12-14-11, 10:07 PM   #1
Mereinid
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Data Broker Flumox!

Hello all.

I have been using the WoWInterface site now for a good long time. I have used the info bars: FuBar and Titan panel. However the upkeep on these are varied and far between. I am interested in this Data Broker, which I think is a bar that has other utilities that are added to it. I see many Data Broker addons put in the recent 200 submissions pages but every time I download it and put into the the appropriate folder it never shows up. My recent attempt was the Data Broker Fan Update (All). Which listed quite a few of the info mods I like to look at while playing, but alas, when I logged in there was no bar there and no way for me to bring up a GUI to make one appear. I /reload the UI several times.

Am I missing something..or is there some kind of alternate program that needs to be running or a base mod that needs to be installed prior to these? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mereinid
Janaki, Draenei, 90 Hunter
Anginny, Gnome, 87 Death Knight
12-14-11, 10:21 PM   #2
Flarin
A Frostmaul Preserver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Mereinid View Post
Hello all.

I have been using the WoWInterface site now for a good long time. I have used the info bars: FuBar and Titan panel. However the upkeep on these are varied and far between. I am interested in this Data Broker, which I think is a bar that has other utilities that are added to it. I see many Data Broker addons put in the recent 200 submissions pages but every time I download it and put into the the appropriate folder it never shows up. My recent attempt was the Data Broker Fan Update (All). Which listed quite a few of the info mods I like to look at while playing, but alas, when I logged in there was no bar there and no way for me to bring up a GUI to make one appear. I /reload the UI several times.

Am I missing something..or is there some kind of alternate program that needs to be running or a base mod that needs to be installed prior to these? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mereinid
Yep - you need a Data Broker "container" like http://www.wowinterface.com/download...7-Bazooka.html. There are others of course.

"I will crush and destroy and...ooo...shiny..."

12-14-11, 11:18 PM   #3
Mereinid
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Thanks Flarin! I appreciate the reply. With the Bazooka being the container and not really dependent on anything. Does it matter if it is 4.3 compliant? If it does, can you recommend at suitable alternative?

Thanks,
Mereinid.
12-14-11, 11:23 PM   #4
Flarin
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by Mereinid View Post
Thanks Flarin! I appreciate the reply. With the Bazooka being the container and not really dependent on anything. Does it matter if it is 4.3 compliant? If it does, can you recommend at suitable alternative?

Thanks,
Mereinid.
It works fine for 4.3. There are others - you can even use TitanPanel to host DataBroker plugins if you want. Fubar has a way to display them as well.

Chocolate Bar, NinjaPanel, etc - try them all and find one you like. I use Bazooka and it works fine.

"I will crush and destroy and...ooo...shiny..."

12-14-11, 11:24 PM   #5
Ekaterina
A Theradrim Guardian
Mereinid,
You'll need a Data Display, to show your brokers on.

Personally, I like Button Bin, as it's easy to create different areas of brokers, but if you prefer something similar to Titan Panel or FuBar, Chocolate Bar and Docking Station are good.

There's a more complete list of addons and displays at https://github.com/tekkub/libdatabro...dons-using-ldb

The list might not have been updated for a while, but will give you a good starting point.
12-15-11, 02:06 PM   #6
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Yep, as mentioned, you'll need a display.

LibDataBroker is a library/framework for display addons and plugins.

The same way that FuBar and Titan have tons of plugins for your to download (or that come with parent addons), there are DataBroker plugins for you to choose from. Also, the same way that you needed FuBar or Titan to show these plugins to you, you need a DataBroker display.

The driving force behind the new LDB framework was that the user (you) can choose which display you like best and want to use, rather than being locked in to FuBar or Titan. You can have bars across your screen, boxes scattered about, collapsible frames, etc, etc.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

12-15-11, 04:10 PM   #7
Mereinid
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Copy that, thank you for all of the great information. I have it working now and I am good to go. Couldn't have done it with out all your advice.

Thanks everyone,
Mereinid

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Data Broker Flumox!