doing is downloading LibBanzai (note the name change) and removing banzailib because they are the same library just updated and the name changed to the standard library naming convention now used by ace mods. You can edit the MazzleUI .toc file and change BanzaiLib to LibBanzai-2.0. This will allow you to update your banzai library and not break Mazzle while using Jwow.

Hope that helps.
04-17-08, 07:30 AM   #8
Zimzalabim
A Defias Bandit
Yes!

Thanks, renaming BanzaiLib to LibBanzai-2.0 in MazzleUI.toc did the trick!
04-18-08, 04:55 PM   #9
WernerCD
A Murloc Raider
Seems so... difficult

I'm no novice... but having to download atleast 3 sets of zips seems... convoluted.

Other mod packs I've used before are Download > Copy > Run... that's it. No need to check *OTHER* Download locations.

You've got the core... now about the updates... and then the patches... and then mazzlefy!!!...

I'm just wondering, why is this split between 3+ different sets of stuff to update/mess with? Why not have one zip file. One install.

I hear alot of complaints about 'zomg read the instructions', but when the instructions are *ALOT* more complicated than any other mod pack I've ever seen, I have to wonder as to the reasoning behind this split.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » dependency missing