06-02-11, 03:23 PM   #1
taheen74
A Cyclonian
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Spell procs

The default bars always do a proc when a spell/shot come up from a talent (think lock and load- an SV hunter explosive shot is an important aspect for the spec). How do I get the RDX bars to give me the same effect?
06-03-11, 01:52 AM   #2
sigg
Featured Artist

Featured
Hi taheen74,
Are you talking about cooldowns ?
06-03-11, 06:32 AM   #3
Narinka
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
I think he talks about action bars.
06-03-11, 08:13 AM   #4
taheen74
A Cyclonian
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Narinka View Post
I think he talks about action bars.
This right here. The biggest reason I liked bar addons like bartender/dominoes is because they acted the way the standard UI bars did in terms of- for example- if Lock and Load procs for a hunter, Explosive Shot would light up on the action bar..letting me know the proc has gone off. With my hunter, I have things setup within my line of sight, so the bar lighting up like this is an advantage to me. I don't have the patience to setup another addon just to see procs.

I spent half the evening racking my pea sized brain trying to figure out how to get the RDX bars to react like that. Biggest reason I'm trying RDX out (for the 5th time), is for all the potential I see in it plus, I don't have to have 50 million addons depending on character. (In other words I don't want to have to go back to dominoes on two dps characters because I can't figure this out).

Also one other note. I was trying to set up the boyfriends rogue last night with an RDX setup, however, the biggest issue I noticed with him was with his weapons. For some reason, RDX refuses to see his offhand weapon (meaning he has one type of poison on the main hand and a different one on the offhand). RDX kept putting the main hand poison countdown twice in the buff bar. I could not get it to count the offhand weapon in the buff bar (I even sent a copy of his setup to my rogue to see if it was just an individual problem; same thing was happening on my rogue).

Last edited by taheen74 : 06-03-11 at 08:16 AM.
06-03-11, 12:54 PM   #5
sigg
Featured Artist

Featured
It is not lightning up, but you could see the border color swicth to orange.
it is in my todo list to make this light up like how the bar is currently work.
In RDX, I choose to rewrite the action bar entirely, not using the standard Blizzard buton design.

About the weapons enchant, it is a bug from Blizzard in the aurasecure engine. I can't do anything for that and it seems Blizzard don't care about this problem.

In the file SecuredGroupHeader.lua line 760
local slot = GetInventorySlotInfo("MainHandSlot");

must be replace by
local slot = GetInventorySlotInfo("OffHandSlot");

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » OpenRDX » OpenRDX Community » OpenRDX: Community Chat » Spell procs