Quantcast Unzipping advice - WoWInterface
Thread Tools Display Modes
08-16-17, 06:02 PM   #1
Bboy1948
A Murloc Raider
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 7
Unzipping advice

In my addon folder I have Carbonite, Carbonite.Quests & Carbonite.Social folders ... I dl GitHub Master ... how do I proceed with the unzipping?

Sorry if this is posted somewhere ... didn't see a relative thread title ... he** at 69 yo lucky to still enjoy WOW, D3 etc.
  Reply With Quote
08-16-17, 08:00 PM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer
 
jeffy162's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,246
If you are a Windows user, you should have a built-in zip utility. Just unzip the file and copy it to where your addons are located in your WoW folder.
__________________
Ahhhh, the vagueries of the aging mind. Wait.... What was I saying?


Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.

Last edited by jeffy162 : 08-16-17 at 08:03 PM.
  Reply With Quote
08-16-17, 10:39 PM   #3
ircdirk
A Molten Giant
 
ircdirk's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 612
Originally Posted by Bboy1948 View Post
In my addon folder I have Carbonite, Carbonite.Quests & Carbonite.Social folders ... I dl GitHub Master ... how do I proceed with the unzipping?

Sorry if this is posted somewhere ... didn't see a relative thread title ... he** at 69 yo lucky to still enjoy WOW, D3 etc.
Better use Twitch/Curse app and select Alpha updates under Carbonite and its modules.
  Reply With Quote
08-17-17, 04:23 PM   #4
Bboy1948
A Murloc Raider
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 7
Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
If you are a Windows user, you should have a built-in zip utility. Just unzip the file and copy it to where your addons are located in your WoW folder.
Thanks for posting.

Yes, I have W10 and know how to unzip ... my question was relative to "do I just leave those existing folders in there?" And ... Do I unzip the whole folder I downloaded ... or just the contents into one of the existing folders ... or separate from those folders?
  Reply With Quote
08-17-17, 04:30 PM   #5
Bboy1948
A Murloc Raider
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 7
Originally Posted by ircdirk View Post
Better use Twitch/Curse app and select Alpha updates under Carbonite and its modules.
I have Twitch ... Did not see an Alpha selection.

Problem is my Quest module only works for some things ... sometimes not at all ... map & minimap issues, too.

I think I saw a thread somewhere here that listed conflicting addons ... I will check that out and/or just start disabling other addons (even though night b4 last eve4rything worked fine.
  Reply With Quote
08-17-17, 11:35 PM   #6
Bboy1948
A Murloc Raider
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 7
Got everything working (not sure how) ... only annoying thing is what looks like a magnifying glass over part of the minimap & map. I'm sure it's a setting somewhere ... anyone know where?

TIA
  Reply With Quote
08-20-17, 06:48 AM   #7
Bboy1948
A Murloc Raider
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 7
Atlas addons do not mesh w/Carbonite ... removed them and I'm fine now. Hope that helps anyone else having issues.
  Reply With Quote

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite: General Discussion » Unzipping advice

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off