06-17-13, 06:44 PM   #1941
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Nozumi View Post
not sure this has been addressed probably has, but is anyone else getting screen lockups, game will stop working for a bit then it comes back again.
Try disabling the WatchFrame Adv module, see if that helps:
/real > Advanced > Advanced Settings > Modules > WatchFrame > untick Enable

Originally Posted by Skyotter View Post
Nib ty for the fast responses!!! I had one last concern.

You created a new bars that tracked things like my Lunar Shower and my Moonfire and Sunfire (Balance Druid). Is there a way I can edit them to track Natures Grace as well? For PvE, tracking Natures Grace is more important than tracking Lunar Shower (LS).

LS tracking is more of a PvP thing and heavy Multi-Dotting fights.
See below for which file to edit. I'll make these changes myself for next update.

06-17-13, 11:59 PM   #1942
Valixx
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by Nibelheim View Post
Try disabling the WatchFrame Adv module, see if that helps:
/real > Advanced > Advanced Settings > Modules > WatchFrame > untick Enable

See below for which file to edit. I'll make these changes myself for next update.
Not everyone has those problems. I don't have them while my brother has it. Don't know what's causing this.

06-18-13, 12:12 AM   #1943
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by Valixx View Post
Not everyone has those problems. I don't have them while my brother has it. Don't know what's causing this.
Tis a mystery, to be sure. Do you know if your brother's problems are fixed after disabling that module? Trying to narrow down what exactly is causing it.

It's possible it's a particular type of quest that's instigating the issue, but I tend to not think so.

06-18-13, 12:46 AM   #1944
ummoftgo
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
/real > Advanced > AddOn Control > untick Style for KuiNameplates
Thank you!

06-18-13, 01:33 AM   #1945
Gloks
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Just finished my first raid with realui8 beta. A few things.... I am using v8 so if you've changed these things in v9 please excuse me. The "DEAD" thing that comes up when someone dies on your raid frames is really not very good. Especially in a 25 man raid where there are multiple classes of each and you want to res a specific person.... but you cant see their name. I would really, really like for their names to be shown as well. Would make it much easier.

I don't know if it was like this in realui7 but it just seems kinda strange having my health at 100% to be my health.. and anything lower then that a percentage. Its just kinda wonky. Changing continually from health to percentage and back and fourth continually.

The black bar on the left side of the screen that pops up.... with ready checks and markers and role checks and all that. Sometimes doesn't pop up at all when your in a raid group. That's when it should be there. When you leave a raid... that menu is still there. It takes a /reload for it to disappear. Honestly I don't see the need for it personally at all with the UI. If you could get rid of it, or hide it I would suggest it. I don't know if anyone else needs it. But I sure think its useless.

Oh and my focuses debuffs didnt have the border any other debuff/buff has for a target or myself. Dont know whether or not that is intentional.

Oh and ready checks. Do ready checks show up at all? I couldnt see any ready checks on the raid frames

Last edited by Gloks : 06-18-13 at 01:47 AM.

06-18-13, 05:43 AM   #1946
Ryan91
A Defias Bandit
From the looks of it: freaking awesome! Installing it right now, then I'll test it

06-18-13, 06:05 AM   #1947
Asrarian
A Murloc Raider
noticed the unitframe under the minimap when i was doing the flying quest in halfhill

http://s117.photobucket.com/user/pap...4f6e3.jpg.html

06-18-13, 08:02 AM   #1948
rdobkins
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Gloks View Post

The black bar on the left side of the screen that pops up.... with ready checks and markers and role checks and all that. Sometimes doesn't pop up at all when your in a raid group. That's when it should be there. When you leave a raid... that menu is still there. It takes a /reload for it to disappear. Honestly I don't see the need for it personally at all with the UI. If you could get rid of it, or hide it I would suggest it. I don't know if anyone else needs it. But I sure think its useless.
I agree. I use HideRaidFrame addon to disable them.

06-18-13, 09:55 AM   #1949
zeveroare
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I disabled the "realui controls the action bars" for my druid, because I want the stance bar at the center of my screen, always visible, but that's the only char I want it for, every other char can be dealt with fine by realui, is that possible?

06-18-13, 10:11 AM   #1950
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Just finished my first raid with realui8 beta. A few things.... I am using v8 so if you've changed these things in v9 please excuse me. The "DEAD" thing that comes up when someone dies on your raid frames is really not very good. Especially in a 25 man raid where there are multiple classes of each and you want to res a specific person.... but you cant see their name. I would really, really like for their names to be shown as well. Would make it much easier.

I don't know if it was like this in realui7 but it just seems kinda strange having my health at 100% to be my health.. and anything lower then that a percentage. Its just kinda wonky. Changing continually from health to percentage and back and fourth continually.

Oh and my focuses debuffs didnt have the border any other debuff/buff has for a target or myself. Dont know whether or not that is intentional.

Oh and ready checks. Do ready checks show up at all? I couldnt see any ready checks on the raid frames
Noted on the Dead label. Borders on Focus/ToT/etc frames are intentional. Ready Checks should show up bottom left of the Raid frames (see RealUI main download page for diagram).

Originally Posted by Asrarian View Post
noticed the unitframe under the minimap when i was doing the flying quest in halfhill

http://s117.photobucket.com/user/pap...4f6e3.jpg.html
Hmm, looks like default pet frame. I wonder how that got there? :O

Originally Posted by zeveroare View Post
I disabled the "realui controls the action bars" for my druid, because I want the stance bar at the center of my screen, always visible, but that's the only char I want it for, every other char can be dealt with fine by realui, is that possible?
Not yet.

06-18-13, 12:21 PM   #1951
Gloks
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Doing the same daily as I did yesterday. The one with the water buckets and fire. Though I'd assume this is for everything and not for this specific quest. Heres the error I got today when trying to use the water bucket.

1x [ADDON_ACTION_FORBIDDEN] AddOn "nibRealUI" tried to call the protected function "UseQuestLogSpecialItem()".
!BugGrabber-r188\BugGrabber.lua:588: in function <!BugGrabber\BugGrabber.lua:588>
<in C code>
FrameXML\WatchFrame.lua:1400: in function "WatchFrameItem_OnClick"
<string>:"*:OnClick":1: in function <string>:"*:OnClick":1

Locals:
nil

It also says "nibrealui has been blocked from an action only available to the blizzard ui. You can disable this addon and reload ui"

06-18-13, 01:00 PM   #1952
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Doing the same daily as I did yesterday. The one with the water buckets and fire. Though I'd assume this is for everything and not for this specific quest. Heres the error I got today when trying to use the water bucket.

1x [ADDON_ACTION_FORBIDDEN] AddOn "nibRealUI" tried to call the protected function "UseQuestLogSpecialItem()".
!BugGrabber-r188\BugGrabber.lua:588: in function <!BugGrabber\BugGrabber.lua:588>
<in C code>
FrameXML\WatchFrame.lua:1400: in function "WatchFrameItem_OnClick"
<string>:"*:OnClick":1: in function <string>:"*:OnClick":1

Locals:
nil

It also says "nibrealui has been blocked from an action only available to the blizzard ui. You can disable this addon and reload ui"
Interesting. Is this with WatchFrame Adv enabled or disabled?

06-18-13, 01:01 PM   #1953
volt0220
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
As a warlock, I like to have my pet bar near my spell/action bar so its easier to control both. I dont like how its set to the far left...

In addition, its much harder to track ember build up... the older version was pretty handy in not having to tunnel vision ur bar to keep up with procs and DoTs... but this new design... where u have an icon with a countdown just obligates u to keep look back instead of focusing on the mechanics in a raid.

IM sure something innovative is in the works and i appreciate all the tiem put to this but so far i feel its a step back.

Last edited by volt0220 : 06-18-13 at 01:10 PM.

06-18-13, 02:08 PM   #1954
Gloks
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by volt0220 View Post
As a warlock, I like to have my pet bar near my spell/action bar so its easier to control both. I dont like how its set to the far left...

In addition, its much harder to track ember build up... the older version was pretty handy in not having to tunnel vision ur bar to keep up with procs and DoTs... but this new design... where u have an icon with a countdown just obligates u to keep look back instead of focusing on the mechanics in a raid.

IM sure something innovative is in the works and i appreciate all the tiem put to this but so far i feel its a step back.
Personally I really like it. Its not as cluttered and much more clean. However... depending on your role and class I can see how focusing on the tracker would be a problem. The pet bar all the way to the left is definitely not the best position for it in my opinion either. Esepcially for pvp, you really do need to see that bar. All comes down to practicality. Some things just arent super realistic at the moment in my opinion.

06-18-13, 02:09 PM   #1955
Gloks
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Interesting. Is this with WatchFrame Adv enabled or disabled?
Disabled I believe

06-18-13, 02:58 PM   #1956
Anj
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Personally I really like it. Its not as cluttered and much more clean. However... depending on your role and class I can see how focusing on the tracker would be a problem. The pet bar all the way to the left is definitely not the best position for it in my opinion either. Esepcially for pvp, you really do need to see that bar. All comes down to practicality. Some things just arent super realistic at the moment in my opinion.
I'm not into pvp but I'm thinking that for this case, moving unit frames closer to the center might help. For example, as a hunter, I've set my unitframes to 100. With that setting, I find it easier to track my pet and focus. Just my 1 copper.

06-18-13, 02:58 PM   #1957
volt0220
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
is there any way to position the pet bar elsewhere? its int he way of the left hand side action bar...

06-18-13, 03:14 PM   #1958
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by volt0220 View Post
is there any way to position the pet bar elsewhere? its int he way of the left hand side action bar...
Yes sir: /bar, untick RealUI Control, go into Advanced Settings and unlock them bars

06-18-13, 04:14 PM   #1959
Skyotter
A Fallenroot Satyr
Yet another question...

How do I move the quest objectives on my bar?

As well... since updating to yesterdays version some issues arise. With the new tracking bar.

1) Moonfire only will show up when applied
2) Sunfire is there but will not track
3) There is no longer a mushroom tracker
4) can I get my cast bar to go from left to right and not how you have it set to be right to left?

Last edited by Skyotter : 06-18-13 at 04:20 PM.

06-18-13, 04:26 PM   #1960
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by Skyotter View Post
How do I move the quest objectives on my bar?

As well... since updating to yesterdays version some issues arise. With the new tracking bar.

1) Moonfire only will show up when applied
2) Sunfire is there but will not track
3) There is no longer a mushroom tracker
4) can I get my cast bar to go from left to right and not how you have it set to be right to left?
Quest objective functionality has been temporarily disabled.

1) Fixed in v10
2) That is odd. Works fine on my end. You in Moonkin form?
3) Coming soon™
4) /real > Advanced > Advanced Settings > HuD > Cast Bars

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » RealUI » RealUI