03-15-14, 11:29 AM   #1
prekabo
A Defias Bandit
Weakaura String Database

As the title says, i want to know if anyone of you know a site whith weakaura strings. i often start searching google for specific boss fights and often these strings are old and wont work anymore.
03-15-14, 12:34 PM   #2
Tim
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The most help I can be is to Google but, it seems you've done that with outdated results. I'm not too sure why someone would want to go through all the trouble of essentially making boss mods using WA when there's already fully extensive boss mods out there.
Battle Tag: Mysterio#11164
Current PC Setup: PCPartPicker List
03-15-14, 12:41 PM   #3
prekabo
A Defias Bandit
a good example is klaxxi and siegecrafter, boss mods go crazy. there is one warning after another but often you need only specif once. For Example if you are target from the laser then a Weakaura could be "move left". DBM/BW only make a sound but you dont know exactly what for
03-15-14, 12:44 PM   #4
Duugu
Premium Member

Why not just copy them from DBM?
03-15-14, 03:11 PM   #5
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Well when they did that whole 'kill a project for a simple rename' thingy they left they curseforge forums behind.
http://www.wowace.com/addons/weakauras/forum/ was a good resource.

That's probably still your best bet other than looking for dedicated class /role sites (many have a weakauras, powerauras section)
03-15-14, 05:27 PM   #6
Tim
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

Originally Posted by Dridzt View Post
Well when they did that whole 'kill a project for a simple rename' thingy they left they curseforge forums behind.
http://www.wowace.com/addons/weakauras/forum/ was a good resource.

That's probably still your best bet other than looking for dedicated class /role sites (many have a weakauras, powerauras section)
That link gives a 404, think you meant http://www.wowace.com/addons/weakauras-2/forum/ ?
Battle Tag: Mysterio#11164
Current PC Setup: PCPartPicker List
03-15-14, 06:40 PM   #7
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

They probably fixed it since I posted the comment

(just to make me look bad )
03-15-14, 10:18 PM   #8
Gethe
RealUI Developer

Premium Member
Featured
Wow, and they didn't even do the slightest bit of merging. No docs in the Pages, none of the posts from the old forums...

I still used the original Weakauras forums when I needed to figure something out, since the documentation pages were incomplete in some places.

03-16-14, 08:51 AM   #9
prekabo
A Defias Bandit
I found http://sanctifiedragnaros.enjin.com/forum/viewforum/3475306/m/16051887 the guys have some good WA's for SOO. Thats exactly what i was looking for
03-16-14, 12:11 PM   #10
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
To explain a little on what happened, the WA author created a new repo (with all that comes with it) for WeakAuras2, rather than just using the pre-existing WeakAuras project page and upgrading the version to 2.0. This caused a lot of confusion - people didn't know to switch to a different addon to upgrade, some had both installed at once and were confused why, etc, etc. Now, the old WeakAuras project is gone, so that users only see the one.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

03-16-14, 11:50 PM   #11
Gethe
RealUI Developer

Premium Member
Featured
Yeah it's definitely understandable why the pages were removed, and am honestly surprised it took this long to to so. I just wish some of the info was copied over to the new project.

Last edited by Gethe : 03-16-14 at 11:57 PM.
09-10-14, 01:57 PM   #12
geekyadam
A Black Drake

I've been working a lot more on fine-tuning some of my more advanced WA strings, and I was planning on putting a bunch of them in a big post here in WI or on reddit.com/r/wowui, which I frequent as well. If I do put them in a new thread here in WI, I plan on including screenshots and asking others for their strings as well.
I too, am tired of scouring the webernets in search of others' WA strings. Wonder why the WA creators/developers don't just start their own repository/database site where everyone can post WA strings and vote up/down other strings. Then there would finally be an absolute place to find tons of good [and bad] WA strings.
09-10-14, 04:19 PM   #13
Phanx
Cat.

Originally Posted by geekyadam View Post
I've been working a lot more on fine-tuning some of my more advanced WA strings, and I was planning on putting a bunch of them in a big post here in WI or on reddit.com/r/wowui, which I frequent as well. If I do put them in a new thread here in WI, I plan on including screenshots and asking others for their strings as well.
Reddit sounds like a fairly awful place to post something you intend to be used as a permanent reference, unless you are a moderator in the subreddit and can add your information to its wiki and/or put a link it the sidebar.

Originally Posted by prekabo View Post
a good example is klaxxi and siegecrafter, boss mods go crazy. there is one warning after another but often you need only specif once.
If you use BigWigs, disabling the warnings for things you don't care about is as simple as unchecking a checkbox. No idea what the situation is for DBM as I haven't used it other than very briefly back in the Burning Crusade.
09-10-14, 05:27 PM   #14
geekyadam
A Black Drake

Wink

Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
Reddit sounds like a fairly awful place to post something you intend to be used as a permanent reference, unless you are a moderator in the subreddit and can add your information to its wiki and/or put a link it the sidebar.
Well really a forum post isn't much better. Will still get old and pages and pages that people will need to sift through to find new updates and individual strings that commenters post. Honestly don't know what the best online medium would be just yet...but I like /r/wowui because you can vote things up and down so you can see how useful other people find your content. Helps you stay motivated to add more.
09-10-14, 06:26 PM   #15
Phanx
Cat.

A forum post can be stickied, though, and in my experience the search function on Reddit is not always useful.
09-11-14, 08:54 AM   #16
Wimpface
A Molten Giant

I'm personally a big fan of doing something like what the Warlock solo community have done.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...&rm=full#gid=0

Using Google Spreadsheets will let you set up categories (such as classes, and then you can add subcategories such as Resources, Auras, etc...), add trusted editors and if you couple it with something like pastebin or github gists you can easily get plaintext strings for users to import.

You can add pictures to preview too, either as just a link or as an actual part of the spreadsheet.
See here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...qcndXeXc#gid=6
09-11-14, 06:35 PM   #17
geekyadam
A Black Drake

Originally Posted by Wimpface View Post
I'm personally a big fan of doing something like what the Warlock solo community have done.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...&rm=full#gid=0

Using Google Spreadsheets will let you set up categories (such as classes, and then you can add subcategories such as Resources, Auras, etc...), add trusted editors and if you couple it with something like pastebin or github gists you can easily get plaintext strings for users to import.

You can add pictures to preview too, either as just a link or as an actual part of the spreadsheet.
See here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...qcndXeXc#gid=6
That Google Doc is pretty cool, but they really need to lock it down from anyone being able to modify it or they'll get trolled.
Cool idea but i still think a website resource would be best.
09-12-14, 12:54 AM   #18
Wimpface
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by geekyadam View Post
That Google Doc is pretty cool, but they really need to lock it down from anyone being able to modify it or they'll get trolled.
Cool idea but i still think a website resource would be best.
Which one? The second one is a private copy I made to make changes, the first one is a public one AFAIK.

You could have a team of trusted moderators keeping an eye on things and rely on the community to do most of the testing, bug reporting and submitting. Opening up a forum thread where people can submit new auras they made or found is an easy way for you to get information to put into a spreadsheet that people can easily view without trudging through pages on pages of auras.

You could do this in loads of ways but I feel like this is one of the best, and it is how I would go about it. The simplicity of it weighs up for the lack of versatility compared to a website.

Another suggestion would be something like a wiki page maybe. Follows the same logic in a slightly different format.

I'm excited no matter what direction you go in, as I'm an avid WA user myself.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Weakaura String Database