05-23-13, 12:58 PM   #1
Resike
A Pyroguard Emberseer
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Camera stuff

Is there any way you could ge the facing of the minimap character's icon relative to the current cameras position?
05-23-13, 01:27 PM   #2
Phanx
Cat.

Nope. Addons no longer have access to information about the camera's position, thanks to that addon back in WotLK that faked drawing on the 3D world to show you where to stand/move during raid encounters.

What are you actually trying to do, overall? If it's not something Blizzard doesn't want you doing (adding stuff to the 3D world) there's probably another way to do it.
05-23-13, 01:57 PM   #3
Resike
A Pyroguard Emberseer
Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
Nope. Addons no longer have access to information about the camera's position, thanks to that addon back in WotLK that faked drawing on the 3D world to show you where to stand/move during raid encounters.

What are you actually trying to do, overall? If it's not something Blizzard doesn't want you doing (adding stuff to the 3D world) there's probably another way to do it.
Yeah i remeber about AVR and changes it made. But i only need 2D information not the whole x, y, z positon of the camera.

I would like to rotate a model, based on the player's facing and the current camera position.
05-24-13, 12:30 AM   #4
ravagernl
Proceritate Corporis
Premium Member
GetPlayerFacing returns a number, 0 for north, and increasing counterclockwise. As Phanx said, there is no way to get camera info

Last edited by ravagernl : 05-24-13 at 12:34 AM.
05-24-13, 03:31 AM   #5
Resike
A Pyroguard Emberseer
I see, too bad it limits such an awsome functions.

My other question is then, could you rotate the model in the x axis then? WoW Model Viewer is capable of it, i'm not sure it's a protected function for addons or not.
05-24-13, 11:57 AM   #6
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Of course. http://wowprogramming.com/docs/widge...el/SetRotation
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

05-24-13, 12:23 PM   #7
Resike
A Pyroguard Emberseer
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
Yeah, i'm familiar with that but thats on the y axis (well depends on how do you name them) i want something similar but on the x.
05-24-13, 05:14 PM   #8
semlar
A Pyroguard Emberseer

You can only rotate a model about one axis.
05-24-13, 07:20 PM   #9
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
On the page I linked: "however, since the PlayerModel object displays a unit's model, this method is provided to allow for animating the rotation using the model's built-in animations for turning right and left."
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

05-25-13, 10:50 AM   #10
Resike
A Pyroguard Emberseer
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
On the page I linked: "however, since the PlayerModel object displays a unit's model, this method is provided to allow for animating the rotation using the model's built-in animations for turning right and left."
Well i tried both SetRotation and SetFacing, but non of them animated the left and right turning.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » Camera stuff