01-03-12, 05:15 PM   #1
Kithhurrn
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Odd conflict with nUI+ and LTP

Been having a problem with the Alternate Power Bar either not appearing at all or it appears in the default locations...which puts it right in the middle of nUI's dashboard over the minimap and some of the buttons on the action bars. I figured it was my bag addon (was using Bagnon without the Bagnon Forever module, then switched to BaudBag) but those actually worked fine with just nUI+. I started testing specific addons with just that addon and nUI+ (current release) active. Seems the culprit is Leatrix Plus and I have no idea why. I did post over to the LTP forum as well to see if they had any suggestion and will update here when they have a chance to look at it.

BTW-my testing location is the Whack-a-Gnoll and/or shooting gallery games at Darkmoon Faire .

01-03-12, 08:20 PM   #2
Kithhurrn
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Followup info on previous post. Using just nUI+ version 5.07.24 and Leatrix Plus version 4.3.07 the bar that nUI movers labels as "Alternate Power Bar" is located over the middle of nUI's dashboard...even tho nUI movers shows that it has been relocated to be above the stance and action bars. Attaching SS to give you an idea of what I'm talking about ;p.

1st 3 (2nd is without nUI movers up just to show a clear shot of the Alternate Action Bar gfx location) are from DMF since the dailies there seem to use rather large bars. And as you can see they cover a significant portion of the nUI dashboard. Last SS is in Maw of Madness in Twilight Highlands. In all cases you can see where nUI movers says the bar should be and where the gfx for the bar actually appears. Will attach SS in separate post to show locations with LTP turned off.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DMF nUI & LTP 1.jpg
Views:	471
Size:	256.0 KB
ID:	6694  Click image for larger version

Name:	DMF nUI & LTP 2.jpg
Views:	478
Size:	293.3 KB
ID:	6695  Click image for larger version

Name:	DMF nUI & LTP 3.jpg
Views:	456
Size:	281.8 KB
ID:	6696  Click image for larger version

Name:	Maw nUI & LTP 1.jpg
Views:	454
Size:	215.2 KB
ID:	6697  

01-03-12, 08:23 PM   #3
Kithhurrn
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
And as promised, these are the SS of the Alternate Power Bar with only nUI+. The bar gfx is where nUI movers indicates it should be and not covering the middle of my dashboard ;p.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DMF nUI only 1.jpg
Views:	448
Size:	251.4 KB
ID:	6698  Click image for larger version

Name:	Maw nUI only 1.jpg
Views:	449
Size:	199.3 KB
ID:	6699  

01-03-12, 08:44 PM   #4
Kithhurrn
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
So FYI for anyone using nUI and Leatrix Plus...seems there's an option in LTP under Frames to "Enable Frame Customization". If that is checked it will override nUI's movers. Might also override other custom movers as well. Odd that it just suddenly started to act up since everything was playing nice together Sunday and I haven't changed settings on anything in a couple of weeks but so it goes. Too bad it isn't as easy to get the Heroic Will button to show up...all would be golden then ;p.

01-03-12, 09:19 PM   #5
Daveo77
Premium Member

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I use Leatrix Plus with nUI v5.07.24 (Lite), and had no issues. Tho I have never had 'Enable Frame Customisation' enabled, purely because I knew nUI was managing them.

01-04-12, 01:50 AM   #6
Kithhurrn
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I apparently did not pay attention a few weeks ago to what I was setting since I normally do not have that option in LTP set. Tho after verifying with the author that that option actually is a frame mover (figured from the naming it was but it does't hurt to verify these things) I'm confused as to why I wasn't able to use LTP to move that particular bar with the option enabled. Probably just wasn't using the proper commands to access the mover. But since nUI allows me to move everything I need to rearrange, unchecking the option in LTP isn't an issue. Not having the features (especially the automations) of LTP was a bit aggravating so very happy that it was an easy fix. On the plus side...wound up taking a very close look at all my addons and weeding out several that were either redundant or just plain not needed any more. Interface folder is much slimmer now. As long as my standard raid 'alphabet' (nUI, SBF, DBM, LTP) and tanking addons work fine I'm a happy camper.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » Odd conflict with nUI+ and LTP