12-20-11, 07:12 PM   #1
adaroundtown
A Murloc Raider
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Dungeon Role Icons

Hi guys,
Does anyone know how to replace the dungeon role icons to a different image? I found an add-on on this site that does it for raid markers, and it works fine. I tried following similar steps to change the role icons, but haven't been able to figure it out. i know it's possible as i've seen a few different UI's with different role icons.
Here's the link to the one that does the raid markers:

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...Raidicons.html

advice, please?
12-20-11, 10:11 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
There are a couple of textures at this location: http://wowprogramming.com/utils/artb...rface/LFGFRAME Not sure which texture is used to display them where you are wishing to replace them.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

12-21-11, 08:07 AM   #3
cormanthor
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

You'll have to create the folder LFGFRAME inside your Interface folder. Then put in your remade version of UI-LFG-ICON-PORTRAITROLES.tga. The image has to be in the same size and layout as the one I linked (leader-healer-tank-deeps). That should replace the icons on the party frames. You will have to exit completely out of the game before it will read the new file though.
12-21-11, 10:58 PM   #4
adaroundtown
A Murloc Raider
hey there guys,
thanks for the advice. so far no luck, though. if it's cool, could you take a look at the attached image file and let me know if it looks right? Do i need to make a .blp file to go with it? not sure how to make one of those:
Attached Images

12-22-11, 12:22 AM   #5
Ekaterina
A Theradrim Guardian
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You will need to save the file as either a blp or as a tga. Tga would probably be easier.
12-22-11, 01:17 AM   #6
Phanx
Cat.

Rather than fiddling with TGA settings in Photoshop, just download this:

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...7-BLP2PNG.html

... then drag and drop your PNG file onto the program icon. A new file will be created in the same location as your PNG file, in the BLP format, which WoW will recognize.
12-22-11, 08:38 PM   #7
adaroundtown
A Murloc Raider
i was able to get it to work, somewhat. i now have the icons i want on my group frames (i use grid2). they're still showing up as the defaults on my own unit frame, as well as target, TT etc. so, would i be correct in assuming i need to create new folders for each of my unit frames in order for them to show up there as well? if so, any suggestions on what i should call them and the image files inside?
12-23-11, 03:14 AM   #8
Phanx
Cat.

It looks like there are (at least) three different texture files containing role icons:Judging by their names, I'd guess that the second one is used on unit frames.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Graphics Help » Dungeon Role Icons