04-07-10, 02:59 AM   #1
Jahda
A Murloc Raider

simple bars above mobs

hello all,

I would like to know if someone could tell me what addons deal with bars above mobs heads? I mean some addon that improves Blizz horrific and enormous bars.

What i would need at best would be an addon that allows to remove all informations and graphical stuff that are not exculsively "health". That means a totally minimalistic rectangle, which size and color i can configure.
What by the way would be perfect would be if i could add or replace this bar by an aggro rage. For multitanking it would be cool, as well as for aoe dpsing ^^

I used to know one addon that did that but unfortunately it never was up-to-date, and was using a lot of graphical performance.

Thanks for your help, and c u later !

Jahda
04-07-10, 03:20 AM   #2
Torhal
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You want VirtualPlates.

Author of NPCScan and many other AddOns.
04-07-10, 03:43 AM   #3
Byakko
A Fallenroot Satyr
Actually, VirtualPlates just gives the illusion of depth. It does not alter the appearance of the plates.

I think what you want is Tidy Plates. specifically with the Clean Plates theme. It has the look I think you're looking for, and allows sizing customization and for specific units (mostly for a PvP purpose but check it out).
04-07-10, 04:00 AM   #4
sakurakira
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Check out many popular ones, complete with screenshots, on Vranx.
04-07-10, 04:38 AM   #5
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

The bar above mobs is called a "Nameplate"

You can do a search for Nameplates on this site or:

Originally Posted by sakurakira View Post
Check out many popular ones, complete with screenshots, on Vranx.
Check out the above mentioned site. I can vouch for Vranx's site as he does a nice short writeup of each mod and then links back to the mod's host site.

Popular nameplate mods include

TidyPlates (many different layouts available)
Aloft (a bit weighty however it adds a lot of functionality to the nameplates
caelNameplates (minimalist reskin of the default NamePlates)

However there are plenty more NamePlate mods so just search on our site or check out Vranx's site.
04-07-10, 08:52 AM   #6
nightcracker
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Zyonin View Post
I can vouch for Vranx's site as he does a nice short writeup of each mod
He just copied the description found on WoWI for ncNameplates
04-07-10, 09:37 AM   #7
Fodaro
A Cyclonian

Docs UI Nameplates is very minimalistic, and very configurable. You might want to try it.
04-07-10, 11:28 AM   #8
acapela
A Cobalt Mageweaver
the Aloft FAQ maintains a list here.
Zippy said it best: "All life is a BLUR of Republicans and Meat!"
04-30-10, 01:51 AM   #9
Jahda
A Murloc Raider

Presently i'm using DocsUI Nameplates for multitarget aggro management, and it's quite efficient, but i was actually wondering if maybe there was one addon that i didn't try which allows to keep the color given to "tanked mob" if the mob is effectively tanked by the second or third tank of the gorup?

I mean, being warned that you don't tank a mob isn't interesting if this mob is tanked by someone whose role is to do it. And always having all the mobs on oneself isn't a very comfortable thing for the healers. Ain't not easy anyways to keeep them all on you against the DPS. I suppose you see what i mean ...
04-30-10, 04:30 AM   #10
danltiger
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by Jahda View Post
Presently i'm using DocsUI Nameplates for multitarget aggro management, and it's quite efficient, but i was actually wondering if maybe there was one addon that i didn't try which allows to keep the color given to "tanked mob" if the mob is effectively tanked by the second or third tank of the gorup?

I mean, being warned that you don't tank a mob isn't interesting if this mob is tanked by someone whose role is to do it. And always having all the mobs on oneself isn't a very comfortable thing for the healers. Ain't not easy anyways to keeep them all on you against the DPS. I suppose you see what i mean ...
The original Blizzard 'donor' nameplate (which all nameplate addons use) doesn't tell us anything about the current target (other than letting you know if it's you), so we rely on unitid and API functions to glean this information. That means, it's usually necessary to mouseover a nameplate to update that information. I'm not sure if DOCs does it this way, but here's what Tidy Plates offers in the way of multi-tanking: Tug-o-Threat widget
04-30-10, 11:21 AM   #11
Jahda
A Murloc Raider

whoot. That seems so phat... i'm gonna try it right away and give you my feelings, if you care about it naturally

thx due for time spent answering (and for mind using ^^ )

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » simple bars above mobs