06-20-06, 03:45 AM   #1
Naiji
Custom Textures...

I've searched all over for the answer to this but haven't found it.

I'm using Discord Unit Frames and am trying to make some custom textures for the HP/Mana bars. Unfortunately, some of the textures just won't display.

I've created the images with dimensions in multiples of two. I've saved them as 32-bit .tga files with no compression. Each one has an alpha channel. I'm using Photoshop CS2 and I create every image exactly the same and save them exactly the same, but still some don't work.

For example, I had an image that was 80 pixels wide and 160 pixels high. It was filled with a horizontal gradient (left to right - light grey to dark grey). The alpha channel simply alternated opaque rows (basically just a single pixel white, then black, then white, etc. Like a digital bar). It wouldn't show up.

However, I reopened the SAME image, deleted the alpha channel (er rather filled it black) and just scribbled randomly with the brush using white (in the alpha channel) and resaved it. Then it worked fine!

What the heck is going on? There's obviously something I'm missing but for the life of me I can't seem to figure it out :/
09-12-06, 05:53 PM   #2
maybe1day
A Kobold Labourer
Hello Naiji ...

"I've created the images with dimensions in multiples of two. "

- The images need to have dimensions in powers of two... 2,4,8,16,32,64... this should fix your problem.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Graphics Help » Custom Textures...