10-08-12, 09:21 AM   #1
avigorus
A Murloc Raider
Cooking addon info

Not even sure if this is possible, but here goes:
Is there/ could there be an add-on which would allow a player to filter their cooking menu (or presumably, any crafting menu) to show only specific recipes instead of all recipes? I'm thinking of something like in the Ackis Recipe List exclusion system where you do something like an alt-click to hide/show it, and have a "display exclusions" or somesuch to make them reappear with a star indicating they are on the exclusion list. Another thought would be a set of filter options, one of which should be "character level too low" to block recipes your character couldn't use even if they were cooked. I would greatly prefer it be compatible with Ackis as well.

I could see some players enjoying this to just ignore some of their recipes that they just never use, but the main reason I'm looking into this is because I'm a starter ed player and I've got a bunch of recipes that I just can't make any use of but I've been learning them anyways lol. Weird completionist tendency I know...
10-08-12, 09:47 AM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Have you made your requests to Ackis/Torhal for ARL?
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

10-09-12, 09:10 AM   #3
avigorus
A Murloc Raider
I have not, actually.... would it be best to just put a comment into one of their mods about it or how to request from specific authors? either way, I mostly posted here so anyone could respond and say if they even thought it was possible as I'm not 100% myself, and I mentioned the Ackis mod out a desired compatibility and an example of one way to make such a filtration work, regardless of who wrote it.
10-09-12, 11:32 AM   #4
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

An addon to replace the default Tradeskill UI may be your best bet. Something like Skillet allows you to create your own groups within the tradeskill list and also allows you to see lvl requirements next to the crafting name.
10-09-12, 02:58 PM   #5
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
For ARL, you can request a feature by submitting a Ticket here: http://www.wowace.com/addons/arl/
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

10-10-12, 12:52 AM   #6
avigorus
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Vis View Post
An addon to replace the default Tradeskill UI may be your best bet. Something like Skillet allows you to create your own groups within the tradeskill list and also allows you to see lvl requirements next to the crafting name.
Sweet exactly what I was looking for.... between that and ATSW linked by it, I'll get my needs sorted out. Thanks all!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Cooking addon info