01-26-10, 08:58 AM   #1
Kngarthur
A Murloc Raider
Professions database

Let me start off by apologizing now. I'm sure its in here somewhere (at least a similar topic) but after sorting through 40 some pages I didn't find one.

I have every proff. maxed out in the game & am looking for a mod to store the links from each of my alts to be accessed by whichever toon I am on at that time. So if a friend or client sends me a whisper if I have that pattern or such, I can just open the database & link him a proff. hyperlink of my alts proff.

Carbonite has this feature in it's wharehouse funtion but I really have no use for Carbonite anymore & was looking for a mod w/ only this funtionality. If it had the ability of auto responding w/ /commands like !blacksmithing , all the better.

If there isn't such a mod, np. I will just continue to use Carbonite.

Thank you for your time.
01-26-10, 09:13 AM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I think Altoholic had that stuff built into it. Can't remember how detailed it was though.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818
01-26-10, 09:18 AM   #3
Kngarthur
A Murloc Raider
TYVM I will check it out.
01-26-10, 09:32 AM   #4
Bornabe
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Armory has a little bit of a better design for what you're looking for, with a nice LDB display as well. Also make sure you get Ackis Recipe List & Gnomish Yellow Pages.
01-26-10, 09:42 AM   #5
Kngarthur
A Murloc Raider
TYVM also for your reply. I have downloaded both Altoholics & Armory along w/ the 2 accompanying additional mods. Just waiting for server maintenance to end so I can thoroughly test both. I appreciate all the suggestions
01-26-10, 10:00 AM   #6
yj589794
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard
MrTrader (available on curse and wowace) is an LDB launcher that only stores your profession links, rather than all your character information.

A word of warning though, the latest version also change the look of all trade skill windows. This is something that I find really, really annoying and so I use version 0.4.9 which does not include all the window modifications.
01-26-10, 10:10 AM   #7
Kngarthur
A Murloc Raider
TY also. Just downloaded 0.4.9 MrTrader to test it out also.
01-26-10, 10:10 AM   #8
Bornabe
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

I'm gonna try out MrTrader, I use DoubleWide Professions, which is nice, but I've always wanted an easier way without using Advanced Tradeskill Window or Skillet to sift 'n sort through the types of things I can make in my tradeskills... that actually looks promising.
01-26-10, 10:47 AM   #9
Khisanth
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
For MrTrader you can uncheck (disable) built-in tradskill windows and gets Blizzard 's one back
01-26-10, 11:06 AM   #10
Kngarthur
A Murloc Raider
TY I will check that.
01-26-10, 11:28 AM   #11
Jzar
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

There's also Toons and Ara Broker Tradeskills.

Toons is like Altoholic, but much more compact. The problem with it is that it was added onto the same frame the Raid window is on, and it taints it making so that you can't adjust players in raids while in combat.

Ara Broker Tradeskills will requires an LDB display like Titan Panel or Fortress, and will track your current toon's professions, cooldowns, and weapon skills, as well as alts' professions. If you already have an LDB display built into your UI, I think you would find this mod quite ideal.
01-26-10, 11:37 AM   #12
Kngarthur
A Murloc Raider
TY Checking it out also.
01-26-10, 01:19 PM   #13
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Ara Broker Tradeskills is what I use. Note that you will need a data broker display (many are found in the same download category) if you do not have one already.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Professions database