10-11-12, 07:58 AM   #1
funbuns
A Kobold Labourer
Noob question about buffs

How do I remove the buffs from the carbonite mini map?

10-11-12, 02:00 PM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
What buffs? Can you explain more about what you mean, or perhaps post a screen shot?

One other thing:
Carbonite has one map and it is either maximized (large, like Blizzards World Map) or minimized (minimap sized but NOT the minimap). Blizzard gives us three maps: The Minimap (found in the upper right corner of your screen), the World Map (the big map) and the Zone (sometimes referred to as the Battleground) Map. A technicality, to be sure, but it occasionally helps to use the correct terms when explaining something.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

10-11-12, 02:22 PM   #3
MorningAfter
A Murloc Raider
Doesn't Carbonite have 2 maps? The main map, either maximized or minimized then a minimap which can appear as a small square in the minimized map, or cover the minimized map? This is something I have been struggling with. I can;t get the settings to show the way I would like. For example when I am in a cave, Blizzard's minimap would show the cave, however carbonite still shows the zone map. But if I check maximize minimap indoors there are other times when it shows that I don;t want, I think in cities for example. The other time is carbonite doesn't work as expected in instances basically I would like the minimized map in the upper right corner to act like Blizzards minimap. Oh and there is some combination of options when the minimap takes up like 1/2 of the maximized carbonite map.

Thanks,

10-11-12, 05:42 PM   #4
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by MorningAfter View Post
Doesn't Carbonite have 2 maps? The main map, either maximized or minimized then a minimap which can appear as a small square in the minimized map, or cover the minimized map? This is something I have been struggling with. I can;t get the settings to show the way I would like. For example when I am in a cave, Blizzard's minimap would show the cave, however carbonite still shows the zone map. But if I check maximize minimap indoors there are other times when it shows that I don;t want, I think in cities for example. The other time is carbonite doesn't work as expected in instances basically I would like the minimized map in the upper right corner to act like Blizzards minimap. Oh and there is some combination of options when the minimap takes up like 1/2 of the maximized carbonite map.

Thanks,
Yeah, since WoW 5.0.4 went live, the merged maps have been.... problematical, at least for me. I mean, it mostly works the way it used to, but there are times...... But, hey, Rythal's working on it, so I'm going to hang in there and continue using Carbonite. He'll get it straightened back out eventually.

The "minimap" that appears in the Carbonite minimized map is actually Blizzards Minimap, and is only there if you choose to merge the maps. You can un-merge them at any time just by opening Carbonites options to the "Map Minimap" page, and unchecking the first option "Move Minimap into Carbonite map (reload required)". If you choose to do that, you might also want to uncheck the second option, but I'm not sure if that's necessary.

While the maps are merged, you can also physically offset the Blizzard Minimap, using the options on the "Map Minimap" page, to put the Blizz Minimap completely outside of the Carbonite minimized map. "X" offsets are horizontal and "Y" offsets are vertical.

You can try unchecking the option for "Minimap docks in indoor areas", but keep the "Minimap toggles full size for indoor areas (not in cities)" option checked.

Also make sure the "Minimap toggles full size for instances" option is checked.

For your Carbonite maximized map problem, make sure the "Minimap docks always" option is not checked. You might want to check the option for "Minimap docks when map in maximized" if you want to still see the minimap when you maximize the Carbonite map. If you don't, do not check the previously mentioned option and check the "Minimap hides when map is maximized" option instead.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

10-12-12, 01:21 PM   #5
MorningAfter
A Murloc Raider
Thanks for the great reply. I will check into those options. As for the OP I wonder if he means the buff bar is covered / covering the minimized map. Only thing I know of is to resize the minimized map a bit to allow room for the buff bar. I don;t think there is anyway to move the buff bar with the default ui.

Speaking of the default UI, there used to be an option to remove the Gryphons on the action bars. Can;t seem to find that one anymore.

10-12-12, 03:11 PM   #6
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Try No Gryphons for that. I use Dominos for my action bars, and it just trashes the Gryphons.

If it's a problem with the default buff bar, you can use something like MoveAnything MoP to move it.

Last edited by jeffy162 : 10-12-12 at 03:20 PM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Noob question about buffs