11-19-09, 02:43 AM   #1
jasonmcoe
A Defias Bandit
Newby w/a few Q's

Hey! Just downloaded nUI and i like it quite a bit. Havin a few problems tho. There's quite a few things that I want to adjust, but I can't figure out how to get to the nUI Directory/Main Menu to make these adjustments. I looked under Interface/Addons but there is no NUI selection. The normal / commands listed under /nui help aren't enough. What do i do to get to a Main Menu/ Directory for nUI? Thanks!

11-19-09, 02:53 AM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
What is it that you wish to adjust ?

If you type /nui movers you will get red boxes for several elements allowing you to reposition them if they are in a place you would rather them not be.

Also, nUI is not like a compilation pack where you have to make changes to several addons to get them to 'look right'. Instead it is a single addon that works out of the box, usually.

What Scott has set up though is the ability to make some changes if you are confident with making changes to lua code in the layout files. These are situated in the following folders:

/Interface/AddOns/nUI/ --- Main nUI addon folder
/Interface/AddOns/nUI/Layouts/ --- Layout files where you can adjust certain items. Not for the faint-hearted but worth a look see at least.
/Interface/AddOns/nUI/Main/ --- Contains Localization files which contain a list of fonts available to nUI

The other folders are used by the nUI addon itself and should not be changed if at all possible.

Feel free to ask further questions as I am sure someone will be around to answer them and offer assistance.

11-19-09, 06:36 AM   #3
jasonmcoe
A Defias Bandit
Thanks for the /nui movers info. Some of the adjustments i want to make include getting rid of the night elf wisp sound that is made when an ability is off cooldown, bring back the Blizz quest name tracker on the right hand side of screen after u get a quest, move where boss debuff icons are, move where icons of debuffs that I put on the boss (flame schock for example), as well as many other things. How can i get to a menu where i can make these changes? I cant get to it via the Main Menu -> Interface -> Addons route. Thanks!

11-19-09, 09:38 AM   #4
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by jasonmcoe View Post
Thanks for the /nui movers info. Some of the adjustments i want to make include getting rid of the night elf wisp sound that is made when an ability is off cooldown, bring back the Blizz quest name tracker on the right hand side of screen after u get a quest, move where boss debuff icons are, move where icons of debuffs that I put on the boss (flame schock for example), as well as many other things. How can i get to a menu where i can make these changes? I cant get to it via the Main Menu -> Interface -> Addons route. Thanks!
To turn off the "wisp" sound, type this /nui hud cdsound

Under Interface/Objectives... make sure that Advanced Objectives tracking is turn on, and that Disable Mouseover is not checked. To reset the tracking frame type this /nui watchframe

As for the rest, you will more than likely need to wait for nUI6 to be able to make those changes. Scott can verify.

Be sure to check out the F.A.Q. as a lot of questions are already answered there.

http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/f...splay.php?f=89

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » Newby w/a few Q's