04-05-11, 11:09 AM   #1
Remsaa
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
paladin/priest/holy background art - needs work, or good to go?

paladin/priest/holy background art - needs work, or good to go?

This sample size is much smaller than the art I will use but giving it a brief once over does anyone have any suggestions or is it close enough to finished?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	heavenui_by_sacredremedy-d3da6ns.png
Views:	1069
Size:	524.7 KB
ID:	5947  
04-05-11, 11:52 AM   #2
Haleth
This Space For Rent

Featured
Damn, looks epic. If I were into using panels at all I'd dig this.

Only thing I can say is that the left and right backgrounds don't fit in into the rest of the panel. I understand you might want a dark chat background, but I think it needs a different approach.
04-05-11, 12:03 PM   #3
Remsaa
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Haleth View Post
Damn, looks epic. If I were into using panels at all I'd dig this.

Only thing I can say is that the left and right backgrounds don't fit in into the rest of the panel. I understand you might want a dark chat background, but I think it needs a different approach.
Oh thank you for that, that is great advice, hmmmmm now to solve the problem!

/drawsablank
04-05-11, 01:18 PM   #4
Vicctus
A Murloc Raider

You could change the color scheme of those areas to the same creamy-marble-greenish you've got through out, and take the value down a few steps (make it darker) but only a slight adjustment to it's value.
You could always use the native opaque background the chat window provides to control the light/dark thing.

I really like the design though. Did you create it?
04-05-11, 01:39 PM   #5
Remsaa
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Vicctus View Post
You could change the color scheme of those areas to the same creamy-marble-greenish you've got through out, and take the value down a few steps (make it darker) but only a slight adjustment to it's value.
You could always use the native opaque background the chat window provides to control the light/dark thing.

I really like the design though. Did you create it?
I like that idea, I was also maybe thinking of a "fallen angel/hellish demon reaching for the light" motif...maybe

The overall design yes, although the actual art is taken from a few images of an artist named Hunqwet on DA and basically mashed altogether to make a UI panel.
04-05-11, 04:36 PM   #6
karmamuscle
A Cobalt Mageweaver

The art looks wicked!

Agree on the chat background. If it was me I would just use a transparent almost black color, maybe tinted ever so slightly towards the orange/red.

Personally I would also make the center art, assume you want to put minimap there, a standalone minimap art.
I like bigger chatframes, so a center minimap takes up my valuable screen width.

Would be interesting to see someone make unitframes to match the look.

Last edited by karmamuscle : 04-05-11 at 04:38 PM. Reason: Spelling 'aight
04-05-11, 04:59 PM   #7
Remsaa
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by ckramme View Post
The art looks wicked!

Agree on the chat background. If it was me I would just use a transparent almost black color, maybe tinted ever so slightly towards the orange/red.
The problem I have with a darker, plain background is that I often dont use my chat (with a new baby, play times are odd and guild is small) and I set it to transparent, so a lot of times in that case I would just see a big black box.

Maybe making it less obvious and removing the chat "framing" altogether might be better (mainly just center graphic at that point)

The chat frames were actually much bigger before but I reduced them because they looked almost too big.

Personally I would also make the center art, assume you want to put minimap there, a standalone minimap art.
I like bigger chatframes, so a center minimap takes up my valuable screen width.

My wife is a clicker and this UI is for her, she wanted a spot in the middle where she could lump some of her spells together, I will probably modify it a bit for my Pally but I am also not a fan of a centered minimap

Would be interesting to see someone make unitframes to match the look.
I actually decided to work a bit on this too although we will see, i included what i have so far for the target

AND THANKS GUYS FOR ALL THE GREAT HELP AND ADVICE!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	target_by_sacredremedy-d3db1ze.png
Views:	1004
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	5953  
04-06-11, 10:47 AM   #8
karmamuscle
A Cobalt Mageweaver

UF art looks nice

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Graphics Help » paladin/priest/holy background art - needs work, or good to go?