09-11-09, 10:12 PM   #1
Berb
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Custom Tooltip blp (request)

I've been playing around with the UI-Tooltip-Border.blp and UI-Tooltip-Background.blp for a while now trying to make then both black to match the tooltip addon I currently use (aTooltip from ALZA UI). I'm almost there (example screenshot here), but I want the right one (work in progress) to look the same as the left one (tooltip addon). They're close, but that solid black line is kind of annoying.

Another, and probably easier, way I could to do this is add the tooltip names (GameTooltip, ItemRefTooltip, ShoppingTooltip1) to the list in the aTooltip addon, but I currently have no idea how to retrieve these tooltip names.
09-11-09, 10:36 PM   #2
zero-kill
A Firelord

Have you tried setting the opacity on the border (black line) to 0%?
09-12-09, 01:22 PM   #3
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
That line is your border. You need to change the insets of the tooltip background when you set it and/or change the thickness of the border texture, so that the background lines up with your custom border texture.

Also, those *are* the names of the tooltip frames.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

09-12-09, 04:08 PM   #4
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Blizzard provides the following tooltips:
GameTooltip, ItemRefTooltip, ShoppingTooltip1, ShoppingTooltip2, ShoppingTooltip3
09-13-09, 09:15 AM   #5
Grimsin
A Molten Giant

hmm what are the uses of the 3 different shopping ttips? where are they each used? When your at a vendor is the tooltip being used not the itemref tip?

GrimUI
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
09-13-09, 09:20 AM   #6
xConStruct
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

I think they are for comparing items.

Oh hai!
09-13-09, 09:28 AM   #7
Grimsin
A Molten Giant

that makes sense because looking at my ttips right now and it looks like the only tips im not in control of are the item compare tips and the only thing i have not written code for are those shoppingttips. question is though which ones are which? one i think your right is the first item compare tip. one is maybe the 2nd compare tip for things like trinkets where you have 3 tip windows at once?

im pretty sure that black line is the boarder and by the looks of it the background is set a few pixels over the outside boarder edge. if you look close it looks like if you just drop your background edge in to the size of the boarder the ttips would look identical. which is exactly what Seerah said

this is a shot of my ttips.

GrimUI
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by Grimsin : 09-13-09 at 12:11 PM.
09-13-09, 11:25 AM   #8
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
The ItemRefTooltip is the static tooltip that appears when you click an item in chat. The one with the X button to close it.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

12-01-09, 10:38 PM   #9
Berb
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

I haven't died, and I appreciate the replies. I'm back with another question.

I'm trying to make a 1 pixel tooltip border, but the left side of the tooltip is not aligned. Here's an image of the border.blp (the grey is not part of the image):

I'm wondering where each side of the tooltip actually is.

Here's an in game example:
12-01-09, 10:50 PM   #10
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
That may be due to rounding/UI scale/other voodoo.

12-02-09, 06:31 AM   #11
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
That may be due to rounding/UI scale/other voodoo.
WHO HATH AWAKENED ME BY INVOKING (part of) MY NAME? COME FORTH, MORTAL AND RECEIVE THY DOOM!

or not so much... whatever...

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn
07-08-10, 07:12 PM   #12
Berb
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Little bump for the 3.3.5 patch. Anyone know what the friends list tooltip is called?

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Graphics Help » Custom Tooltip blp (request)