10-14-05, 03:14 PM   #1
Vex
Premium Member

showing a frame when you click an option in the dropdown menu

here's my LUA script
http://www.vexiphne.net/DiscordMini.html

basically the functionality i'm looking for is when you click a button thats attached to the minimap frame, it opens a dropdown menu and lets you pick which config window to show. I'm trying to eliminate the need to type in slash commands every time i want to make a change in one of my mod's settings.

the minimap button works, it shows a dropdownmenu, but i can't get the individual options to trigger an event ( showing the frame) ... the events only occur when i click the actual minimap button. events being, showing 5 different option windows at one time.

any help would be much appreciated.
10-14-05, 06:01 PM   #2
Gello
A Molten Giant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
function ShowFrame_OnClick(frame)
-- frame:Show(); -- this will show all frames listed in the dropdownmenu as soon as i click
-- the minimap button, instead of showing the specified frame when i click on its name.
end

info = {};
info.text = "Discord Action Bars";
info.value = "DAB_Options";
info.notCheckable = 1;
info.func = ShowFrame_OnClick(DAB_Options);
UIDropDownMenu_AddButton(info);
What's happening is ShowFrame_OnClick(DAB_Options) runs, but only when it's assigned in the above initialization. ShowFrame_OnClick returns nil so info.func equals nil when the user gets around to clicking that dropdown button.

You'll want to do something like:

info.func = ShowFrame_OnClick

That will make info.func==the function instead of info.func==the result of the function

Of course you'll need to determine which option was chosen some other way. I have very little experience working with the default drop-downs so can't answer that part, but there's certainly a way.

edit: this is a clunky way to work around it. There's surely a smoother method:

info.func = function() ShowFrame_OnClick(DAB_Options) end

It wraps the function call around a function itself. You can also experiment with dropping the parameter to the function:

info.func = ShowFrame_OnClick

function ShowFrame_OnClick()
local id = this:GetID()
DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage("You chose option "..id)
end

Last edited by Gello : 10-14-05 at 06:08 PM.
10-14-05, 07:30 PM   #3
Vex
Premium Member

that easy x_X

thank you so so so so so so so so so so so so so (sox100 more ) much.

eet verks!

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » showing a frame when you click an option in the dropdown menu