11-08-14, 04:13 AM   #1
Lightheaded90
A Defias Bandit
Shadowed Unit Frames: Boss frames not showing

Hello,

I recently downloaded Suf and it was working fine up until today, now suddenly my boss frames aren't showing. They are enabled and I can see the frames when I unlock all frames, but in a bossfight they're not there. Does anyone have any experience with this? In the images below you can see that I have it enabled and that they show up when I unlock my frames.

http://imgur.com/98MIb41
http://imgur.com/pLPZdYt

EDIT:
Swatter caught some errors
Date: 2014-11-08 10:32:32
ID: -11
Error occured in: AddOn: ShadowedUnitFrames
Count: 2
Message: Note: AddOn ShadowedUnitFrames attempted to call a protected function (SUFHeaderbossUnitButton1:Show()) during combat lockdown.

This same error occurs for a lot of Suf's frames.

Last edited by Lightheaded90 : 11-08-14 at 04:28 AM.
11-08-14, 04:45 AM   #2
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
It's probably not SUF causing the problem, but some other addon interfering. Try disabling all your other addons and see if you still have the problem; you can test with a boss in an old instance if necessary.
11-08-14, 06:50 AM   #3
Lightheaded90
A Defias Bandit
Update: It seems that the boss frames aren't showing only in certain instances. So far, no instances from level 54-60 have shown frames, but I tried going to Deadmines and there it worked just fine.
11-08-14, 10:38 AM   #4
Tonyleila
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Lightheaded90 View Post
Update: It seems that the boss frames aren't showing only in certain instances. So far, no instances from level 54-60 have shown frames, but I tried going to Deadmines and there it worked just fine.
Have you tested if blizzard is showing them as Bossframes in the default ui? If not then SUF can't show them too.
11-08-14, 08:26 PM   #5
Smashbolt
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Not all instance bosses will show up on the boss frames. I think you'll always get them for instance boss from Cata or later (this includes dungeons that were remade in Cata, like Deadmines). For anything pre-Cata, I think they only show up when you have more than one boss at a time, like Blood Council in ICC.
11-09-14, 01:18 AM   #6
Resike
A Pyroguard Emberseer
Actually i havn't found a workaround to show/hide/move boss frames in combat lockdown, and addons aren't allowed to do that, even if they use the boss frame template. And in some cases the boss frames can be modified before the system locks down, and in come cases it's impossible, so the taint will occour.
11-09-14, 07:14 AM   #7
Phanx
Cat.

Originally Posted by Resike View Post
Actually i havn't found a workaround to show/hide/move boss frames in combat lockdown, and addons aren't allowed to do that, ...
I don't think that's relevant, as I'm pretty sure Shadowed is not actually trying to call :Hide() and :Show() on secure frames in combat. Based on the OP's description, it sounds like some other addon is touching something it shouldn't, and ruining things for everyone else.
11-09-14, 08:21 AM   #8
Resike
A Pyroguard Emberseer
Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
I don't think that's relevant, as I'm pretty sure Shadowed is not actually trying to call :Hide() and :Show() on secure frames in combat. Based on the OP's description, it sounds like some other addon is touching something it shouldn't, and ruining things for everyone else.
Well you can't be sure, since not that long ago thoose frames were not as protected as they are now.

Actually here is the function which hide the frames:

Lua Code:
  1. local function hideBlizzardFrames(taint, ...)
  2.     for i=1, select("#", ...) do
  3.         local frame = select(i, ...)
  4.         frame:UnregisterAllEvents()
  5.         frame:Hide()
  7.         if( frame.manabar ) then frame.manabar:UnregisterAllEvents() end
  8.         if( frame.healthbar ) then frame.healthbar:UnregisterAllEvents() end
  9.         if( frame.spellbar ) then frame.spellbar:UnregisterAllEvents() end
  10.         if( frame.powerBarAlt ) then frame.powerBarAlt:UnregisterAllEvents() end
  12.         if( taint ) then
  13.             frame.Show = ShadowUF.noop
  14.         else
  15.             frame:SetParent(ShadowUF.hiddenFrame)
  16.             frame:HookScript("OnShow", rehideFrame)
  17.         end
  18.     end
  19. end

And here is the call:

Lua Code:
  1. for i=1, MAX_BOSS_FRAMES do
  2.             local name = "Boss" .. i .. "TargetFrame"
  3.             hideBlizzardFrames(false, _G[name], _G[name .. "HealthBar"], _G[name .. "ManaBar"])
  4.         end

Last edited by Resike : 11-09-14 at 08:27 AM.
11-09-14, 09:29 AM   #9
Phanx
Cat.

Re-read the first post. The taint error is occuring on SUFHeaderbossUnitButton1, which is one of the custom boss frames created by Shadowed Unit Frames, which the poster wants to see. The code you posted is hiding the default boss frames, which the poster (presumably) does not care about. Even if that code you posted is called in combat (and I'm pretty sure it's not) it would have absolutely no effect on other unit frames displaying the same units, and it would be producing a very different error message.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Shadowed Unit Frames: Boss frames not showing