01-17-13, 07:40 PM   #1
ConsPark
A Defias Bandit
Carbonite Quest Waypoint Issue

Greets

I just got back into WoW about two weeks ago, and ever since then Carbonite's quest waypoints have been a bit flaky. Specifically, ones for old quests don't automatically delete themselves:

http://s7.postimage.org/lxv6uonmz/Wo...713_192938.jpg

So every five quests or so I have to manually "clear goto" lest the map be practically unreadable. I haven't been able to come up with anything about this using the search or on google. Any ideas? And yes I am running the latest Carbonite.

Thanks

01-17-13, 09:23 PM   #2
JimJoBlue
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Looks to me like you are using a separate addon for quests.... Zygor perhaps?

If I have hit the nail on the head it's not Carb but Zygor's routing that is to blame...

If not then I'm just rambling on......

01-17-13, 09:33 PM   #3
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

If you manually set a way point, you actually have to go to the waypoint marker on your map (not "close", or "near" the waypoint, but right to it), and you should hear a "DING" and the waypoint should automatically clear then. The HUD arrow will lead you right to the "GoTo" point, so you won't have to guess if you went to (or "close", or "near" to) it.

If you are routing your quests through Carbonite (I don't even have any idea if you can do that, or how it would be done, but I don't know everything there is to know about Carbonite, either), I would imagine you would have to do the same thing.

If you are going to the actual waypoint marker on your map, and you don't hear the sound and the waypoint doesn't automatically clear, then I would imagine the only recourse you have is to right click the map and "Clear Goto" in the menu.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

01-17-13, 10:08 PM   #4
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
it has to be another addon, or manually adding.... since as far as I know carbonite has no quest routing like that, it's only one at a time... tho I've been proven wrong before in what I thought it could or couldn't do :P

01-17-13, 10:38 PM   #5
ConsPark
A Defias Bandit
I am using WoW Pro guides, but before I came back waypoints for quests that I had already completed were cleared automatically. Could be a bug with WoW Pro, then.... TomTom maybe? I'll have to mess around with it tomorrow and see what it does.

01-18-13, 01:32 AM   #6
veldthui
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Yes this is an issue with Zygor. It seems to get confused. To fix the issue turn off the "Find Route" in the travel system in Zygor and it will then only give you the final destination. If you want to use the travel system then use the in-built zygor arrow.

01-18-13, 04:27 AM   #7
JimJoBlue
An Onyxian Warder

Originally Posted by veldthui View Post
Yes this is an issue with Zygor. It seems to get confused. To fix the issue turn off the "Find Route" in the travel system in Zygor and it will then only give you the final destination. If you want to use the travel system then use the in-built zygor arrow.
Dude, how can you say it's Zygor when the OP has said it's WoW Pro? Mine was just a guess (I was sooo close too).

Originally Posted by ConsPark View Post
I am using WoW Pro guides, but before I came back waypoints for quests that I had already completed were cleared automatically. Could be a bug with WoW Pro, then.... TomTom maybe? I'll have to mess around with it tomorrow and see what it does.
I'd make a post at the WoW Pro forums and see if they know about this problem... There has been changes with the Carb waypointing, But if I remember correctly Rythal said he has no further plans to change anything more regarding the waypointing system..

01-18-13, 08:08 AM   #8
veldthui
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by JimJoBlue View Post
Dude, how can you say it's Zygor when the OP has said it's WoW Pro? Mine was just a guess (I was sooo close too).
Didn't spot that bit but certainly looks exactly the same way zygor gets confused and puts tracks everywhere.

01-18-13, 09:16 AM   #9
JimJoBlue
An Onyxian Warder

Originally Posted by veldthui View Post
Didn't spot that bit but certainly looks exactly the same way zygor gets confused and puts tracks everywhere.
Yup I have to agree.. but it's only in some zones. The vanilla ones mainly.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Carbonite Quest Waypoint Issue