01-01-08, 09:29 PM   #1
orreso
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Unhappy AddOns won't load

When I go to the charatcer select screen, all but the KLH Threat meter will show up as being able to be used ingame my AddOns are; KLHThreatMeter, CEnemyCastBar, TitanPanel, TrinityBars, X-Perl, Atlas, and AtlasLoot Enhanced, only the threat meter will load in the AddOns window at the character screen, please help me why this is happening, if it helps, I run Mac OS X (it was the only thing I could afford at the time)
01-01-08, 09:40 PM   #2
Sithraza
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

hmm

Is "load out of date mods" checked?

If not that, it seems that you haven't installed the other mods properly into the AddOns folder.
01-01-08, 09:43 PM   #3
orreso
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Load Out of Date AddOns in checked, I unzipped the AddOns and moved them into the AddOns folder in the WoW folder, do I need to get rid of anything?
plz help, I spent a good chunk of time downloading these (cable loop was flooded at the time)
01-01-08, 09:46 PM   #4
Sithraza
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

exactly what is in your addon folder? if you can perhaps post a screeny, it may help.
01-01-08, 09:50 PM   #5
orreso
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I can't post a screen at the moment but it has all the AddOns that already appear in the folder (blizz provided) and the ones I downloaded (author created)
01-01-08, 10:02 PM   #6
Sithraza
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

hm, im thinking its a problem like this, should be able to catch my drift

for example sake, we'll use trinity core

WoW Directory > Interface > Addons > Trinity > Trinity Core

thats the only real problem i see visualize with WoW not reading most of your mods, it should be like this

WoW Directory > Interface > Addons > Trinity Core

other then that, i would re-install the mods, see what happens.
01-01-08, 10:20 PM   #7
Amaru
A Cliff Giant

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
I don't know if it's different for Mac, but do you have:

WoW > Interface > AddOns > SLHThreatMeter

I would try re-Installing it.
01-07-08, 11:32 AM   #8
orreso
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Sithraza
hm, im thinking its a problem like this, should be able to catch my drift

for example sake, we'll use trinity core

WoW Directory > Interface > Addons > Trinity > Trinity Core

thats the only real problem i see visualize with WoW not reading most of your mods, it should be like this

WoW Directory > Interface > Addons > Trinity Core

other then that, i would re-install the mods, see what happens.
still don't get it, it goes straight to the threatmeter, so, is what you're saying my comp is skipping a step? or do I need to put the .zip's in the folder too? (had them in seperate folder)

Last edited by orreso : 01-07-08 at 11:54 AM.
01-07-08, 11:59 AM   #9
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Read this if you haven't yet
http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/f...em#faq_install
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

01-07-08, 12:13 PM   #10
orreso
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I did what it said but what I'm saying, where do the .zip's go, I've been putting them in a seperate folder while my AddOns went into the AddOns folder, also there was already an addons folder that had the files for the regular UI (ingame Xp bar and all that)
01-07-08, 12:30 PM   #11
Pigl33t
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
The zips are just used to "ship" all the folders and files to your computer. You have no further use for them after you've unzipped them unless you want to keep them in a folder to remember what you use and what versions.
01-07-08, 12:35 PM   #12
orreso
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
okay, but why are there Blizzard AddOns in the AddOns folder ( stuf that begins with Blizzard_)
01-07-08, 01:49 PM   #13
asphixia
A Defias Bandit
blizz put them there a while back so that they load with your addons...for some reason or another. you can't delete them. they just replace themselves.

as for your problem:

what they're trying to say is, when you extract your addons, it places a folder on your desktop, you need to open that folder, and select the one within it, and drop that into your interface > addons folder.

very few aren't like that.

i always open the folder and make sure i'm only moving the folder that has the guts of the addon in it. it'll have multiple different icons, in case you haven't looked before.

get familiar with doing this, as most developers place their mod's guts in 2 folders. you need the base one.
01-07-08, 02:41 PM   #14
Arabeth
A Black Drake

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Hi,

Can I make the assumption that you are using Winzip? (just for explanation, I can't imagine any of the others are that much different).

Once you have downloaded the *.zip file and open it, you'll see a number of columns, one of which will be headed "Path" (sans quotes). This indicates the folder structure to which the *.zip file will be extracted.

So, Trinity 2.0 will show a folder structure something like TrinityBars2\Images\ and such like as Trinity is split into different modules. This indicates that the files of the addon are contained in these folders. These folders need to be extracted to (in my case), C:\World of Warcraft\Interface\Addons\ and it would be this folder you would browse to after hitting the Extract button in Winzip.

If, however, and this is unusual these days, the Path column in Winzip shows as Interface\Addons\TrinityBars2\ &c (which Trinity does not do), then all you have to do is browse to the C:\World of Warcraft folder and confirm the extraction.

Also, I was thinking; have you made sure all the addons are ticked in the addons dialog at the character screen? I know you said it was checked for loading out of date addons, so that may be a stupid question.

Sorry if this sounds like a really dumbed down answer, but I've found that the 'checking whether it's plugged in and turned on' approach is usually a good one to start with no matter how obvious it sounds. I've seen the so-called professionals caught out by that one myself.

If you have already covered all this, sorry once again, but can you then start from the top and explain what you're doing and we'll figure it out (if you haven't already done it while I wrote this). :-)

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » AddOns won't load