07-16-10, 06:47 AM   #1
Weirdbeard
A Kobold Labourer
Objectives! Cannot be turned off

Hello!

I am running into a problem with Objectives which is a little different. Suddenly, the Objectives list will turn on and I cannot shut it off. When I go into interface/addons/Objectives! configuration, everything is unchecked except for "Instant Quest Text." The strange thing is that it was never showing and then it suddenly was on one day. No changes had been made at that time.

I am using Carbonite as well so I am also tracking the problem on their site. I have the nUI_Carbonite Integration addon as well.

Thanks for a great addon!
-WB

07-16-10, 10:39 AM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The Objectives frame is a part of the default wow set up. nUI simply makes the frame movable for us.

Are you using my Scrolling Watch Frame addon ? If so, it could be a problem with that as I have started noticing things not working quite the way I was expecting with it but haven't had the opportunity to look further into it as yet.

And, if you are using carbonite try turning that off and see if that resolves the problem. If it does turn on carbonite and see if it starts up again. It could be something happening in there or some incompatibility issue.

07-16-10, 11:51 AM   #3
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

This is a glitch I've noticed in Carb that you may also be seeing if you have Carb set to show/track Achievements. When this happens to me, I cannot click, move, minimize, or do anything with Blizzards Objectives Frame.

The scenario is:

1. You are using the Carb Quest Tracker.
2. You have manually chosen to Track certain Achievements through the Achievement Window. Which then places them inside the Carb Quest Tracker.
3. You have at some point minimized the Carb Quest Tracker and logged out *with the Quest Tracker still minimized*.

The end result:

You log back into that toon, the Carb Tracker is still minimized, but now the Blizz Objectives Frame shows the Achievement. And now you cannot do anything with the window.

The Fix (for me at least):

All that's needed is to Maximize then re minimize the Carb Tracker. Carb will grab the Achievement/s you are tracking and place them back in it's own window, then re hide the Blizz Achievement Frame.

Hope this helps

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » Objectives! Cannot be turned off