09-21-12, 08:09 AM   #1
lerb
A Frostmaul Preserver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Good ol' times

Yes, you might have seen this before but it is yet as awesome and nostalgic. This video features all-time master Alliance city Stormwind against Doom Lord Kazzak of the Burning Legion.

Watch and behold, ladies and gentlemen, as the fight between the chaos-spreading Legion and the city of humans rages on! All caught on camera, a few years ago!

http://youtu.be/Jl0VWJdE01M
09-21-12, 08:23 AM   #2
Vlad
A Molten Giant

Sadly Shadow Bolt Volley was never as awesome as his!

By the way, almost no one will really understand what is going on, except the obvious boss going rampage in Stormwind, thus I explain as well as I can:

1. Highlord Kruul was only around for the opening of the Dark Portal event, so it's kind of a off-topic thing to mention (noticed this in the video description), anyway.

2. Lord Kazzak was before TBC, when he was moved to Outland and became Doom Lord Kazzak.

3. You could kite Lord Kazzak, like any other world boss back then, and many did even when the penalty was being banned.

4. Lord Kazzak had a couple of unique abilities that made him very fun to kite to Stormwind City, first of all he will enrage after 3 minutes fight, causing him to cast Shadow Bolt Volley each second. In addition he will randomly curse someone and each damage received healed Kazzak for 25000. If something died he was healed 75000, pets, totems, NPCs, you name it.

5. Shadow Bolt Volley has a huge radius, I believe it was 80 yards but not exactly sure by this point. It couldn't be resisted at all, only immunities helped. It didn't care if you were in combat with him or if you were hiding out of his line of sight, if hit you would now be in combat with him and be considered for his "applied to random target" abilities, Twisted Reflection (heals Kazzak when the debuffed takes damage) and Mark of Kazzak (drains mana, when out of mana you explode and hurt everyone around you).

6. Guards attacked bosses and mobs, meaning if you kite something to town the guards started to help kill it, not exactly helping reset the boss once it reaches the city.

Not sure why but I always remembered something about him spamming Shadow Bolt Volley if too many players were too close too, couldn't find this on the wiki myself so I didn't want to state something that may be false, in any case back in vanilla we let others try first, and we stood far away in case, so nothing wrong happened. Not to mention his abilities had huge ranges so better be safe than sorry.

Last edited by Vlad : 09-21-12 at 08:41 AM.
09-21-12, 10:58 AM   #3
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
I would also like to add that sometimes he'd be there for *hours* and the GMs would have to step in.

/edit: and, as mentioned, this is just Lord Kazzak, not Doom Lord Kazzak.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

09-21-12, 12:07 PM   #4
Motig
A Fallenroot Satyr

Talking about pulling mobs to Stormwind!

There was also a neat quest NPC in Blasted Lands, a female orc, who could only die by using a quest item on her. She summoned Infernals as long as she had mana and was also very fun to kite to the King's room as no one was able to take her down!
09-22-12, 12:10 AM   #5
lerb
A Frostmaul Preserver

Haha I'm glad some people find this as amusing as I do Of course, it's Lord Kazzak, my mistake. I was still pretty fresh back at the time.

Oh and Motig, that quest-NPC, she doesn't happen to still be around? Do we know of any powerful NPCs nowadays that could be kited to, well.. Crowded areas?
09-22-12, 12:59 AM   #6
Coote
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Anybody remember seeing Anachronos being kited? I remember back on Aerie Peak in late BC when a bunch of Boomkins kited him, and by the time they got to Thousand Needles, there was a huge parade on the way, quadrupling in size with each zone it passed through until they got him to Org. They got him all the way to Thrall's room.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWKkSVF_HpM

"This is the fifteen-thousandth four hundredth and ninety-eighth occurence".
09-22-12, 01:51 AM   #7
lerb
A Frostmaul Preserver

Nice one! And the guards didn't care! Neither did the Warchief

World bosses in MoP is going to be great fun. Not because of kiting, simply because it's not instanced. It gives it another feeling, I guess. I never killed any world bosses back in the days but running up and dying to that dragon in Hinterlands will always be a great memory of the game

Last edited by lerb : 09-22-12 at 01:52 AM. Reason: Wrong title for Thrall (Warlord.. Pft)
09-22-12, 02:19 AM   #8
Coote
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Originally Posted by lerb View Post
World bosses in MoP is going to be great fun. Not because of kiting, simply because it's not instanced. It gives it another feeling, I guess.
I'm really looking forward to this. I probably won't see much action on Kirin Tor, but I know I'll be on the front lines with my guild on Arthas, ganking people trying to down them. >=)

09-22-12, 01:34 PM   #9
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Don't worry, I'm sure we can take a field trip on KT.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

09-22-12, 01:41 PM   #10
Coote
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
Don't worry, I'm sure we can take a field trip on KT.
Oh, I meant the ganking. I highly doubt many Horde will be PVP flagged while trying to take them on, but I know on Arthas, Alliance will always be flagged. =)

WoWInterface » General Discussion » General WoW Chat » Good ol' times