11-09-12, 02:09 AM   #81
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Alinna View Post
Yep....and that's kind of the same conclusion I am coming to. Savedvariables are somehow screwed with my account now.
Only thing I can think of is that particular AccountName folder and it's contents are Read-Only. Try this:

1. Stay logged in to WoW
  2. Find your WTF folder
  3. Right click on it, and select Properties
  4. Make sure Read-only is un-ticked
  5. Click Okay
  6. Back in WoW, type /realui, select RealUI Core, and click Re-initialize Character.

11-09-12, 06:30 PM   #82
iConverge
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by cdnDare View Post
Does anyone else have problems with inspecting? Most of the time it takes ages to pop up, very annoying
I've actually found that problem has to do with oUF. Whether it's the oUF addon or the RealUI layout, I am not sure. The only reason I know this is that, when I went to redo some glyphs/talents, Blizz UI stated that oUF needed to be disabled (and randomly sometimes Skada?!? ) in order to make the changes. Once I did that, I inspected another hunter to check his bow, and the inspect frame came up immediately.

As far as a fix, I have no idea.

11-10-12, 05:39 PM   #83
Alinna
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by Nibelheim View Post
Only thing I can think of is that particular AccountName folder and it's contents are Read-Only. Try this:
Ok Nib....I'm at my wits end here. I just went back to a blank slate on my UI, reinstalled RealUI fresh, and set all my stuff back up on a single character from scratch (takes like 30 min for me to do it), and then went to a different toon and it will copy PART of the settings, but not all.

And when I try to remove the read-only properties from the savedvariables folder, it goes right back to read-only.

11-10-12, 11:12 PM   #84
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by Alinna View Post
Ok Nib....I'm at my wits end here. I just went back to a blank slate on my UI, reinstalled RealUI fresh, and set all my stuff back up on a single character from scratch (takes like 30 min for me to do it), and then went to a different toon and it will copy PART of the settings, but not all.

And when I try to remove the read-only properties from the savedvariables folder, it goes right back to read-only.
Only other thing I can think of is WoW's installed in a Program Files or User folder.

11-12-12, 05:56 PM   #85
Alinna
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by Nibelheim View Post
Only other thing I can think of is WoW's installed in a Program Files or User folder.
Actually, I have WoW installed separately by itself on my main drive, not in Program Files.

The issue seems to ONLY be affecting newly created characters though, and it isn't discriminating between Pandas and old school toons like Dwarves or anything. Not sure why.

11-13-12, 08:06 AM   #86
Skypperx
A Murloc Raider
Hi,
I wonder how do I see all of my target debuffs and buffs as well, because some of the mop boss is not showing the stacks of buffs them.

11-15-12, 09:33 AM   #87
Roarsaurus
A Kobold Labourer
Nvm, Figured it out.

Last edited by Roarsaurus : 11-15-12 at 10:10 AM. Reason: add-ons are hard

11-15-12, 07:03 PM   #88
Gethe
RealUI Developer

Premium Member
Featured
I am working on the next update for the 5.1 patch. The most notable code change with this patch is with the floating nameplates, I am working to get this part sorted by the time the patch drops.

While I do this, if a few technically minded fellows could please go to github and download the latest PTR branch, test it out and look for other bugs/errors it would be greatly appreciated. Those of you doing this; if you find any, please use the issue tracker on github so we can minimize duplicate entries and centralize discussion.

11-15-12, 10:42 PM   #89
viniciusdevinhedo
A Kobold Labourer
Hello, thanks for all the hard work. Is there anyway I could make the double claws graphic from when blindside (dispatch) procs? I like to keep the word and spell icon as a warning method if possible, just get rid of the wolveriny thing that appears.

Again, thanks for everything, you are both awesome people

Edit. Actually, the graphical nonsense was blizz's default, I just turned it of from the interface/combat menu, and what was left was the beautiful RealUI texting, just like I wanted.

Thanks again Nib and Gethe

Last edited by viniciusdevinhedo : 11-18-12 at 03:01 PM.

11-17-12, 08:35 PM   #90
iConverge
A Murloc Raider
Alert Frame

A problem I've been having lately is that the alert frame for achieves, achieve progress, loot won and Elder Coin rolls has been fluctuating wildly for some time now. They will always be centered on the x axis, but fluctuate on the y axis.

For example: I wasn't getting Elder Coin roll options on bosses and thought it was a bug. I ticketed Blizz and they said I have been receiving coin rolls just fine, but I've been letting the timer run out. Went on an LFR today an voila! At the very top of my screen was the yellow timer bar, but the option for need or pass wasn't clickable as it was beyond my screen height. Same with my loot won alert.

It seems as though the alerts are going beyond my screen on the y axis. I'm running 1920x1080 if that's any indication. Tried re-initializing and such, even clean install, all with no change.

Edit:
Turned of Achievement Mover option in Frame Mover>UI Frames. Did an LFR and Loot Won/Elder Coin roll options are consistently in the default location now, along with Achievement alerts.

Last edited by iConverge : 11-18-12 at 01:00 AM. Reason: Answered

11-19-12, 02:59 AM   #91
ravx25
A Murloc Raider
I'm sure you meant _shift_ click and yes, Clique + Grid is your friend as a healer. A few searches should net you all you need to know (and probably a lot of what you don't) about how to set this up to your liking. Grid is already somewhat configured - particularly wrt the size and position - in RealUI so I tend not to mess with that. I've tuned the indicators to show buffs/debuffs as and how I like them and I set up Clique to click-bind all my healing spells. Some of them are mini-macros that trigger trinkets or off-GCD abilities as well, which come in handy.

Not sure what you mean about static placement - Clique doesn't care where the frames are my bindings work equally in either role spec (although I do run different specs but iirc this was the case before I enabled spec-related role swapping in Clique).

Also what do you mean by KVM in Clique?

One thing I found that I had to do was to setup the Clique frame blacklist (look under "other" in the Clique config) to exclude Clique from registering on anything other than Grid frames. This is because I re-map the primary left and right mouse buttons. If you don't do this don't bother.
I did mean Shift + Click haha. Anyhow, I went to google and searched key terms "clique grid realui" and didn't find too much useful information. I basically want to be able to cast certain heals by Shift +right/middle/left clicking each grid frame. I really do not understand Clique too well when I open it up. When I click stuff it just begins binding/mapping stuff (I do realize this is the intention, but how to get around without it mapping/binding everything you click is what I mean). Also, you can't bind what you can't see (grid party frames are hidden and no way to bring them up as an example). I know and can ascertain there is a way to do this but the instructions I'm googling just aren't relating well to the RealUI quirks (again like not being able to see the grid frames without being in a party).

Edit; I pretty much figured it out -- however, it seems like every time I load up a random dungeon group I have to rebind the spells for some reason. Has anyone run into this before?

Last edited by ravx25 : 11-19-12 at 04:05 AM.

11-20-12, 11:37 PM   #92
ravx25
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by iConverge View Post
Edit:
Turned of Achievement Mover option in Frame Mover>UI Frames. Did an LFR and Loot Won/Elder Coin roll options are consistently in the default location now, along with Achievement alerts.
Thank you so much for this. I had two bosses in HoF tonight where the Bonus Roll window never appeared on the screen at all. I think that really needs to be looked at.

11-26-12, 06:57 AM   #93
EarthTec
A Murloc Raider
Is it possible a specific error message that is not in the "Error Hider" installed to install later?

You have insufficient Blood Charges. (Ihr habt nicht genügend Blut-Aufladungen.)

It would be great if it works, because I keep getting this message that I have "Blood Tap" built into a macro.
Sorry for my bad English.

11-26-12, 11:53 AM   #94
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by EarthTec View Post
Is it possible a specific error message that is not in the "Error Hider" installed to install later?

You have insufficient Blood Charges. (Ihr habt nicht genügend Blut-Aufladungen.)

It would be great if it works, because I keep getting this message that I have "Blood Tap" built into a macro.
Sorry for my bad English.
Simply add SPELL_FAILED_CUSTOM_ERROR_153 to the top and bottom sections of AddOns\nibRealUI\Modules\ErrorHider.lua

11-27-12, 02:51 AM   #95
Gethe
RealUI Developer

Premium Member
Featured
5.1 Update

New version is up for 5.1.

I have disabled the Alert Frame mover for now until I get enough time to make it play nice with the bonus roll alert. A crude solution, but it'll do for now.

ReforgedTooltip has been removed from RealUI. Blizzard has finally put this addon into the base UI.

Plus a few other fixes/changes. Sorry for lack of updates, but i'm back on the saddle so I'll hopefully be able to work on this more often.

11-27-12, 03:02 AM   #96
Anj
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by Gethe View Post
New version is up for 5.1.

I have disabled the Alert Frame mover for now until I get enough time to make it play nice with the bonus roll alert. A crude solution, but it'll do for now.

ReforgedTooltip has been removed from RealUI. Blizzard has finally put this addon into the base UI.

Plus a few other fixes/changes. Sorry for lack of updates, but i'm back on the saddle so I'll hopefully be able to work on this more often.
Thanks Gethe. Can't wait to test this out when 5.1 hits.

11-27-12, 03:52 AM   #97
regen1337
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
THX 4 the update ...swiched back ti r1 2 many errors

Monk Combo Point Tracker alway displays 5 CHI

some errors

4x nibRealUI-7.3 r2\Modules\Nameplates.lua:258: attempt to index field "healthBar" (a nil value)
nibRealUI-7.3 r2\Modules\Nameplates.lua:258: in function <nibRealUI\Modules\Nameplates.lua:248>
nibRealUI-7.3 r2\Modules\Nameplates.lua:354: in function <nibRealUI\Modules\Nameplates.lua:341>

Locals:
self = <unnamed> {
0 = <userdata>
}
elapsed = 0.012000000104308
frame = NamePlate1 {
nameplate = true
0 = <userdata>
barFrame = <unnamed> {}
nameFrame = <unnamed> {}
}
(for index) = 2

-------------------------------
10x Aurora-4.2\aurora-4.2.lua:5881: attempt to compare number with nil
Aurora-4.2\aurora-4.2.lua:5881: in function <Aurora\aurora.lua:5859>
<in C code>
Blizzard_GuildUI\Blizzard_GuildRoster.lua:87: in function <Blizzard_GuildUI\Blizzard_GuildRoster.lua:85>
<in C code>
Blizzard_GuildUI\Blizzard_GuildUI.lua:293: in function "GuildFrame_ShowPanel"
Blizzard_GuildUI\Blizzard_GuildUI.lua:347: in function "GuildFrame_TabClicked"
<string>:"*:OnClick":1: in function <string>:"*:OnClick":1

Locals:
(*temporary) = <func> =[C]:-1
= <func> @Blizzard_GuildUI\Blizzard_GuildRoster.lua:128
= <func> @Aurora\aurora.lua:5859

Last edited by regen1337 : 11-27-12 at 04:57 AM.

11-27-12, 08:24 AM   #98
Gethe
RealUI Developer

Premium Member
Featured
Originally Posted by regen1337 View Post
THX 4 the update ...swiched back ti r1 2 many errors

Monk Combo Point Tracker alway displays 5 CHI
This update is for 5.1, try it again when the patch is live.

Last edited by Gethe : 11-27-12 at 08:27 AM.

11-27-12, 09:03 AM   #99
Clasmir
A Defias Bandit
If possible, can you update the main page to say 5.1 instead of 5.0.4? If indeed that's what this version is for.

11-27-12, 09:19 AM   #100
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by Clasmir View Post
If possible, can you update the main page to say 5.1 instead of 5.0.4? If indeed that's what this version is for.
5.1 isn't yet a valid option for WoWInterface uploads. Should be fixed up shortly.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » RealUI » RealUI