07-17-11, 10:11 AM   #1
cokedrivers
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Tol Barad Portal Image

does anyone know how either
A) I can use the image already in WoW.
B) Extract the Image from WoW.

Im trying to update ZOMGBuffs Portalz and i have the portal there when it pops up just not a image ive been looking for a few days now for the Tol Barad Image wow uses but cant seem to find it. So i figured I would ask the great people of wowinterface forums beings you all have the answers to almost every question.

Thanks
Coke
07-17-11, 11:07 AM   #2
litesung
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Have you checked "Clean Icons" ? I'm not sure if that's what you're looking for, but you can use that and get a .blp reader (I think that's what it's called, it allows you to view the files as images) all which can be found here at WoWI.

Other than that, I'm guessing you have to open up the ingame files using other programs and stuff.
07-17-11, 11:31 AM   #3
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
From memory, you can locate which spell ID the portal/teleport spells are and use one of the spell Info functions to get the icon path then use that icon path to assign to your image texture.
07-17-11, 11:40 AM   #4
cokedrivers

Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
From memory, you can locate which spell ID the portal/teleport spells are and use one of the spell Info functions to get the icon path then use that icon path to assign to your image texture.
I'm not sure we are talking about the same thing. I would like to use the Portal image just like the Portal in Org/SW. Almost like the portals that use to be in Dal. ZOMGbuffs Portalz uses:
Code:
["Orgrimmar"]		= {group = 11417, single = 3567,	tex = "SPELLS\\Ogrimmar_Portal"}
and the most recent release does not have the Tol Barad port so I'm trying to add it.

So far i have:
Code:
["Tol Barad"]		= {group = 88346, single = 88344,	tex = "SPELLS\\TolBarad_Portal"},
The clickable portal shows but unlike the Org code the Tol image does not show.

Coke.
07-17-11, 12:27 PM   #5
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
What you're looking for (and using) isn't a static texture/image. It's found in the mpq files amongst the skins and texture files of npcs, objects, spells, etc.

You can browse for it here: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...delViewer.html

Or... you can find the icon texture itself (rather than the portal image) here: http://wowprogramming.com/utils/artb...nterface/ICONS
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

07-17-11, 04:18 PM   #6
cokedrivers

Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
What you're looking for (and using) isn't a static texture/image. It's found in the mpq files amongst the skins and texture files of npcs, objects, spells, etc.

You can browse for it here: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...delViewer.html

Or... you can find the icon texture itself (rather than the portal image) here: http://wowprogramming.com/utils/artb...nterface/ICONS
With some looking around and looking into the art.MPQ i finally got what I was after thank you for the point in the right direction.

And for those using ZOMGBuffs Portalz to pull all the images from the art.MPQ do the following:

Open ZOMGBuffs_Portalz.lua at line 1164 paste the following and delete the old :

Code:
		if (UnitFactionGroup("player") == "Horde") then
			self.portals = {
				["Dalaran"]			= {group = 53142, single = 53140,	tex = "World\\GENERIC\\ACTIVEDOODADS\\SpellPortals\\Dalaran_Portal"},
				["Shattrath"]		= {group = 35717, single = 35715,	tex = "World\\GENERIC\\ACTIVEDOODADS\\SpellPortals\\Shattrath_Portal"},
				["Orgrimmar"]		= {group = 11417, single = 3567,	tex = "SPELLS\\Ogrimmar_Portal"},
				["Undercity"]		= {group = 11418, single = 3563,	tex = "SPELLS\\Undercity_Portal"},
				["Thunder Bluff"]	= {group = 11420, single = 3566,	tex = "SPELLS\\ThunderBluff_Portal"},
				["Silvermoon"]		= {group = 32267, single = 32272, 	tex = "World\\GENERIC\\ACTIVEDOODADS\\SpellPortals\\SILVERMOON_PORTAL"},
				["Stonard"]			= {group = 49361, single = 49358, 	tex = "World\\GENERIC\\ACTIVEDOODADS\\SpellPortals\\STONARD_PORTAL"},
				["Tol Barad"]		= {group = 88346, single = 88344,	tex = "World\\GENERIC\\ACTIVEDOODADS\\SpellPortals\\Portal_TolBarad"},
			}
		else
			self.portals = {
				["Dalaran"]			= {group = 53142, single = 53140,	tex = "World\\GENERIC\\ACTIVEDOODADS\\SpellPortals\\Dalaran_Portal"},
				["Shattrath"]		= {group = 33691, single = 33690, 	tex = "World\\GENERIC\\ACTIVEDOODADS\\SpellPortals\\Shattrath_Portal"},
				["Stormwind"]		= {group = 10059, single = 3561, 	tex = "World\\GENERIC\\ACTIVEDOODADS\\MAGEPORTALS\\STORMWIND_PORTAL"},
				["Ironforge"]		= {group = 11416, single = 3562, 	tex = "SPELLS\\Ironforge_Portal"},
				["Darnassus"]		= {group = 11419, single = 3565, 	tex = "SPELLS\\Darnassus_Portal"},
				["Exodar"]			= {group = 32266, single = 32271, 	tex = "World\\GENERIC\\ACTIVEDOODADS\\SpellPortals\\Exodar_Portal"},
				["Theramore"]		= {group = 49360, single = 49359, 	tex = "World\\GENERIC\\ACTIVEDOODADS\\SpellPortals\\Theramore_Portal"},
				["Tol Barad"]		= {group = 88345, single = 88342,	tex = "World\\GENERIC\\ACTIVEDOODADS\\SpellPortals\\Portal_TolBarad"},
			}
		end
Hope this helps others.

Coke

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Graphics Help » Tol Barad Portal Image