10-31-08, 12:44 PM   #1
Spudnik
A Murloc Raider
Roth UI/oUF_D3Orbs

Hi there,

I've been wanting to make a small modification to zork's oUF_D3Orbs which can be found here

The modification that I wanted to make is this:
In the standart pack a aura appears around the health orb when being affected by a debuff, as seen in the picture below.

Now instead of that aura, I wanted to apply textures to the statues. For debuff, on the demon, for buffs on the angel. I made the textures for angel and demon

May goal was to have them look like this ingame when buffed/debuffed:

However, I cn't figure out how to do it. I have very basic understanding of LUA but I managed to get the texture to show up on the demon, however, it was behind the actual satue, not in front, and I haven't managed to get a red/golden glow for demon and angel respectively. I talked to zork, the original creator, and he said that he won't do it, but that I could do it. Finding myself incapable of doing it by myself, I hope to get good advice here and a soultion for the problem.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Spudnik : 10-31-08 at 01:06 PM.
10-31-08, 01:01 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
You may want to split the texture into two pieces. One for the angel, one for the demon. Then, you'll want to put them on a layer higher than the angel/demon so that they show up on top. To make them show when supposed to, you'll need your script to watch for buffs/debuffs and show/hide the textures accordingly.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

10-31-08, 01:06 PM   #3
Spudnik
A Murloc Raider
they are seperate, in the post they just appear to be one. I'll fix it. Other than that, I diidn't have any succes in putting the texture over the art. Like I said, I only have very basic understanding of LUA.
10-31-08, 06:52 PM   #4
Spudnik
A Murloc Raider
*bump*

I really need help with this, I have tried for several hours now and am not seeing a result.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Graphics Help » Roth UI/oUF_D3Orbs