04-27-13, 09:23 AM   #1
Nerds
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
How to extract embedded oUF layouts (eg. FreeUI)

Hi, I want to use the Free UI oUF layout as a base for my own layout (particularly for the raid frames), but am unsure how to use it independently of the UI. Any ideas? Thanks
04-27-13, 12:45 PM   #2
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I would guess the "unitframes.lua" file found in the scripts folder, but there might be more files depending on how the author set it up.

Try using that + the .toc file
04-27-13, 03:20 PM   #3
Haleth
This Space For Rent

Featured
You will also need several of the functions found in core/api.lua, and their associated textures/fonts in the media folder (and references in the C.media table). I suggest taking the functions you need and putting them at the top of the layout somewhere and include the relevant media files.

You'll need a regular oUF for it to work as well, though I've made a few minor changes to elements/auras.lua for the border (it felt a bit wasteful to use an additional function for that).

If you plan on uploading this, though, please ask me beforehand.
04-28-13, 07:50 AM   #4
Nerds
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Haleth View Post
You will also need several of the functions found in core/api.lua, and their associated textures/fonts in the media folder (and references in the C.media table). I suggest taking the functions you need and putting them at the top of the layout somewhere and include the relevant media files.

You'll need a regular oUF for it to work as well, though I've made a few minor changes to elements/auras.lua for the border (it felt a bit wasteful to use an additional function for that).

If you plan on uploading this, though, please ask me beforehand.
Thank you! It'll most likely stay as a personal project, to be honest - and eventually I will re-write my own layout from scratch. Yours is the closest to how I imagine mine being (your healing frames are perfect), so it's awesome to learn from.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » How to extract embedded oUF layouts (eg. FreeUI)