10-18-14, 05:31 PM   #1
Slurpslurp
A Defias Bandit
Help me...

I have download We Don't Wipe and the module for DK Frost. Unzip both and copied We Don't Wipe in the folder Interface/Addons and after copied module DK Frost in the subfolder Modules. Start World of Warcraft and before you press the "Enter World", I press the button "AddOns" to verify its presence in the list. Everything is ok. Once you're in the game, I press ESC, and then I select Interface, AddOns but it does not appear in the list. Because? I something wrong or are there other problems.
Thanks
10-18-14, 09:24 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
After seeing them in the addons list (at the character select screen), did you also make sure that they are enabled for your character?
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

10-19-14, 01:52 PM   #3
Slurpslurp
A Defias Bandit
Uhm...

I downloaded the following files: WeDontWipe.zip and DeathKnightFrost.zip. In the addons list (on the character selection screen) is WeDontWipe but when you enter the game does not appear to be in the list of addons (ESC then Interface Addons and then)
10-19-14, 03:20 PM   #4
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I am starting to wonder if the addon itself is bugged in some way. You might want to post this on the We Don't Wipe addon page so that the author knows that you are having a problem. I tried loading it with the FrostMage module and it error'd out which then meant it didn't get to create the options.

Did your Death Knight Frost Module error out when you logged in ? If so that is why the menu isn't appearing and you should report it as a problem.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818
10-19-14, 07:44 PM   #5
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Slurpslurp View Post
I press ESC, and then I select Interface, AddOns but it does not appear in the list.
The Interface > AddOns section isn't necessarily a list of all addons you have installed. It's simply a place where addons can put their options. Many addons use it, but some don't. If your addon shows up in the new in-game addon manager (press Esc, click the AddOns button instead of Interface) then it's loaded into the game, so either it doesn't use the standard options location, or something's going wrong after it's loaded.

If you're sure the addon in question puts its options in Interface > AddOns, you can install Bugger to check for error messages. (Yes, there's a "Show Lua errors" option in the default UI, but it won't show you errors that happen early in the loading process, so it's not very useful.)

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Help me...